Instrument you wanted to play?

Starlighty

Well, there are a few. Mostly guitar, bass and synthesizer, but since I also listen a lot to folk and synthwave, I also would like to play bag pipes or saxophone. My biggest problems are the money and the time. At least for the moment. 

dbjjowc-3fb0df4b-b54c-4c81-89fe-994630d4  

I wanted to play the guitar (Spanish, American and electric) and I did it! Since 2015 I'm learning to play guitar, lot's of chords and my best scale: The Pentatonic Scale, Major and Minor.

My repertoire is VERY limited... one of the songs I know is the last one of MLP: The Magic of Friendship Grows.

I play a bit of traditional catalan songs with the Spanish Guitar; Bluegrass, Blues and in the future French Jazz with my Dobro, and mostly Blues and Hard Rock with my Electric one. (I want to learn how to play funk and... old 80's Mature Music :grin2: If you know what I mean...).

The Guitar is the Queen of all the Instruments. Everybody can play it in any situation: Casual, folk or high Class refined. 

It's portable, can be very cheap or very expensive... 

The thing is that when I play my dobro or my american guitar (you call it "Acoustic Guitar") here in southern Europe is very exotic 'cause the "folk" choice that everybody has in their homes is the Nylon String guitar.

---------------------

I encourage you to learn every instrument you want: don't Fear! Just play 10 minutes or 15 minutes everyday, search for a good instructor, record your progress so you realize you're growing as a musician and very important: Make friends who also play some instruments.

You'll work your personality; make other happy and then yo will be happy.

Actually I wish to make some social work with an association called "Musicians for Health" who are volunteer musicians who play in hospitals here in Spain. (Sadly, my repertoire is very very limited).

You don't know where you're going learning how to play music and speak with your own voice.

Go for it!

• Excited 2

23 hours ago, Arrlong28 said:

I wanted to play the guitar (Spanish, American and electric) and I did it! Since 2015 I'm learning to play guitar, lot's of chords and my best scale: The Pentatonic Scale, Major and Minor.

My repertoire is VERY limited... one of the songs I know is the last one of MLP: The Magic of Friendship Grows.

I play a bit of traditional catalan songs with the Spanish Guitar; Bluegrass, Blues and in the future French Jazz with my Dobro, and mostly Blues and Hard Rock with my Electric one. (I want to learn how to play funk and... old 80's Mature Music :grin2: If you know what I mean...).

The Guitar is the Queen of all the Instruments. Everybody can play it in any situation: Casual, folk or high Class refined. 

It's portable, can be very cheap or very expensive... 

The thing is that when I play my dobro or my american guitar (you call it "Acoustic Guitar") here in southern Europe is very exotic 'cause the "folk" choice that everybody has in their homes is the Nylon String guitar.

---------------------

I encourage you to learn every instrument you want: don't Fear! Just play 10 minutes or 15 minutes everyday, search for a good instructor, record your progress so you realize you're growing as a musician and very important: Make friends who also play some instruments.

You'll work your personality; make other happy and then yo will be happy.

Actually I wish to make some social work with an association called "Musicians for Health" who are volunteer musicians who play in hospitals here in Spain. (Sadly, my repertoire is very very limited).

You don't know where you're going learning how to play music and speak with your own voice.

Go for it!

I think that’s amazing Arrlong. Spot on advice for someone looking to start as a musician. It’s always great to start with small goals and grow. I hope one day that you are able to create that organization! I’m sure you will make a lot of people smile. I wish you the best :3

As for me - I would love to learn how to play the guitar too. Just to play all kinds of genres of music. I used to play saxophone for years and learned some piano back in college. 

7 hours ago, Starlight Serenade said:

I think that’s amazing Arrlong. Spot on advice for someone looking to start as a musician. It’s always great to start with small goals and grow. I hope one day that you are able to create that organization! I’m sure you will make a lot of people smile. I wish you the best :3

As for me - I would love to learn how to play the guitar too. Just to play all kinds of genres of music. I used to play saxophone for years and learned some piano back in college. 

The organization is real. But I can't participate as a volunteer. It was created by a musician who had cancer. Sorry, for my broken english in the other post.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Arrlong28 said:

The organization is real. But I can't participate as a volunteer. It was created by a musician who had cancer. Sorry, for my broken english in the other post.

No need to apologize my friend! Maybe one day you can create an organization that is similar to that one. Or maybe you could contact them that you are interested in joining? 

• Brohoof 1