Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New pegasister reporting in!

Ink Drop

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony: Fluttershy

How did you find MLP Forums?: Friends told me about it months ago and I would peek on here every now and then to see how it worked. New year started and now I've joined.

How you became a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: Friends kept calling me Applejack after I called one of them sugarcube, and they forced me to sit down and watch the show. 10 minutes into realizing what it was, I was hooked.

Hi Everypony! 

I'm new to the fandom kind of. I've been a fan of the show for a little over 6 months now but haven't really kept up until recently and have been to to shy to interact with other ponies. But it's a new year and I figure best way to start it off (late) is to become more social in this community. I'm not used to this kind of thing for introductions, so I guess I just tell you the very basics?

Name's Megan but people often call me Kitten, so either work fine when talking to me. I'm 17 (almost 18) and am attempting to get into a college so English degree can be obtained. I'm shy and quiet when first meeting people and tend to be very awkward but give it a while for me to warm up to you and I become a talkative loud gal. I'm currently saving up for an actual good computer, so I can attempt to play those fun games; Instead of just watching family them for once and not really enjoying the full entertainment the games have to offer. 

Um I think that's it? Pretty sure, if not I'm sure y'all would ask or something....

So anyways It's nice to meet you all! :yay:

• Brohoof 4

Hi my friend :):) and welcome to this happy community of MLP Forums :):) I'm sure you will enjoy here with all the happy pony people here and i hope you can make many new friends :):)

Im quite shy pony too :):) but people here are so happy that im not so shy anymore:):)

If you have any questions feel free to ask :):)

• Brohoof 4

post-31081-0-91108300-1420428276_thumb.png

Hey there Kitten (is that okay? :blush:), welcome to the forums! :squee: I can be pretty shy myself, but it's very easy to feel comfortable on this site, I find  :kindness: Hopefully you'll find your stay enjoyable too, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask ;)

• Brohoof 3

Welcome...to...MLP forums!!! We're so happy you're here and sincerely hope you take part in on of our various activities we have here for your entertainment to show your love for ponies and friendship. :lol:  If you're shy, you'll gradually gain more confidence as you gain friends. ;)

So if any concerns you have, anything at ALL, don't be afraid to ask. :D  Welcome to the HERD!!

• Brohoof 3

Welcome to the forum! YAY!

img-3329361-1-fluffle_puff__special_some

I hope you make a bunch of friends while you're here! And that you stick around for a long time! :muffins:

Also, if you have any questions, concerns, or experience any issues, please feel free to let us know by creating a thread in the Site Questions & Tech Support forum, so we can get you answers, assurances, and/or solutions! :muffins:

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Thank you for the welcome everypony!  :)

@,

Welcome to the forums! How are you doing today? :D  

Hi, Today has been pretty good today thank you for asking! I hope your day has been good as well?

Edited by Quillburst
  • Brohoof 2

Thank you for the welcome everypony! :smile:

Hi, Today has been pretty good today thank you for asking! I hope your day has been good as well?

Just got home from training, so it's been alright.  :squee:

That's good to hear :yay: ...or is read a better word to say instead of hear :wat:

Dunno

I guess that's up to you.  :P

hey.png

Welcome to MLP forums! I'm Cinnamon, but feel free to call me Cinna. ^^

If you have any questions, or just want a pony to chat with, feel free to PM me! I hope to see you around!

Is your avatar either an OC of yours or your pony self? The picture shown above is me basically. xD Me as a pony. Same me, I don't like to refer to it as "My OC" cause I am that pony. xD But that's just me. That pony in your avatar doesn't have a bad design, it's good. xD (Whether it's you or not. xD) Well remember to have a good time here and I hope that you have lots of fun! See you around!

• Brohoof 2

I think it's hear just because it sounds odd otherwise.  :wau: but than again english itself is weird so that makes sense  :ooh:

English can be freaky weird sometimes. xD

Ever wondered why we don't pronouce the "s" in island? owowowow  :D

English can be freaky weird sometimes. xD

Ever wondered why we don't pronouce the "s" in island? owowowow  :D

I didn't before now, I accepted it. I've always said if its spelled a certain way, don't question. It'll make your brain hurt otherwise. I'm realizing though, that English itself is impossible and it's outstanding that people actually learn to speak it.  :blink:

• Brohoof 1

I didn't before now, I accepted it. I've always said if its spelled a certain way, don't question. It'll make your brain hurt otherwise. I'm realizing though, that English itself is impossible and it's outstanding that people actually learn to speak it.  :blink:

I grew up learning english by playing lots and lots of video games, cuz the school didn't teach me things that I didn't already know.  ;)

Try Chinese tho.. now that's a pain, lol.

Ever wondered why we don't pronouce the "s" in island?

It's because the "s" was never supposed to be there. It was originally usually spelt "iland".

Then the French came along and gave us this other word "isle", which has more or less the same meaning, but is etymologically unrelated.

And then some 16th century <sarcasm>genius</sarcasm> decided that the two words were related, so inserted the "s" into "island" to harmonise their spellings.

So it's not that we stopped pronouncing the "s", but rather that we started spelling it with an unnecessary "s".

• Brohoof 2

It's because the "s" was never supposed to be there. It was originally usually spelt "iland".

Then the French came along and gave us this other word "isle", which has more or less the same meaning, but is etymologically unrelated.

And then some 16th century <sarcasm>genius</sarcasm> decided that the two words were related, so inserted the "s" into "island" to harmonise their spellings.

So it's not that we stopped pronouncing the "s", but rather that we started spelling it with an unnecessary "s".

Well, well then..

You learn something new everyday!  :D

Funny enough, we, french people, got rid of this "s" ("isle" became "île") while you still use it :P

• Brohoof 1

I grew up learning english by playing lots and lots of video games, cuz the school didn't teach me things that I didn't already know.  ;)

Try Chinese tho.. now that's a pain, lol.

I attempted learning mandarin in middle school. It wan't actually extremely difficult until you actually have to start writing words down. 

First off that's actually kind of cool to know. Second, Why in the heck would someone think that's a good idea. I get the feeling someone wasn't thinking of the consequences of their actions

• Brohoof 1

I attempted learning mandarin in middle school. It wan't actually extremely difficult until you actually have to start writing words down. 

They currently teach us chinese, or try to. lol

I'd rather have chinese than french, tho.  :(

(soz to any french ppls) *cough* @@ConcorDisparate, *cough*