open The City of Ponyville RP

legionbrony

"I can't say for sure, but if I am right, my friend would know, it will be a pain to find him though. But that is not what matters now." His claws clacking as he leaps from the ground to fly up to a pile of boxes. "There has to be a reason we were sent here, to this place and time. Maybe if we know what each of us brings, we might know why." He says in a military fashion.

So, people have mistaken me for a nice guy. I'm not. Don't like it? Tough. Your loss.

mirrorwing http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/mirrorwing-r5649?do=edit

obsidian wing http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/obsidian-wing-r6014

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At that moment, a unicorn with a black coat, a rough-cut grey mane and an equally rough grey tail burst through the door, galloping at full speed and carrying something with his magic, which he stuffed into a saddlebag as he ran.  Tailing him was another pony...sort of.  She moved differently; rather than galloping, she leapt forward in an almost predatory way, like a cat.  One looking closely could see that she had several teeth that were quite a lot sharper than a pony's should be. 

All of this happening within the space of five seconds, the mare leapt at the unicorn, baring her teeth, but things quickly got even stranger as the mare seemed to shed her skin smoothly as she leapt, turning into a strange, black, leathery...thing, with red eyes and wings that looked like a bat's, as well.

The unicorn, as the mare/thing leapt, turned around with his horn glowing and shouted, the air between him and the leathery creature rippling as an unseen force smashed the thing away from him and against the warehouse wall.  The warehouse was not exactly made for that, and so part of the ceiling collapsed onto it as well.  Little movement was seen under the rubble.

He hadn't seemed to have realized there were any observers in the room until several seconds after he had won.  He panted, and then looked around and realized he had company and froze.

Edited by legionbrony

“What surprises me most?  Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.  Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health.  And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”

-The Dalai Lama

Nightlight fought back tears from experiencing shock. He relaxed his breathing, calming himself, and focused his eyes on the mysterious unicorn. "...Y-you wouldn't happen to be the gatekeeper... Would you? Or know anything about him?" Nightlight dared not move, standing alert, waiting for a response.

The pony remained as tense as Nightlight, his brown eyes examining him closely and suspiciously.  The eyes stop on the nervous unicorn's horn.

"Who are you?"  asked the black unicorn tersely.  "And what are you doing here?"  He looked around at the rest of the group, spotting two more unicorns.   "What are you all doing here?"  He backed up slowly, trying to find a position where he could see all of you.

Edited by legionbrony

“What surprises me most?  Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.  Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health.  And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”

-The Dalai Lama

@@legionbrony

"Okay I can I have a few seconds to wrap my brain around the fact that we're all suddenly over two hundred years in the future before life starts throwin' creepy evil bat ponies at me" Zephyr asked in exasperation. "Look, I can't speak for the rest of these guys but I just want ta get home, it's not like whatever is happenin' is gonna get fixed any faster with my help anyhow."

Edited by HunterTSN

22d5c314-72de-42b0-842a-46e4dcf5ea37.jpg

Your very own Victorian-styling, airship-flying, super-sizing, brass-lining, quick-drying, detoxifying, low-pricing, newbie-knifing, over-driving, sometimes-hiding, unsurprising, ninja-fighting, perfect-timing, always-smiling, never-lying, best at writing, also rhyming automaton!

Quietly chilling away from the group, Starchase hid away in the shadows, hoping not to be spotted. He tried to make himself as small as possible. Poetry was usually sommething he'd enjoy but this group seemed like a sort of doomsday cult, rambling on about Discord, saving Equestria...

Then out of the blue, a black unicorn of the even crazier type. It was all very hard for him to accept. But beneath it all he saw a chance for adventure, something he'd craved all his life. He reared up, preparing to charge and make a break for it if things went south.

banner.png.fd897d9b163416a13d1e08da59125bb7.png

Click here to boop that snoot, or here to request boops from Felix!

Sinu approaches the mystery unicorn, completely unphased, and replies; "We were sent here several minutes ago via a temporal rift, from a long time ago. We found a letter explaining how we were sent to save this future Equeatria, but it gave few details. Now, I have some things to ask you; first, what year is it? And second, what were you fighting for?"

I wrote this thing.

"Whatever that thing was, it seems unusual. The others have explained why we are here, I choose to keep my identity to myself however." Leaping from his perch, he lands in front of the new pony, claws glinting in the light. "What did you shove into your bag though that would make that thing attack you."

So, people have mistaken me for a nice guy. I'm not. Don't like it? Tough. Your loss.

mirrorwing http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/mirrorwing-r5649?do=edit

obsidian wing http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/obsidian-wing-r6014

The unicorn looked annoyed.

"Transported from the past? Unlikely." He thought a moment. "But then again, only an idiot would use that excuse for being right next to a Red Court hive."

He hesitated, then turned towards a door. "Come on, it's not safe here. I may or may not answer your questions once we're all nice and not dead." He galloped out of the building.

From the pile of rubble, a stirring could be heard.

Edited by legionbrony

-The Dalai Lama

"So, are you implying that I am an itiot, or that what I had said was believable, because I'm clearly not an idiot?" Sinu asks skeptically. As the unicorn gallops away, he follows shortly after, saying to the others; "We had best trust this guy, for our safety; It seems that he knows what is going on, and we have nowhere else to go." After making sure that he is heard, he leaves the building.

I wrote this thing.

Flying after the unicorn, he shakes his head. "Red Court? What is that? And this unicorn had better have some good answers, I don't like pro bono work, and I don't even know the client? What the hell is this?" Snapping his wings, he checks his gears balance in case a fight starts.

The stirring made Starchase uneasy. He came out of his hiding place and followed the strange unicorn in full gallop. Red Court?

Red for blood, happiness, courage,passion, love and... revolution? Court, simple, it's for justice and law. So Red Court could be a radical justice system. Or a extremist sort of thing.

Anyway, he gave chase, hoping to catch up.

Nightlight was put on edge by the motion coming from the fractured wall and roof that had destroyed whatever that thing was. He galloped after the unicorn quickly. He couldn't argue with the white unicorn's argument, anyway. There really was no place else to go, and they needed a guide in this world if they were to save it. He must not be the gatekeeper. He thinks we're crazy from having come from the past...

(edited)

The unicorn galloped out onto the gravel road that led away from the building, taking a fedora out of his saddlebag and placing it on his head, and pulled the door of a small, beat-up vehicle with his magic.  He looked back at the group, then at the car, then at the group.  He grumbled and said under his breath, "I'll have to come back for you later."

He searched his saddlebag for something, but apparently to no avail.  He seemed more grumpy now.  "If any of you have hats, we're going to need them."  He motioned to the unicorns in the group.  "Otherwise we're going to have to try to get to my apartment under the radar, which won't be easy, and I'm already taking a huge risk bringing all of you there to be honest." 

He took a moment to exhale, and then added, "I'm not stupid; if any of you makes any false moves, ESPECIALLY in my apartment, you're not just getting a slap on the hoof.  Don't touch my stuff, and while we're making rules, try not to murder me either."

He stood, waiting, and tapped his hoof, watching them.

Edited by legionbrony

-The Dalai Lama

Sinu pulls a thin, neatly folded sweatshirt out of one of his vest pockets; as he puts it on, he says; "This is all that I have that can cover my horn, which is what I suppose that you want me to do. I have a hat, but it's designed for unicorns, and has a hole on the top. Now, I'm going to assume that this 'future'--" He glances at Ponyville's metropolis; "--Is somehow anti-unicorn?"

I wrote this thing.

"Good thing I'm not a unicorn." Mutters Slash says looking at the fedora. "I don't warrior hats and well, you can't hide a freaking Griffin under a hat. So Yeah. Hope that isn't a problem. As for killing you? Don't give me a reason to. I don't particularly enjoy murder "

Starchase never really wore hats, his dog never agreed with them and they were usually reduced to chew toys. He took an old scrap of newspaper fluttering around aand folded it into a pirate hat, like the ones he'd wear when he was young. He was quite pleased with his hat, tucking his horn into the flimsy paper hat.

"Rrrr, let us be going me maties! Time is a wasting!"He did his best pirate impression. He had a feeling the unicorn was not amused.

Sinu looks around at the group quickly, and decides to say what he feels that is necessary; he looks to the dark pegasus and griffin, and says somewhat frustratedly; "I find it completely unnecessary that you both tell us that you're not unicorns, so wearing a hat is not even suggested." He then looks at the unicorn in the paper hat, who seems to not be taking enough weight to the situation. "Seriously? What am I dealing with?!" Realizing that he is once again overreacting, he turns around and walks to a spot that is a few decimeters behind the back of the group, without saying anything.

I wrote this thing.

"It was a nice hat," Starchase grumbled as he discarded his paper hat and grudgingly put on the ridiculously heavy cloak, green wasn't really his colour.

"I suppose not all can appreciate the beauty of good origami. Look, no hat, happy now?" He showed the angry one at the back, hoping he'd be appeased.

Sinu mutters to Starchase; "It isn't the hat; I can and do appriciate good origami, and your recorcefulness. I simply feel that the pirate impression was not taking this seriously enough." With that statement, he notices that he is being leered at, and stops saying anything. He instead thinks to himself; "What is it with the frequent mention of murder and assasination? The way that Steel is looking at me, I might have to be careful for my own life." He starts nervously shaking at the thought.

I wrote this thing.

(edited)

The grey unicorn rolls his eyes, not really impressed by the threats of Slash and Steel.  "I'm not exactly inexperienced with things trying to kill me one way or another.   You wouldn't be the first to make the threat or try to carry it out, not by a long shot.  It's just a nuisance I'd rather not have to deal with."

Glaring at the two, he lifted a black duster out of his car and closed the door, putting it on, as he continued.   "If you value your lives, I suggest you don't make poorly veiled, ill-conceived threats against your only hope of survival at the moment.  At least have the intelligence to wait until you're safe to do that.  All I have to do is leave, and you're dead.  Or worse, the Red Court captures you.  You clearly have no idea what you're up against, or you wouldn't have come within a mile of this place.  Normally I wouldn't leave anypony to that fate, but from the impression you've made in the last five minutes, you seem like you'd fit in pretty well with them."

He answers Sinu's question, after giving him a strange, slightly annoyed look.  "No, it's not anti-unicorn, and that's something every unicorn should know the answer to.  We don't exist, according to most of the rest of the world, and it's best kept that way."

His eyes move from member to member of the group irately,  and then to his car, clearly starting to reconsider bringing them anywhere, much less his apartment.

Edited by legionbrony

-The Dalai Lama