Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Play the game

Masterweaver

What you remember last is falling asleep. Now, as you wake up, you realize quite quickly something is wrong.

For one thing, you're not where you were. A circular hedge surrounds you. The sky seems off... you can't quite place your hoof on it. There is a tiled fresco with a picture of something on it, but you can't tell what because of all the other ponies just now waking up.

And suddenly there is a voice.

"Hello my little ponies. You are here to play a game. The rules to this game are simple enough. Rule one: You must ask about any other rules to find out what the rules are. Violation of the rules will receive appropriate retribution. Now let the game begin!"

The hedges slide open, somehow, revealing eight passageways that weren't there before...

"Unfortunately," booms the voice, "You have violated rule two and rule three." The pony asking the question is suddenly wearing a pair of glasses that cannot be removed.

Due to one violation of rule two, the narrator is forced to point out to the players that they are playing as characters, and must phrase their actions as characters.

"Rule 3: Asking for a list of all or some of the rules is not permitted." The voice chuckles to itself. "And no. I'm not Discord."

While there are eight paths, they are not numbered and are arranged in a circle.

Due to three violations of rule two, the narrator must request that the players properly format the actions of their characters.

There is no path five. There is no path one. There is a north path and a south path, an east path and a west path, and four other paths in four other compass points.

"Rule Four: You are not allowed--" The voice pauses. "I'm sorry, I can't tell you what rule four is. But I can tell someone else."

The narrator would like to clarify that rule four is that your character cannot be a canon character nor may they violate the canon as decreed by the narrator.

"Actually, rule four has already been clarified. Just not to you." The voice giggles.

The tiled frsco appears at fitst glance to be the traditional Celestia/Luna raising the Sun/Moon image. However, you notice that they both have fanged grins, and the sun and moon seem to be running away from them. This is quite vexing.

Due to a signifigant violation of rule two to an unprecedented degree, the pony played by HappyMaskPony is mute until further notice.

Meteor Blaze woke up from his slumber. He looked around, wondering where he could be. Seeing all the other ponies around him and hearing the booming voice of this so-called narrator. He quickly gets up, and figuring out that the rules of the game are not going to be given to him, calmly asks the voice, "Am I able to go down the north path or will I receive a punishment if I go down that path?"

The Happy Mask Pony finally realizes his mistake and begins to watch the interactions of the other ponies, still bitter about being muted by the omnipotent voice.

Edited by HappyMaskPony

The Happy Mask Pony can now speak. As a reward for his improvement, he gets a cookie. It happens to be alive and mews piteously at him. Unless the Happy Mask Pony is female, in which case this sentence is gender reversed.

"You are only allowed to ask questions about the rules," the voice comments. "I cannot confirm or deny any punishment for going down the north path."

Hearing the response given by the voice, Blaze thinks a little on how the response is worded before saying "If that is the case, then is there a rule about going down the north path?"