Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favourite Musical Instrument

Celtore

I play the ukulele and I love it! I think I've been playing it for about five years now and it's just... noncommittal and adorable.

Here is my child (with a silly bokeh Instagram filter):

post-18603-0-08727200-1401790939_thumb.png

• Brohoof 2

Well, that's an interesting question!  :lol:

I would have to say mine is the Harpsichord! It's a little old fashioned, but something about it is so brilliant!!!

Oh, but of course, I just love Classical Music, and especially the baroque era!

It such a chillingly stringy instrument, love the sound of it though!

Not many people know what the harpsichord is, but just in case any of you are reading this, it looks like this:

576px-ClavecinRuckers%26Taskin.JPG

• Brohoof 1

My is electric guitar. It is used in very varied music genres from pop music, through rock, reggae, blues to metal or jazz. I especially love extended range guitars (7 and 8 string, 9 is overkill for me already) due to access to lower notes that can be quite handy in songwriting if such guitar is in good hands. I love how electric guitar with use of random effects can provide wide variety of sound and as a guitarist I have to say that it's simply fun to play. I own an electric guitar myself. Actually I have 3 electric guitars. But most recent one is actually extended range guitar (8 string) that I want to use for my songwriting. Here is it:

1911138_729599223757816_2466242369826618

• Brohoof 1

It's hard to choose honestly. I like the whole orchestra, ha. But if I reaaaally had to pick just one.. probably the violin.

• Brohoof 2

As a musician, it's only natural for me to ask, what's your favorite instrument to listen to?

img-2700382-1-Orchestra_mogano.jpg

Even though I'm a pianist/cellist/percussion for a long time, my favorite instrument is the harp. When I first heard it live, I fell in love and became the harpist's boyfriend just so I can hear her practice (She was pretty too, but that was a big reason regardless XD)

So that's my little description as to why I like the harp the most. What instrument do you enjoy listening to the most, and why? Piano? Violin? Something exotic like the Erhu? Ocarina?

Or maybe you're an electronic type, who enjoys the synthesizer? Dubstep beats? Discuss.

I forgot to mention this earlier...........the Harp would be one instrument, I would love to play, tbh.  Very soothing, calm, and majestic instrument, :)

i play the bass guitar, i love its sound

but my favourite instrument is for sure the Organ, especially the good old ones you find in churches, i love it

img-2700513-1-OrgueSaintThomasStrasbourg

but sometimes it can fit some progessive rock as well XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrQo8UXItQE

Come on down to Atlantic City.............we have the biggest Organ in the world.    :D

• Brohoof 2

My favorite musical instrument would have to be the ESP M Vampire Biotech Model with a EMG 81 active pickup. The reason why is that I always had a fascination with electric guitars.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure, I too play many instruments. I would say maybe the piano is my favorite? French Horn probably my second favorite. lol

• Brohoof 2

It’s an interesting question; it’s hard to pick one:

I love the sound of different instruments for different reasons and each instrument has a different part to play and I like them all equally.

But if I’m picking one I think I’d say piano:

·       The piano is a sound that can work with pretty much any genre

·       the black and white key layout are copied over in keyboards and synthesizers

·       It’s easy to play (as in no holding a note a certain way, press it and hey presto it does the note)

·       Some classic tunes I remember a great deal have pianos

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

My favourite would be the Piano, I'm learning how to play it at the moment I love the sound it makes and some of my favourite songs are played on the piano.

Edited by NightOwl
  • Brohoof 1

The Saxophone.

Because it's such a slick instrument and the most common instrument used in jazz n' blues.

23393_saxophone.jpg

Well, I think I've always made my favorite instruments pretty clear. =P *points at signature*

But to (over)simplify things, the oboe is (probably) my current favorite instrument.

Just listen to the Adagio movement of this (3:32):

Granted, the oboe played in this recording is a model based off of one from the Baroque era, and has a very different sound from the modern oboe. However, it is so immensely beautiful, that I can't even begin to describe it. No other instrument can touch that sound.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I used to play the piano and the guitar.

My favorite instruments are the organ and the synthesizer.

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 3

I guess many like the piano because of the range that you get from the piano is insane. Very few instruments have that ability.

• Brohoof 3