Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

On the 11th anniversary of Jay Briscoe's first world title win, in the city where Jay debuted on the first ROH show back in 2002, the little brother who was too young to wrestle on that show, has finally become ROH world champion. 

Congratulations Mark. You've manned up. 

image.thumb.png.cd2432afc6eede258b95effaa93d3e92.png

Even the heels in Undisputed Kingdom have to break kayfabe for Mark's magnificent moment. 

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Even the heels in Undisputed Kingdom have to break kayfabe for Mark's magnificent moment. 

Wrestling is about family, support and making memories that's what is going on here. Congratulations, Mark Briscoe. 

• Brohoof 2

So I just saw the AEW segment regarding the footage for the brawl at their All In event.

I rewatched it a few times and it looks like Punk instigated physical contact first. However an interesting tidbit I just noticed was that Tony Khan was on the right side of the screen (behind the monitors).

As the scuffle occurred, it looked like they hit the monitors/almost knocked over the monitors, but Tony (as he was sitting down) quickly tried to hold the monitors in place then stuck his hand out during the scuffle.

Once Punk and Perry were separated, it looked like Punk angrily went around the table and lunged at Tony, but was pulled away.

What Tony Khan said has some more validity now and I can understand why he felt unsafe and why he had aired the footage in response to Punk's recent interview. 

Maybe I am missing something, but I cannot believe people were cheering for Punk live at the event. I get that he was upset with Perry, but it's clear that Punk acted unprofessionally for starting the fight and then angrily lunging at his boss.

It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you all of the passing of Chadwick Haheo Rowa, better known by his Sumo title of Akebono Taro, at just 54 years of age. One of the very few Americans to take up the grueling Japanese sport of Sumo, Akebono become one of only 73 athletes to become a Sumo grand champion since its beginnings in the 17th century, and the first ever non-Japanese to win that honor. A true Yokozuna. 

Speaking of Yokozuna, you may remember Akebono's "debut" in front of an American audience. This was against Big Show in that 'Sumo' match at WM21. While that moment didn't exactly land with audiences, it did inspire Akebono to go Pro. He made his debut in one of the more creative ways possible: being born from a giant egg as the son of adult star Ying-Ling and The Great Muta at a HUSTLE show (Still a better debut than Kizarny). But from there, things would only go up, as he became a staple of Keiji Mutoh's AJPW, winning the illustrious Champion Carnival league, becoming the first winner of the Royal Road tournament and claiming the prestigious Triple Crown championship. 

Akebono would also face NFL star turned WCW powerplant trainee turned actor turned singer turned MMA fighter, Bob Sapp. In what could be described as the freak show fight to end all freak show fights, Taro vs. Sapp drew an estimated 54 million viewers on Japanese TV. That's a bigger rating than the finale of Friends. 

Many may not have known him, but no one can deny his accomplishments. 

Rest in Power, Akebono. May your legacy live on. 

AJPW: Resultados “Champion Carnival 2015” - 25/04/2015 - Gran Final ...

• Sad 1

(edited)
43 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Who would've thunk it?

Nic's here to show the world...C'MON! :laugh:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Party! 1

And for only the second time in history, the top prize of NJPW has changed hands outside of Japan.

image.thumb.png.5004132ea15a335b3a6d8a84d1751083.png

Congrats to Jon Moxley for becoming the first wrestler to be a WWE champion, an AEW world champion and now the IWGP world champion. 

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

And for only the second time in history, the top prize of NJPW has changed hands outside of Japan.

image.thumb.png.5004132ea15a335b3a6d8a84d1751083.png

Congrats to Jon Moxley for becoming the first wrestler to be a WWE champion, an AEW world champion and now the IWGP world champion. 

He didn't blade, Mox's skin is just celebrating. :mellow:

• Party! 2

Guerrilla tactics are now being waged on Smackdown. 

This means three out of Bullet Club's four original founders are now in WWE. 

• Brohoof 1

47 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Hey.

New WWE tag titles just dropped. 

Modern and nostalgic! I like those a lot more than Raw’s Tag Team Championships. 

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

:nom:I was at my house eating apple oat crisp cookie.

Phone ring

:secret:"Jinder has been Hindered." 

:maud: "No." 

Comment Image

It sounds like Xia Li, Veer Mahan, Xyon Quinn and Sanga are gone from WWE, too. 

49 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Shows how high they were on the totem poll that I don't even know who half of them are. 

• Brohoof 1

42 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Shows how high they were on the totem poll that I don't even know who half of them are. 

I only know who Veer Mahan is from the WWE games. 

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I only know who Veer Mahan is from the WWE games. 

You're one of the few people who know him from something other than his exaggerated promos. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2024-04-20 at 4:07 AM, Denim&Venöm said:

Hey.

New WWE tag titles just dropped. 

r/belttalk - The NEW WWE Tag Team Championships

Much better than the jam and bleach belts

11 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

They weren't really doing much and honestly letting them go is better than keeping them shackled when they've got nothing for them

• Brohoof 1