Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Favourite Musical?

Reverie

Its hard to choose just one. I like Les Miserable, Sweeney Todd, the Rocky Horror Picture Show, and Evil Dead: The Musical, just to name a few. Right now I'm leaning towards Les Mis, but really my favorite changes with my mood.

Evil Dead: The Musical is very underrated though. Its an awesome, hilarious parody of the horror genre.

Oh I think you have the wrong thread. We're discussing good musicals :P

How did neither of you have Les Miserables on your list?

In my opinion, it's about as close as you get to a perfect musical. Not only are there several, intertwining interesting stories, they also portray a very important time of history, and how it effected some of the poor. Each story inspires different emotions, and really connects you to the characters.

And then there's the music.

The music in Les Mis is just unbeatable. I've heard music from practically every musical worth half a grain of salt, but nothing compares to Les Mis. Each song not only tells a story, but is just plain well arranged, and really makes you feel for the characters. Lyrics are without flaw, and when sung by a good cast... :'(

I think you posted in the wrong thread :P

This is only for movie music ? I don't understand XD

sorry for my failure X)

*Your post contains only 58 characters, this board has a minimum of 100 characters per post*  :(

Rocky Horror

Phantom of the Opera

Monty Python's Spamalot

I would have never gone to spamalot  had it not been advertised on TV.  but even as i sit here writing this out i can't forget about what happened that night.  If you all are monty python and the holy grail fans  you will undoubtly remember the scene in the movie where they blow up the killer rabbit with the holy hand grenade of antioch.  the musical deviates from this.  yes they still blow it up.  but they blow it up in order to discover the holy grail's location.  it's stuffed under some poor schlub's chair in the audience.  guess who that poor schlub was?  you guessed it.  i HATE (and i mean hate with the passion of 1000 burning suns) any sort of spotlight and any attention at all.  but to make matters worse they dragged me up on stage with  the rest of the nights. sang a song to me i was clearly uncomfortable when all i wanted to do was crawl under the chair and die a very slow death.  maybe their flying cow would have fallen on me *anything* to get me off that stage.   

My favourites? Bye Bye Birdie, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, and the Music Man, in that order.

I was in all three, and Annie, which didn't make top three. Sorry Annie.

My University is doing Chicago soon. I can't wait to be in that one.

yes they still blow it up.  but they blow it up in order to discover the holy grail's location.  it's stuffed under some poor schlub's chair in the audience.  guess who that poor schlub was?  you guessed it.  i HATE (and i mean hate with the passion of 1000 burning suns) any sort of spotlight and any attention at all.  but to make matters worse they dragged me up on stage with  the rest of the nights. sang a song to me i was clearly uncomfortable when all i wanted to do was crawl under the chair and die a very slow death.  maybe their flying cow would have fallen on me *anything* to get me off that stage.   

You have no idea how jealous I am of you! I'd have loved to have been chosen to go on stage, especially as it was Spamalot!

The flying cow, ah that made me laugh so hard...

• Brohoof 1

My favorite musical would have to be the Phantom of the Opera

As depressing as it was, it was still well written and directed

I would watch it again if it weren't so long

I have the movie BTW

I also kind of liked High School Musical

I'm sure people might think "WTF MAN!" But whatever...

I actually enjoyed it :3

Edited by ~ds8~

You have no idea how jealous I am of you! I'd have loved to have been chosen to go on stage, especially as it was Spamalot!

The flying cow, ah that made me laugh so hard...

yay! another spamalot fan!  the original cast was fantastic.  I actually became a Greys Anatomy fan because of Sara Ramirez (callie torres) who  is the lady of the lake in spamalot.    wait your jealous of me?  believe me i would ave traded my left leg to swap the two of us.    I had a really hard time focusing on anything else after that. :( because all i wanted to do was die after that. 

yay! another spamalot fan!  the original cast was fantastic.  I actually became a Greys Anatomy fan because of Sara Ramirez (callie torres) who  is the lady of the lake in spamalot.    wait your jealous of me?  believe me i would ave traded my left leg to swap the two of us.    I had a really hard time focusing on anything else after that. :( because all i wanted to do was die after that. 

Ah you saw it in the US? We had Bonnie Langford as the Lady who's perhaps not as well known over there xD.

Yes! If I got included in anything Python related that would be a dream come true. They'd probably have trouble getting me off the stage rather than on :).

• 10 years later...

im inclined to say heathers because the movie is the all time number one top film in the entire universe but the musical is just really different lul i dont exactly have the same passion for it. ive seen it thrice though. most recently in august during the uk tour

i saw beetlejuice recently and it was so cool dude like the set work was out of this world. id watch it 100x over if i could, probably my favorite until something else tops it