Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Instrument you wanted to play?

Starlighty

I would love to learn to play keyboard for songwriting purposes. I feel like my music really misses some good background ambience and it is difficult to write these with no instrument backup. Maybe that will be my next purchase ^^

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, ExplosionMare said:

Would be cool if I knew how to play the piano or the guitar. Sadly I'm not musically inclined, so I doubt I would know how to play any of these properly.

You wrote exactly what I was going to write. We are on the same boat

• 2 weeks later...

When I was younger, I wanted to play drums or guitar. Nowadays, I would prefer to play Synthesizer (I could play in metal, rock and also EDM), but without the money, it is not really possible to buy one at the moment. 

I want to play guitar but there are different styles of playing, and different kind of guitars. And I simply don't know the style or the type of guitar that I want to learn. Internet is so full of tutorials but not the right instrument I want. I am tired of searching for years on end

• Brohoof 1

I can play the tenor saxophone, bass clarinet, and I was in marching band! I don't own any currently, though, nor am I in a band :please: would love to get back into it, though! 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty great at guitar and significantly less good at piano, although I can play basic things on it. I can also tinker around with other stringed instruments (lute/banjo/baglama/etc) by virtue of transferrable skills from guitar. I would absolutely *love* to be able to play the accordion, but sadly have never mustered the time or willpower to properly try.

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...

I always wanted to play the keyboard. I took lessons for it years ago, but it didn't work out for me. Part of me wants to try again, but I give up very easily, so it's probably not worth it. :adorkable:

On 2014-12-08 at 12:51 AM, Envy said:

Throughout the last ten years I've wanted to play clarinet, bass clarinet, bassoon, saxophone, oboe/English horn, French horn, and even cello.

I'm so perfectly decisive aren't I just? lol Fortunately (well, you know what I mean), when I got the clarinet I never really liked playing it, never got the chance to play the bass clarinet, lost interest in playing the french horn, and also have long lost interest in playing the cello (I swore myself to wind instruments now, either way. lol). So, that left bassoon, saxophone, and oboe/English horn. The only one which I haven't played/owned is now the English horn. But that's okay, I have my oboe. English horn is usually a doubling instrument, and I haven't played oboe in an ensemble yet.

LOL...

So... Totally got myself a bass clarinet the next summer after this post was posted. Was excited to try to learn it when I got inspired to learn and play the oboe for real instead and yeah...

Late last year I got the opportunity to play tenor saxophone for one event (a pep band event, very casual). I got to actually sit down and learn it and then play it! Amazing. I'm really hoping I find more opportunities in the future.

When I made the first post, I owned my bassoon, tenor saxophone and oboe, but only was able to play the bassoon. Over the last 9 years I have learned the other two (with the saxophone being my weakest, of course).

That leaves some others still... Bass clarinet of course. Looking for an excuse to get to learn and play it for something. It hasn't happened yet.

I also want to learn recorder. I got a tenor recorder, but the holes are so far apart and it hurts my hands to stretch my fingers. D:

Around 2 years ago I started thinking that drums were really cool. I still do but I just dont really have the opportunity to learn how to play them or anything. One day..

I used to know how to play bass but I haven't in a looong time

• 2 months later...

I would like to try guitar or a other string instrument. I played saxophone and piano during college and play sax professionally in my spare time back then. I haven’t played in years though. 

Edited by StarlightNyars

• 6 months later...

The bagpipes. One of my favourite childhood films was Bedknobs and broomsticks. I always loved the scene where the bagpipes were being played on the cliffs over the army ready for battle. I always found it inspiring.

Harmonica. I used to have some Railroad Tycoon games with these wonderful harmonica tunes. I can't help but associate the instrument with the American trains I love. But I couldn't find a harmonica that made the right sound.