Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Favourite Musical?

Reverie

Avenue Q is right up there. For those who have never heard of it think Sesame Street gone, horribly, horribly adult. I am not gonna give away to much but I absolutely love it. This Musical is just soooooooooooo funny. I am gonna have to add Lion King, Les Miserables to this list too. But, trust me go and see Avenue Q if you can. You will be thanking me.

It's the only musical I've ever seen and it's brilliant. Needless to say it's to say it's my favourite.
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh god, my favorite topic, MUSICALS! :wub:

I've always been a fan of musicals. I, myself, have been in Grease. I was only an understudy for Jan, tho. But it was cool, and I still love Grease.

The Sound of Music is a classic. It was probably one of the first musicals I've ever seen (if you don't count Disney films, at least.) DO, A DEER, A FEMALE DEER...

And My Fair Lady has also very fond memories.

But I have to say, that my ultimate favorite musical is Wicked. I loved The Wizard of Oz when I was little, but somehow I just loved Wicked even more (I rarely like spin-offs/different point of view stories more than the original story). But the music... AH. The story... AH.

ABSOLUTELY MY FAVORITE MUSICAL EVER. (:wub: x million)

I also saw the Lion King musical on stage in New York. OMIGAWD IT WAS SO AWESOME! >w<

I still have to see Avenue Q. I've listened to the soundtrack and all, but haven't seen the original yet. :(

And I've had the DVD of West Side Story for at least a year now, and I haven't watched it yet...

:blush:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

note: the titles in bold are in my Top 100 Favorite Films.

Cabaret

Singin' in the Rain

Chicago

The Blues Brothers (though I think it's kind of more an epic comedy than a musical)

Dancer in the Dark

Moulin Rouge!

Rent

The Sound of Music

Sweet Charity

Fiddler on the Roof

Mary Poppins

The Happiest Millionaire

Hair

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory

Little Shop of Horrors

The Great Muppet Caper

Across the Universe

Oliver!

The Music Man

The Producers

Edited by CinemaBrony

Sweeny Todd Was awesome, They did overdo the blood but apart from that it was a fantastic movie.

But my all time favorite's would be, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and The Corpse Bride. I cant choose between them, they are both So Awesome :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Gah I have so many! 

If I was to choose just one it would have to be We Will Rock You! Simply because it's a musical based up Queen songs, the story is actually rather interesting and they way they fit the songs into the story is excellant.

Otherwise, Spamalot is ridiculously hilarious, Wicked is brilliant and The Lion King is simply amazing.

High School Musical

Oh I think you have the wrong thread. We're discussing good musicals :P

Love, love, LOVE into the woods.

I'm one of those people obsessed with Audrey. My Fair Lady is just stunning and THE COSTUMES ohmy.png simply to die for.

I must say I'm seriously disappoint by the amount of people saying Wicked and Phantom. I mean they're ok but they're hardly outstanding stage productions or films, just light entertainment...

Other ones that have to be up there for me are Fame, Guys & Dolls, Gypsy, The King and I, High Society, Hair, Evita, Chorus Line, Annie Get Your Gun, South Pacific, Fiddler On The Roof, Singing in the Rain, 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, White Christmas

There are many more I love but then we'd be here forever.

Nothing beats West Side Story though. One of the most stunning creations to ever exist I think.

note: the titles in bold are in my Top 100 Favorite Films.

Cabaret

Chicago

The Blues Brothers (though I think it's kind of more an epic comedy than a musical)

Dancer in the Dark

Moulin Rouge!

The Producers

Rent

The Sound of Music

Sweet Charity

Fiddler on the Roof

Mary Poppins

The Happiest Millionaire

Hair

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory

Little Shop of Horrors

The Great Muppet Caper

Across the Universe

Oliver!

The Music Man

How did neither of you have Les Miserables on your list?

In my opinion, it's about as close as you get to a perfect musical. Not only are there several, intertwining interesting stories, they also portray a very important time of history, and how it effected some of the poor. Each story inspires different emotions, and really connects you to the characters.

And then there's the music.

The music in Les Mis is just unbeatable. I've heard music from practically every musical worth half a grain of salt, but nothing compares to Les Mis. Each song not only tells a story, but is just plain well arranged, and really makes you feel for the characters. Lyrics are without flaw, and when sung by a good cast... :'(

I have not favourite musical but a style of music that i love, two exactly, it is the nightcore and trance !

Particularly this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvaIgq5j2Q8

Fun  :lol:

I think you posted in the wrong thread :P