Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

On 2024-02-09 at 9:31 AM, Denim&Venöm said:

So with all the craziness going on right now, here's a bit of good news that happened yesterday.

Reveal hidden contents

Sting And Darby Allin Win AEW World Tag Team Titles On 2/7 AEW Dynamite

That was an awesome moment for Sting in AEW.

Also, Hunter Valley Wrestling was a load of fun, the other night.

• Brohoof 3

On 2024-03-14 at 10:32 AM, Denim&Venöm said:

Last nights Dynamite be like:

Does that mean Okada is taller than most of WWE's roster, too? :o/:P

Post image

Alright folks, tomorrow is the final of the New Japan Cup 2024! Winner faces Tetsuya Naito for the IWGP WHC! And just like last year, injury has changed the course of history. 

On the right is Yota Tsuji. Not even a year in the company and he's taken NJPW by storm. Goldberging his way into the title picture against last years cup winner and new champ, Sanada. The kaiju with the fabulous hair and million dollar smile has speared his way through a slugfest against Olympian Jeff Cobb, the high flying El Phantasmo, dirty tactics from his fellow 'musketeer' 'Souled Out' Ren Narita before overcoming Ren's tag partner EVIL and his shenanigans to claim his spot in the final. 

On the left is Hirooki Goto, the former three time cup winner. Being a previous cup winner got him a bye to the next round, where be bested tag champ, Chase Owens. Goto was set to face the Bullet Club leader, David Finlay. But unfortunately Finlay had to forfeit due to being hospitalized. We still don't know for what. So Goto got a 2nd bye and advanced to face last years winner in the semis, Sanada. And in what could be considered an upset, Goto overcame a more vicious Sanada than usual to make his 7th cup final. 

Tsuji is looking to lead the next generation in the Okada shaped void in New Japan, staring down his own faction leader in Tetsuya Naito. Goto is looking to make the most of this last chance, not just to finally finish his 15 year long story, but also in memory of his late father. 

For once, all bets are off in this years New Japan Cup. All we know is that Tetsuya Naito is waiting in the wings at Sumo Hall. And after that, in Chicago, New Japan's first major U.S. show in five years, so will Jon Moxley. 

• Brohoof 2

And your winner of New Japan Cup 2024 is:

Spoiler

r/njpw - Well... thoughts

Congrats to Yota Tsuji on winning the New Japan Cup on his first try. He will now face his own faction leader, Tetsuya Naito for the WHC at Sakura Genesis on the 7th. His second world title shot within his first rookie year. 

Life as a Hirooki Goto fan is one of pain. Maybe we'll finish that story. In another 15 years. 

• Brohoof 2

So the same person I know that bet against Cody winning at mania last year for $1,000 is now betting $5,000 that the story continues. They told me that the story can get even bigger and that Roman's historic title reign can break more records. I really don't know how it could possibly get bigger than it already is nor do I want to know. 

I say that the story finishes next week weekend. Cody's story line is definitely one of the best ones that we have seen in years and the build up has been insane the past few months, but I want to see what happens post mania. The roster felt like it has been in limbo for a while and after mania, we will see a lot of pieces moving across the board and a lot of exciting new match ups that were teased back around the rumble.

• Shocked 1

And some sad news out of NJPW.

Bullet Club member Alex Coughlin has announced his retirement at just 30 years old due to neck issues. One of the most promising of the dojo graduates. Dude was a beast. Like a more unhinged Goldberg. He was one of the guys bringing legitimacy to the latest version of the Bullet Club, The War Dogs, forming a fierce tag team with 'Mad Man' Gabe Kidd. And what makes all this even more tragic, was all the sacrifices he made. All the moments he gave up with his family, all the pain and loss he had to endure, and this is how it all ends. Well, at least his final NJPW match was a memorable one. Taking part in the greatest war games match in history. 

I hope NJPW are able to offer him another job for his post wrestling life.

(Skip to the 88 minute mark to get the gist of what made Alex a truly terrifying heel: the kind who is justified)

• Brohoof 3

Earlier today Ariel Helwani had CM Punk on the MMA Hour for an interview.

Punk gave a lot of interesting details on his road back to WWE and provided more details on what “actually happened with Jack Perry and Tony Khan” prior to his departure at AEW. 

Interview starts around an hour and five minutes. 

I just learned that Godzilla vs. Kong was inspired by a hypothetical match up between The Undertaker and John McClain from Die Hard. 

• Brohoof 1

Supercard of Honor is Tomorrow. Every PPV since the start of the TK era has delivered. This looks no different. 

r/AEWOfficial - Full card for Supercard of Honor 2024 - April 5, 2024

• Brohoof 1

The line up for next month's 31st edition of Best of the Super Juniors has been announced! And as per usual, we have some very special guests this year. 

• Brohoof 1

31 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

So this happened at NXT.

One slip and the wrestler on the top of the pyramid has a broken neck. :blink:

• Leaves 1

40 minutes ago, Starlight Serenade said:

Man that main event was awesome! I love professional wrestling!

Match of WrestleMania 40 for me was Seth Rollins vs. Drew McIntyre.

I also liked the US Championship match a lot.

1 hour ago, Starlight Serenade said:

Congratulations!!! :D

@Denim&Venöm Congratulations, Bestie! :kirin:

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

6 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Match of WrestleMania 40 for me was Seth Rollins vs. Drew McIntyre.

That definitely was one of best matches of both nights - though I knew CM Punk was going to do something as he wasn't wearing that sling/cast the night before XD

Oh yes, the US Championship match was pretty fun!

• Brohoof 2

Gonna be real, that was the best Mania in years

The Paul Levesque era is here and I'm so ready

11 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Your Midwest Gaming Classic heavyweight champion of the world.

20240407_130807.jpg

Congrats!!

• Brohoof 2
  • Party! 1

(edited)

Well, this WrestleMania was one amazing show and I’m so glad that I watched it, from seeing my favourite wrestler who is The Rock, the appearances of Undertaker, John Cena and others in the show made it incredible and seeing Cody Rhodes finish his story and ending the reign of Roman Reigns was a sight to see and I wanna say thank you to all involved especially Roman Reigns for still wrestling even with everything happening to you in your life.

On 2024-04-08 at 11:06 AM, Denim&Venöm said:

Your Midwest Gaming Classic heavyweight champion of the world.

20240407_130807.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS D&V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kirin:

Edited by TheRockARooster
  • Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1