open ~ENDING!~ Hearth's Warming Eve party-- SOL

AmberDust

OOC thread--Read this post first! http://mlpforums.com/topic/116775-ooc-introduce-yourself-this-holiday-hearths-warming-party/

UNPAUSED.

"Hello? Plum? Are you there?" As Amber trotted into the festive purple house, a cool winter breeze filled the hall with whirling snowflakes.

"I'm over here, Amber," a mare called from another room. As Amber relieved her scarf and boots, Plum Pudding, a brown Earth pony with friendly green eyes, made her way to the door to greet her old friend.

"It smells great in here," Amber said, taking a whiff of the warm, fragrant air.

"Been baking all afternoon!" Plum wiped her brow, smearing flour on her face. She ushered Amber Dust into through her kitchen, revealing a bountiful feast of sweets and treats in a warm, candle-lit dining hall, all surrounding a huge platter of her famous plum pudding.

"It looks delicious!" Amber said, licking her lips. "Is there anything I can help with?"

"Actually, I'm just about done!" Plum chuckled bashfully, sliding fresh ginger cookies onto a plate. "Now we just have to wait for the guests to arrive!"

"Come on, Plum. Take a break." Amber urged her friend out of the kitchen.

"I guess everything's ready," Plum decided, as her unicorn friend pushed her into the parlor. She sat in front on the fireplace as Amber conjured up a fire.

"This party is such a great idea, Plum", she said as she levitated kindling across the room.

"I thought it'd be a good way to promote my new bakery," Plum said, with a small smile. "I just hope everypony likes it."

"Everypony will LOVE it," Amber assured her, smiling. "In fact, I'm trying really hard right now NOT to stick my face in that pecan pie." She nodded towards the kitchen. Plum chuckled.

"It's too bad StormJumper couldn't be here though," Plum said quietly.

"Yeah," Amber agreed glumly. "But she's still contributing. I bet she's doing all she can right now to keep this from becoming a full-blown blizzard."

The pair gazed out the window at the softly falling snow.

"It IS quite beautiful out," Plum said, with a happy sigh. "I guess you're right."

Amber leaned her head on Plum's comfortingly. "It's nice that we can all be together again," she said. She walked across the parlor and sat in front of the fire.

There was a knock at the door.

(That's your cue. Check the OOC thread first.)

Edited by AmberDust

Opening the door almost right after knocking, Spacer trots in bringing in a gust of cold from outside and quickly shuts the door behind her shivering covering in a thin layer of snow. "Burrr burr burrr!"

She looks at the other two ponies in the room and gave a half smile. "Hello there, is this where the Hearths Warming eve get together?" she asked shivering again before shaking all the snow from her body and spreading her wings to get the remaining snow off. "sorry about the snow blizzard I just made in here" She laughed and hoofed at the snow she shook off to hopefully make it go away some how.

Spacer only had a scarf on by the time she got to the get together. She lost her hat on the fly over here and didn't want to go looking for it and freeze. She took off her scarf and placed it on a rack sniffling due to her red nose from the cold. She could barely smell anything.

Plum Pudding stood up quickly with nervous excitement and trotted to meet the guest.

"Yes!" She said, nearly yelling. Then, embarrassed, she added quietly, "Yes, this is the right place." Amber trotted up behind her to greet this new weather-worn Pegasus.

"Happy Hearth's warming," she said kindly. "I'm Amber Dust." She paused a moment, brushing the snow into a best little pile.

"Oh. And I'm Plum Pudding...your hostess," her friend added nervously. "Please, come in...What your name?"

"Nice to meet the both of you and Happy Hearths Warming" Spacer replied with a smile as she trotted in a little more closer to the fire. She could already feel herself warming up.

"My name is Spacer. Its been awhile since I celebrated Hearths Warming. I have been traveling all around Equestria and my luck happen to land me right when winter hits" She laughed and could start smelling the numerous aromas of food. She licked her lips and sat herself down by the fire. "So do you two live here?" She asked both Plum and Amber.

The snow flew gently to the ground, to the Arabian stallion it was raining upon him at as he flew in the winter sky. Snow was always common in the mountainous regions, but Ahaban was a desert faring pony. The warmer flatlands and canyons becoming his preference.

His body shuddered again but he didn't strafe from it's course upon Ponyville. Unaware to him not all his belongings.

@@AmberDust

From Ahabans pouches adorned onto his vest, a decorative necklace dangles close to falling, unbeknownst to the concentrated pegasus.

It falls about toward the ground of the town landing in the snow in front of a pony's home.

Edited by IllusivePony

"Yes, I've been living in Ponyville for a little while now," Plum said, walking into the kitchen to grab a plate of goodies.

"She's trying to promote her new bakery," Amber explained. "She hasn't opened it yet and plans on running it from home... Hopefully all the food she made will get everyone hooked on her baking." Amber smiled. "oh," she added, "And I don't live in town just yet. I was thinking of buying a house for a while while I explore the wonders around here. That's why Plum invited me to Ponyville. I'm an explorer, kind of." She tilted her head. "We grew up together, so I might just end up staying."

Plum entered the room with a plate of warm ginger snaps. She placed it on the coffee table.

"Please, help yourself." She said. "There's plenty more in the kitchen if you're hungry".

@

There was a rustling outside.

@@AmberDust

Ahaban awaited patiently after knocking upon the door having spotted the street and house number whilst still flying.

With a quick look around as if by precaution he looks around the snowy environment. Looking upon the snowy ground he snatches up the necklace in surprise having unsure how it fell.

When the door opened he turned to the mare he bows his head.

" يشرفني أن ألتقي بكم. Honored to see you ." He greets formally.

"Awe thats cute! Friends stick together. I hope you do find success here, its a nice town with out the cold." Spacer said getting up and hoofing a ginger "thanks" and nibbles on it. Only after a couple minutes did Spacer have the half of the ginger snaps in her stomach.

Her ears perked up and heard the rustling outside. "You must have another guest here, or the light snow turned into a blizzard." She said with some crumbs on her face.

• Brohoof 1

Plum Pudding, getting excited again, nearly galloped to the door. She composed herself quickly and pulled the door open to another flurry of snowflakes. Once it settled, Plum could make out a pegasus stallion, adorned with jewellery and flight equipment. He looked like an explorer.

"Hullo," she said, slightly surprised. "You're here for the party? Please, come in."

She held the door open for him.

"Erm--what's your name?"

((OOC--I'm guessing he doesn't actually know about the party))

Edited by AmberDust

@@AmberDust

Before entering, Ahaban shook off the snow that had accumulated over his body. He's steps, noticing other guests he felt a bit embarrassed having not greeted them*.

"I am Ahaban. Thank you for inviting me." He says, he pulls down the shemagh scarf that hid his muzzle and wiping away the condensation from his goggles as he removes them.

@

Seeing the other guest he bows his head in greeting.

" يشرفني أن ألتقي بكم. I am honored to meet you." He says to Spacer

(* Fun Fact: In Arabic culture it is considered rude to not greet everyone when entering a home)

• Brohoof 1

((OOC-- okay I guess I'll go))

Looking over her shoulder to see who was at the door, Amber's heart leapt. She trotted over excitedly.

"You're from Saddle Arabia," she blurted out, eyeing the stallion's goggles and jewellery. "Um--right? Sorry I've...I've always wanted to travel there." She composed herself, slightly embarrassed. The four of them entered the parlor and sat down.

"Please make yourself at home," Plum said. "I'll be right with you." She went back to the front door and began cleaning up the snow as the other three settled in front of the fire.

"Are you an explorer by chance?" Amber began again, picking up a cookie.

@

Edited by AmberDust

@@AmberDust

Red Cedar trotted quickly through the streets of Ponyville, clad in a vest and scarf against the cold, on his way to Plum Pudding's home. Seeing as he was only visiting from Vanhoover, he was glad to have a place to go and celebrate the holiday a little. Finally arriving at the house, he stamped off the snow outside on the step as best he could, so he wouldn't get too much in the house, and then knocked on the door.

((ooc: I apologize, did you need me to do something?))

@@AmberDust

Putting on the colorful beaded necklace he hides it away under his shemagh. He took a seat near the fire.

"You could say that I suppose. I'm a contractor. Defense contractor. You know, security details and that..." He says, his tone seeming hesitant about the subject.

Ahaban fluttered his wings a bit to stretch them from having endure a blistering cold. His disposition felt rather uncomfortable, being the only male there. Not that it was a problem, just that he felt out of place.

His ears perked.

"A visitor has come." He says hearing the door knock.

Edited by IllusivePony

But Ahaban's plight didn't last long, as another stallion was soon standing in the doorway. He was an earth pony with a maroon coat and a black and green mane.

Plum had opened the door to let him in, but another  gust of snow followed him and coated her freshly-cleaned entryway. Plum laughed lightly to herself, realizing that the cleanup was a lost cause. She put down her dustpan.

"Welcome," she said with a smile. "Do come in."

She lead him through the hall into the parlour where the other ponies sat.

"Everypony, this is Red Cedar. He's the one responsible for this beautiful tree." She gestured towards a great pine that sat in the corner. It was decorated in all sorts of lights and homemade decorations, and the light from the fire made it glitter spectacularly.

Plum suddenly noticed the empty cookie plate.

"Oh my," She said with a laugh, looking towards Spacer, who's face had more crumbs on it than anyone else's. She pointed towards the dining hall, from which great smells were drifting.

"Is anypony else hungry?"

((ooc--Ahaban, not Abraham. Darn you auto-carrot. :P))

Edited by AmberDust

@@Red Cedar

Ahaban looked to the earth Pony giving him a greeting nod.

" يشرفني ." He simply said.

@@AmberDust

"I suppose so." He responded to the question beginning to walk his way into the dinning room.

Aromas of sweets and goodies all lining up around the table (or from the kitchen if not in the dinning room). Sweet treats and such were never accustom to Arabian diet, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

Red smiled as he was let in. "Thanks, Plum," he said, then tried to help get the snow out of her house, at least until he realized it was definitely a lost cause as much as she did. Hanging up his vest and scarf, he smiled as he was introduced as the one responsible for the tree, waving to everypony in the room. "Oh, I just found it. You're the one who made it look fantastic!" he said.

Trotting back to retrieve his saddlebag, he then walked up to Plum again. "Little something for the party," he explained, "Some cider and mulling spices. Should keep everyone cozy and warm tonight." he added with a smile.

After being buffeted about by the wind and snow, Dex finally spotted the place described in the invitation. Slowly descending through the crystalline rain, Dex made his way to the door. Not wanting to make too much of a mess, he fluffed his wings to rid them of the snow and whipped his tail once or twice. Lifting his goggles, Dex knocked on the door.

He'd wanted to be back in Dodge Junction to see family, but a late emergency had called him to the Ponyville area. The snow was making travel home next to impossible, so this seemed like a nice place to spend the day. 

"Thank you!" Plum said, pleasantly surprised. "Go on, have something to eat."

She immediately began preparing the delicious cider when another pony knocked at the door.

"Hmm. Um, could somepony else get that, please?" She said nervously from the kitchen, struggling to talk with a pitcher in her mouth. 

((OOC-- That's you, @DexterousWings. :P))

Edited by AmberDust

@@DexterousWings @@AmberDust

As Red Cedar was hanging his saddlebags back up by the door anyway, he guessed that meant he was closest. "I got it!" he called, opening the door quickly so as not to let in another blizzard. "Hi!" he said to the pegasus at the door. "If you're looking for this place, you're in the right place!" he said. "My name's Red Cedar. Plum is in the kitchen." he explained.

Ahaban entered into the dinning hall first checking left to right as if scanning for something before setting his hoof in. He approached and circled about the table as if to identify every single food item on it.

He stopped letting out a somewhat fatigued sigh.

"You know how to behave." He thought to himself.

Grabbing a small plate he picked up a couple slices of sliced apples. A simple snack.

@RedCedar

Dex chuckled.

"Yeah, this place looks like the place that I wanted to place myself. Name's Dex. Haven't seen this much snow since that time in Canterlot with the two prankster pegasi fillies."

Dex hung up his bags and goggles. Carefully, he stretched his wings to take in some of the warmth of the home.

"Smells amazing"

• Brohoof 1

@ @

Amber watched as the Arabian pony picked through the feast quietly, selecting the smallest and simplest snack.

"He doesn't look to happy, does he," she said absent-mindedly to Spacer. "I wonder if something's wrong."

Plum peeked her head into the dining room, holding a tray of fresh cider in her mouth. She offered one to Ahaban sheepishly, taking note of his sad sigh.

@@AmberDust

Ahaban looked toward Plum as she approached, he gives a slight respectful bow nodding to her.

"Thank you." He says and taking a glass (or tankard if that's the serving.) And placing his small along the table.

He looked beyond Plum toward the kitchen

"Do you need any assistance?" He asks her

wanting to be helpful.

Plum looked back into her messy kitchen, which was quite different from the gorgeously organized dining table. 

"Oh, no, It's fine," she said, embarassed. "I'm sure it'll just keep getting dirtier as the night goes on anyways." She laughed shyly. "Just like the snow in the entrance-- I'd rather you just enjoy yourself and make yourself at home." She smiled kindly to him.

@@AmberDust

Ahaban nodded in her request. He takes his seat at the table. But he looks back toward the table deciding to be curtious and taking a slice of apple pie adding it to his plate.

Now back in his seat he careful cuts the slice with a provided fork taking a bit.

He quietly let out a murmur of delight having been quiet some time since he enjoyed a good slice.