Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open ~ENDING!~ Hearth's Warming Eve party-- SOL

AmberDust

@@strideralchemy

@@legionbrony

The two stallions departed to the door when the guard pony had opened it.

"Oh ! Marhaben. Please do come in." The Arabian pony speaks forth allowing the mare inside. The zebra smiles and steps to the side as she passes allowing for passage.

The two stallions exchange a cultural cheek kiss before the zebra steps out.

"Enjoy yourself and stay warm. Yet to come are more storms." Bulawayo spoke in his rhyme.

"Goodbye friend." Ahaban says before closing the door.

"Welcome to the Hearth Warm party. " he says in quick intro to the mare.

Edited by IllusivePony

Novel looks at the two ponies and manages to speak "H-hello. I'm Lonar Novel. I work at the library across town." She stifles a gulp, noticing the amount of people and none that she knew. She refocuses on the two ponies at the door, "Is this Plum's party?" She asks as she slowly steps into the warm house.

Silver nods calmly.  "Yes, she is the hostess."

He looks up at Ahaban and realizes that he will make sure Lunar isn't ill-received, and after giving them both a gentle nod, makes his way over to the same general vicinity he'd been in before, slightly awkwardly.

She allows the smell of cider to fill her nostrils, her stomach growling a little. She had not eaten all day and should have something hot to drink soon. But right now she was more concerned with the party and figuring out who she could maybe start a conversation with. Novel smiles softly at the stallion in front of her, "Thank you." She pauses for a moment before adding "I go by Novel"

@@strideralchemy

"Ismi Aha'ban, tuli minfadlika." He speaks in his native language.

"There's warm cider and food in the dining hall and I just warmed the fire. Plum must be still working in the kitchen." He says before returning by himself at the fire place. With his friend now gone he reserved himself simply enjoying the fire's warmth.

Novel nods in appreciation before nervously going to the dining hall. The smell of all the delicious treats tempted her, but she did not want to appear to be a glutton. Novel takes a glass of cider, using her horn to drink from the glass. As she finishes the hot cider she takes another and goes to the fire to relax.

((If I don't reply I am a student in school so I'm here just unable to respond at times))

Edited by strideralchemy
  • Brohoof 1

@@strideralchemy

Ahaban sighed slightly in his concealed content near the warmth of the fire. For his first Equestrian holiday it was a rather enjoyable one, a shame Bulawayo had to depart but no complaints. Soon he would become rather occupied himself. He mumbled quietly.to himself.

Finally Novel had a place to stay for a while. She practically lives at the library and is often alone. She sits right beside Ahaban, curious about his heritage but she is too afraid to ask. She knows a little about what's going on in Saddle Arabia and knows how sensitive the subject might be. Still, she craves knowledge but doesn't want to make anypony uncomfortable.

• Brohoof 1

@@strideralchemy

Ahaban looked upon the fire, noting most of it's details as his notable sense was of his sight. An uncommon form of fire, like a stranger he has yet to meet. The flames again grew,weak.

Ahaban stands grabbing another small log.

"Hungry little thing aren't you?" He slightly smiles talking to his personified flame buddy.

Mythos Gray was running fashionably late for the party, having heard about it and deciding it would be a good chance to get to know new ponies. as well as perhaps meet lovely fillies or mares. Finally, the unicorn would see his destination before him while took a hoof and move his white mane from in front of his face. He was dressed in a warm black coat, with a purple scarf with white outlines of ornaments. Hearth's Warming was such a wonderful season, often romantic as well, with the snow and colors, the good cheer and laughter. Smiling he would step up to the door and knock with a solid yet cheerful beat that he hoped could be heard, excited on what he would fine and who he would meet.

Novel suppresses a smile. This pony is a bit odd but slightly humorous in nature to her. Ahaban is doing the job of the hostess. Maybe out of courtesy or self interest in the flames. Whatever it was it made her smile. The fire made her at ease, enjoying the warmth. Novel takes another sip of her cider, feeling her body relax

Silver stands amongst the chatting, doing none himself, when he hears another knock at the door.  As he trots to answer it, he reflects upon how strangely fitting it is that a guard should open the door.  Perhaps he should stand near the door and greet all the new ponies?

But no, he didn't know how many more would be coming.  It would most likely be a waste of time.

Sighing lightly, he opened the door with his magic, nodding to the pony as they stepped inside.  "Welcome.  It is a pleasure to meet you, my name is Silver Shield."

@@strideralchemy

Ahaban's ears perked again, "More guests." He says.

@@EquestrianScholar

Looking over as the door is opened he nods to the stallion

"Marhaben tatltanakil. Come on in please." He says I'm getting to the new guest.

"The host about, just the near the window if you wish to speak with her. Food and drinks are in the dining hall." The Arabian pony informed.

Edited by IllusivePony

Novel lifted her head at the new guest with a smile. She took note of his cutie mark, an open book with a dragon. She was elated! He's bound to have interest in books, maybe she could eventually have an actual conversation for once in her life. But her social habits made her put her head down and stare into the fire, nervous about people. Novel decides to keep to herself.

Edited by strideralchemy

@@strideralchemy, @@EquestrianScholar,

After bidding SIlver farewell in conversation, he walked towards the front door and saw the two new arrivals being greeted by other ponies. He noticed one of them, a dark blue unicorn, staring into the fire, drifting away from one of the guests. "Haven't seen you here before," he greeted her. "Pleasure to meet you. My name's Thrillseeker."

@@strideralchemy

Ahaban looked about at the mare with his peripheral vision. This mare he could tell had a inward demeanor, she wanted to talk but was either to reluctant or simply too shy. He cleared his throat a bit.

"It was a rather lively party earlier. Please don't feel hesitant if there's anything you need." He says to her as if in reassurance

Her head perks up, and struggles to seem normal. "H-hi I'm Lunar Novel. But most call me Novel. I practically live at the library." She offers a smile and shrugs "I don't leave often so many don't see me. It's a pleasure to meet you." Novel glances at the fire and takes another sip, looking around before perking her ears at the sound of Ahaban. She smiles softly "Thank you. It's just" she pauses before sighing "I just don't leave the library much so social interactions are a bit awkward for me"

@,

Mythos had to admit to finding an native speaking arabian at the party, and with a nod he chuckles before walking up to the stallion before offering the words, "Greetings, thank you for the welcome. It is a wonderful surprise to have found one from the great deserts of Saddle Arabia."

@@strideralchemy,

Mythos would notice as a mare near the fire would lift up her head to look at him, bringing the unicorn to grin and offer a wink, before finding that she moves her head back down. Considering the mare, he though perhaps she was a bit of a shy mare but thought perhaps she was perhaps a more bookish sort.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

@@strideralchemy,

Thrillseeker listened intently at what Novel had to say. Hearing about her being a hermit reminded him of Twilight Sparkle before she became a princess. He had heard of quiet ponies being the ones who are richest in spirit and full of knowledge. "See, I'm kind of the opposite," he said out loud. "I'm from Manehattan and I work in Poney Island where I meet Equestrians from all over. It's a little confining but I do get kind of lonely this time of year when the parks are closed."

@@strideralchemy

Ahaban holds to his slight smile,

"It's quite understandable. I don't speak much either in my line work. Unless it's to shout out orders or what not." He replies.

He felt relieved slightly having her at least speak, to not feel outcasted or such.

Not that Ahaban was anti-social but he was more reserved just by habit.

Novel's ears perked up in interest "Poney Island! How enticing! I've never been there but it seems like a lot of fun." She grins and nods "I can imagine it gets lonely during the off season. But at least I've got endless amounts of books to keep me occupied year round."

Her attention turns to Ahaban "I rarely speak unless someone needs my assistance."

@@strideralchemy,

Thrillseeker beamed when Novel announced her excitement over Poney Island. None of the other guests shared the enthusiasm she had, maybe because the other ponies had either been there already or could care less.  "Oh, it sure us," he replied. "At Poney Island, we've got rides, games, side shows and a boardwalk. I operate the Whirlwind roller coaster. Maybe I'll see you there when we open for business on Winter Wrap-Up."

(edited)

As the room got rowdier, Plum stood up from her spot near the fire. She looked about, making sure everypony was having a good time. Her eyes stopped at Amber, who was still sketching by the window. She trotted over.

"Hi," Plum said, so not to surprise her firend.

"Hey Plum. Pretty successful party, eh?" Amber looked up from her drawing and smiled, swishing her azure tail to make room for Plum to sit.

"Yeah, I'd say so," Plum answered, but she stayed standing. "There are some interesting looking ponies...I don't know who to talk to!"

"Just walk up to somepony. I'm sure they'd all like to meet their host," Amber suggested. Plum shifted slightly.

"I guess so," she said. She turned to look at the room full of ponies, trying to scope out somepony to talk to.

Edited by AmberDust

Novel can't help but smile softly " I love the idea of coasters, but I've never been on one myself. Like I had said I don't get out very much. I've read a lot of books on them though and plan on riding them eventually"

Her ears perk towards the sounds of new voices, turning her head slightly to see where the voice was coming from

@@strideralchemy@@@Yoshi89

Mythos would consider who to talk to, as it would seem the arabian that had greeting would soon after go to speak with the mare by the fire. There would now seem to be two stallions speaking with the dark blue mare. He would catch the mare saying her name was Lunar Novel, keeping note of such and considering whether or not she was a writer. The grey unicorn would walk closer to the group, before offering to the mare, "It sounds like you have interest in the travels of others, Miss Novel. Perhaps given your name and your words suggest to knowing stories very well?"

Edited by EquestrianScholar