Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favourite Musical Instrument

Celtore

Probably bass guitars. I always love the raw metallic sound of a good slap bass, it has a very interesting character to it in my opinion, especially because it's very staccato-ey most of the time.

• Brohoof 1

Mine's the piano. I've been playing it for 14 years. And I'm 16. :)

It's how you can get yourself ten notes, more if your piece/improv lets it, of different tones to make your chords, progressions, riffs and scale/arpeggio-based bars have some real depth, meaning you can make more out of it. When played well, a piano sounds divine. It is enormously satisfying to play, and the professional piano players have the most insane amount of skill.

• Brohoof 1

Hello!

Oh, definately the Guitar! Myself, being a guitar player, couldn't rank another instrument higher than the good old 6 string. I play an Electric guitar, though i'd wish to learn classical guitar aswell after i have finished my guitar theory lessons.

• Brohoof 2

Drum set, without a doubt.  I've been playing the drums for seven years, starting in the 6th grade.  I don't have a drum set at my house because I don't have any room, so it's hard not being able to play.  Right now, I just have a strong urge to play drums, maybe I can use the one in my dad's band room at the school he teaches at.

• Brohoof 1

Piano and violin.  I only play the piano but I would love to be able to teach myself the violin some day, I actually have one but one of the strings tightener things are broken on it.  I'm learning a bunch of Kingdom Hearts songs at the moment

• Brohoof 1

I'm a woodwind person. I love flutes, clarinets, etc. My favorite instrument is the flute, seeing that I had some experience with it when I was in junior high/middle school. I wouldn't mind having it once again, as well as learning it in an advanced manner. 

• Brohoof 1

Whats everypony's favorite instrument Tell why...or not, mine's the trumpet(I play it) img-1264800-1-smile.png

GO BRASS SECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mainly trumpets!

Artemis: The character minimum exists to promote higher-quality posts and worthwhile discussion. Please don't add pointless filler text to circumvent it.

YEAAAAA Go BRASS I play the trumpet in marching band well at least i used to this was my senior year.... But i still try to play. So to sum it up Trumpet is the best!

• Brohoof 1

Electric guitar and tenor saxophone. Guitar because i love metal, and saxophone because I used to be in a marching band where i played sax.

• Brohoof 1

The violin, I can kinda play it. But I like it for how sexy it sounds in everything ever. Dubstep, Rap, whatever. Tis the bacon of the music world.

• Brohoof 2

The alto sax hands down. Of course this may just be because it's the instrument I play.

That sleek design, all those keys, an octave key, plenty of alternate fingerings and an altissimo range if you learn how to play it. I'm not a huge jazz nut but improv is amazing not only to listen to but to play.

..... I miss my sax sad.png

Wait for me; I'll be coming home soon

• Brohoof 1

I love the Piano, and by that I mean the Grand Piano.

But my favorite of all has to be the acoustic guitar that I've been playing since I was a child. Still have my old guitar from when I was seven. Is somewhere in my library/study room. Last time I used it was on my friend's birthday to play a song.

Think I played something I never heard of too :P

I think something by "Coldplay." I don't even know who they are that much, I'm not into music unless is from eighty years ago :lol:

My friend had the lyrics and sheet music :P

Edited by Comrade-Dimitri-Hammer
  • Brohoof 2

Your thread for favorite instruments has been merged with an older one. Please use the search feature before beginning a new thread to ensure a similar or identical one doesn't already exist.

Thanks.

Edited by Artemis

For me, this has to be a tie between the instrument I most like to hear (electric guitar), and the instrument I most like to play (violin). They're both majestic in their own unique ways, and surprisingly awesome when paired together. They've got their respective merits, and I honestly can't choose between the two. I just love 'em both! wub.png

• Brohoof 1

my favorite instrument, as a biased piano player, would of course be the piano!

and as a biased clarinet player, my second favorite instrument would of course be the clarinet!

also if i could play a string instrument, i'd love to learn mariachi style violin or the cello. and if i had to pick a brass instrument, it would TOTALLY be the bass trombone. that thing is downright SEXY

hey look, funny video about clarinets and trombones tongue.png

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 1

My favorite would be the Alto Sax, very unique and rather sexy. Second would be the trumpet, since I played it, though the trumpet I feel is only at best when played with jazz. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

This one's a tough one.

I mess around with woodwinds myself, specifically non-keyed flutes and whistles. I can't call myself a musician though.

I built a lap harp once, but never learned to play it because it was damaged in an earthquake shortly after I built it and it can no longer take tension on the strings.

P1010027.JPG

My wife's really into cello. She used to play when she was younger, but it's one of those things you have to keep practicing and her other hobbies took her away from that.

And I have a thing for bagpipes when done properly. It's a heritage thing. smile.png

• Brohoof 1

Seriously,I love a good violin.It just sounds so beautiful in any sort of song,even dubstep thanks to Lindsey Stirling.It's just such an amazing instrument.I also enjoy the saxaphone because jazz is too cool to not like at all.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, I kind of somewhat like the didgeridoo for some odd reason :huh:

I dunno, I guess I just like the jungle-like sound it makes

I also like the piano as well because most of my favorite songs are played by a piano of some sort and they sound quite nice

I would also really love to learn how to play the piano as well

• Brohoof 1