open ~ENDING!~ Hearth's Warming Eve party-- SOL

AmberDust

Dex looked about the room. It was quite the buffet of treats, but the cider grabbed his attention most of all. Filling a tankard of the warm goodness, he breathed deep of the aromas. It smelled like home. Grabbing a warm cookie or two, Dex sat down and sipped the cider as one would appreciate a fine wine. After a cold flight, it was a little slice of heaven.

• Brohoof 1

Still keeping her eyes on the dining hall, Amber was happy to see Ahaban's smile.

"Plum's food can get through to anypony," she said, turning back to Space. She took a sugared plum from the coffee table and began to eat. it seemed as though she hadn't had good food for some time. 

"But anyways,", she continued, "It's really great to have friends living nearby, so I'll probably stay in Ponyville. It feels like I haven't seen Plum or Stormjumper in years--oh, she grew up with us, too." Amber nodded to the window. "Unfortunately, she's on weather duty...she goes wherever storms are brewing, so she gets moved around a lot. You said you travel around, too? What is it you do?"

((OOC I pass the baton to Red and Dex. Oops looks like I was a bit late lol. But yeah, don't be afraid to jump in, even if other conversations are going on.))

Edited by AmberDust

Need help with your OC? I'd love to assist you! Just visit my help thread. It's always open, so don't be shy!

♦ My main OC  Vector Commissions ♦

Ask me anything!

img-29013-1-img-29013-1-maplegif.gif

@@DexterousWings

" مرحبا Hello there." Ahaban spoke toward the fellow pegasus in both languages.

It was best to be lively. He took another bite of the sliced pie.

Ahaban felt slightly at ease, not completely, slightly. Having now able to have a good sweet meal. His tail gave a slight sway.

Do stick around Darling, I could use the company~

"Well, this looks like the place," a tan pegasus with a dark brown mane and tail said as he trotted through the snow to reach the front door.

Ever since he could live on his own, Thrillseeker spent Hearth's Warming alone in his Manehattan apartment. The ending of Poney Island's carnival season had brought more and more sadness around this time of year because he had nothing to do in winter. He always looked forward to his Winter Wrap Up job of clearing the snow off Astro Park's roller coasters and testing them to make sure they worked.

Thrillseeker hadn't traveled much outside of Manehattan, having been to Ponyville maybe once or twice for festivals. He sighed heavily, knowing there was no turning back, and knocked on the front door.

˙ʎpoqʎuɐ ƃuᴉlooɟ ʇou ǝɹ,noʎ 'sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟI

"The weather team really outdid themselves this time."  

Dex sipped his cider and looked over the table.

"The host just as much. I haven't seen a spread like this in quite some time. I'd rather be home at Dodge for the holidays, but it is nice to get to settle my hooves for a spell and have such a nice meeting with good food and good company."

@Yoshi89

"I'll get it," Dex got up and invited the pegasus in.

Edited by DexterousWings

@@DexterousWings,

"Hello, there!" Thrillseeker exclaimed as Dex invited him in.

He looked around at all the ponies conversing. He had been missing out on something like this for the longest time. His parents would still send him gifts but they were never around because they were too busy providing other parts of Manehattan with snow. He looked all around for the host so he could express his gratitude.

"This place seems so friendly," he complimented.  "I've been trying to bolster my spirits this Hearth's Warming."

Ahaban nodded as the pegasus departed for the door. He tilted his head popping the joints to ease his tension. He returns to finishing his pie, satisfied with it.

At the food table he returns to fill up his glass again with cider. Once finished with the food he returns into the living room sitting near the fire.

Plum trotted through the entryway with her tray of cider. Seeing Dex and this new guest, she offered them each a glass wordlessly.

((OOC--the tray IS in her mouth after all))

She ushered them into the dining room where she put the tray down and introduced herself.

"I'm Plum Pudding--erm...the host." She motioned to the living room. "If you'd like, you can fill up a plate here and join the others in front of the fire."

She quickly ate a homemade sugar plum and then brought the tray of cider back into the parlour.

((ooc--currently everyone except dex and thrill are in the parlor, i think.))

Need help with your OC? I'd love to assist you! Just visit my help thread. It's always open, so don't be shy!

Ask me anything!

@@AmberDust

Ahaban stared about into the fire as if focused upon it, thinking deeply without realizing he beginnings tapping his hoof as if to a beat.

"Le mesla zinlaha lamanale la zalahie..." He repeats in quiet whisper like a chant.

(Using English transcribed phonetic. To be at least comprehensive)

He stops noticing Plum nearby he blushes a bit.

"Umm.. Oh sorry." He stands offering his glass.

"More please." He requests

@AmberDust

Dex followed her back into the parlor and fluffed his wings to shake off the tinge of cool that he had received at the door.

Relaxing and sitting by the fire, Dex's eyes drooped just a little and he shook himself awake. He told himself not to get too relaxed, but he was quite enjoying himself.

The rp will now be paused...the GM has to go to work.

You can continue your conversations with other RPers if you want, but neither Plum or Amber will be able to reply.

If I've already accepted your OC, I request you hold off introducing them until I'm back online.

sorry.

Edited by AmberDust

Ask me anything!

@@AmberDust,

Nodding to the Saddle Arabia stallion with a  mouthful of cookies, Spacer returned to her feast of the ginger snaps.

By the time Amber turned back to Spacer she already ate the rest of the ginger snaps. Wiping off her muzzle before she spoke. "Yes I travel Djing at party's, get togethers so on and so on." She said motioning her hoof in a circle over and over before seeing the room was now filled with more guests. 'mmmm those snaps were delicious!' she thought taking a self tour of the place.

She stopped in front a window seeing the snow trickle down to the ground and shivered.

Ahaban noted the fire was losing its intensity. From the small logs near the pokers and ash shovel he takes a cylinder log placing it into the fire, brushing aside the ash aside careful with the shovel.

Finished with his cider he returns it into the dinning room placing it onto the table before returning taking back to his seat.

@,

Spacer felt the heat the the extra log thrown on the fire and turned around to see the Arabian stallion leave and return. She slowly walked up to him. "umm hey there, just wanted to say thanks for putting that extra wood on the fire" She said with a part smile sitting down by the fire. "So your from Saddle Arabia? Must be pretty neat down there. Prolly a lot warmer than here. Thats one of the places I have never been. Music must have its uniqueness there." She said to the stallion. She was unsure how he would act. He looked like he been through a war or something.

@

Ahaban turned to Spacer remaining at his spot, he hesitated not wanting to express his sadness at the mention of his home.

"Its... Yes. Its quite warm. And beautiful. I wish go home sometime again." He said, lying about the last part slightly. He loved his country, but did not wish to see it in its current shape

"But things are complicated back home." He finishes.

@,

Spacer could tell there was some sadness in his voice as he spook so she felt it was best not to bring up his home. Whatever happened there must have upset him. She attempted to change the subject. "I understand, how is the cider? The best you had? I basically ate enough ginger snaps for a small family." She joked and looked at the fire. Its reflection in her blue eyes. 

• Brohoof 1

@

Ahaban nodded also looking toward the fire.

"It's a favorite of mine. Though, I do prefer a good Honey Cider drink. It has a strong honey after taste." He says. He felt satisfied, having talked up a conversation, not so bad once things are settling.

"I've never celebrated Hearth Warming before." He says

• Brohoof 1

@

"you havent?? Its quite fun when you get the tradition down. I haven't celebrated it in awhile due to a bad break up with a stallion around that time" She said shrugging "but I have been traveling too much to actually stop and celebrate. I think Plum and Amber have a great idea here for all ponies." Spacer stated stretching out her wings and legs.

@

"My work has kept me rather busy. " he adds as if agreeing with her statement about travel.

"It's Spring at home. Instead of... What is? Winter Wrap Up? it would be called حياة جديدة الموسم. Which means life of new season. " he states.

He too stretched his wings a bit. He adjusts his shemagh a bit, a blue emblem on his shoulder pad visible depicting crossing swords with a shield behind it, the letters ESC printed across.

Red was quite happily loading up his plate from the table, trying not to let his eyes get bigger than his stomach. Trouble was, when everything looked good, it was hard to pick and choose. Finally, with his selections, he took a seat and start munching happily, washing it down with sips of cider. He was a little too occupied, then, to carry on much of a conversation but he listened in as other ponies chatted.

• Brohoof 1

RedCedarForumSignature.png
Roleplaying OC: Red Cedar - Cast Character: Applejack

The smell of the cider alone was enough to warm Thrillseeker's heart as he took the mug. After a brief sip, he raised it to the host. "Thanks, Plum. Guess the spirit of Hearth's Warming is upon us all.

Thrillseeker then took a plate and licked his lips at all the delectable treats. He decided to start off small, enough food and he would have trouble flying. After taking his fill, he looked around at all the ponies socializing, unsure of how he should introduce himself to the other guests,

@@Red Cedar,

Seeing a red stallion reminded him of his own loneliness in winter so he put his plate down right next to his.

"Is this seat taken?" Thrillseeker asked Red.

• Brohoof 1

@@Yoshi89

Red looked up from his plate as he noticed another one being set down. Smiling, he shook his head. "Not taken at all. Be my guest and have a seat," he said, trying to finish his bite of baked deliciousness before saying any more. "Don't think I caught you coming in. My name's Red Cedar," he said, raising his hoof in greeting to Thrillseeker.

@@Red Cedar,

Thrillseeker took his place next to Red and started chowing down. In between bites of food, he engaged further in conversation. "I'm Thrillseeker, by the way, and I'm from Manehattan." he said, returning the hoofshake. "I came over because I noticed you were alone. Winter does this to me a lot. It's not really a time of year I look forward to. So, where are you from?"

@@Yoshi89

Red nodded to Thrillseeker. "I don't mind winter when it's like this." he says. "The snow makes it look nice and calm and peaceful. But, I'm from Vanhoover." he said with a smirk. "We hardly get snow. We get rain. Lots of it. Straight through until summer, almost." he says, taking another bite of a particularly interesting cookie. "What brings you out here?" he asks.

@@Red Cedar,

"I'm here because I've got Hearth's Warming blues." Thrillseeker admitted with a sigh. "Oh, Manehattan gets snow this time of year but pegasi like me always make sure it's possible. With me, I've tried everything I can to to rekindle my spirits." Thrillseeker paused to take a sip from his cider mug. "I operate a roller coaster at an amusement park in Poney Island. It's only open from Winter Wrap Up until Nightmare Night The rest of the year, my life is a bore."

• Brohoof 1