Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

6 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

That's too bad. What about Matt Cardona? I keep hearing that he's returning to WWE but nothing's happening there. 

I think that's just him generating buzz as an IRL hybrid of influence and internet troll. Whatever plans WWE had to bring him back died with the merger. He's working out just fine carving his own niche trying to big time the indy scene and whatever GCW and NWA are these days. 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

I think that's just him generating buzz as an IRL hybrid of influence and internet troll. Whatever plans WWE had to bring him back died with the merger. He's working out just fine carving his own niche trying to big time the indy scene and whatever GCW and NWA are these days. 

*Mmmhmm* I just figured since they brought Matt Cardona's wife on TV that he would be following soon after. 

Moments ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

*Mmmhmm* I just figured since they brought Matt Cardona's wife on TV that he would be following soon after. 

So? Selena Vega, Rhea Ripley and Charlotte Flair are in WWE. They didn't bother to keep their husbands. 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

So? Selena Vega, Rhea Ripley and Charlotte Flair are in WWE. They didn't bother to keep their husbands. 

I don't think Buddy Matthews and Rhea Ripley are married yet but I understand what you're saying. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

All I know about Jade Cargill is something about Shaquille O'Neal being involved in her debut, I think.

She was basically AEW's female Goldberg. The Inaugural TBS champion. Kinda like a cross between Charlotte Flair and early Sasha Banks.  Super tall, super jacked and super sassy. Ultra focused on her brand and her money. Went 60-0 until dropping the title to a returning Chris Statlander, whom she also lost to in what wound up being her farewell match. 

In short, she's a big deal. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-09-24 at 3:53 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

Doubt it. Sounds like he's been digging himself a hole since All In. 

Speaking of which, it sounds like Stephen Amell's wrestling-related show "Heels" was cancelled after three seasons. 

5 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Hide contents

How were they allowed to use "Rated R Superstar"? :wau:

They can use it as a one off. They just can't sell or advertise it. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Denim&Venöm said:

They can use it as a one off. They just can't sell or advertise it. 

Oh. Thanks for explaining. Also

Spoiler

I honestly thought Adam Copeland would be a WWE lifer but ending your career with your best friend where it started is a cool way to finish his story. 

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Oh. Thanks for explaining. Also

Hide contents

I honestly thought Adam Copeland would be a WWE lifer but ending your career with your best friend where it started is a cool way to finish his story. 

Okay I had it backwards. AEW can use that moniker cause WWE didn't renew the copyright. 

And yeah, it is nice to try new things with old friends before you call it a day. 

And on an unrelated note, look who finally made it onto MTV. 

• Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Okay I had it backwards. AEW can use that moniker cause WWE didn't renew the copyright. 

That's weird. You'd think WWE would be REALLY :blink: about keeping their stuff renewed. 

Moments ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

That's weird. You'd think WWE would be REALLY :blink: about keeping their stuff renewed. 

Okay I got it messed up again. Turns out they never copyrighted it. They couldn't. They applied twice and got turned down. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Okay I got it messed up again. Turns out they never copyrighted it. They couldn't. They applied twice and got turned down. 

But they were still allowed to put the name on shirts and stuff?

It's very un-WWE to not think of something else that they could claim as their creation. E214vqEyY06evEEm.jpg

13 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

But they were still allowed to put the name on shirts and stuff?

It's very un-WWE to not think of something else that they could claim as their creation. E214vqEyY06evEEm.jpg

World Wildlife Fund would like to have a word with you. 

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, Denim&Venöm said:

World Wildlife Fund would like to have a word with you. 

Oh, yeah. My silly brain has spent the last 20+ years calling them "WWE" that I'm used to it. :please: 

• Brohoof 1

I hope Sting will sign a legends contract with WWE when he’s finished with AEW and I hope that’s soon, I’ve completely change my view on things lately with WWE and AEW, I’ve turned completely against AEW and there’s nothing there that I wanna see anymore.

• Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 1

22 hours ago, TheRockARooster said:

I hope Sting will sign a legends contract with WWE when he’s finished with AEW and I hope that’s soon, I’ve completely change my view on things lately with WWE and AEW, I’ve turned completely against AEW and there’s nothing there that I wanna see anymore.

This. I've been seeing a lot of this opinion a lot more lately. I was interested in AEW when it first came out, but then when I saw that it wasn't too much good, I just stopped watching completely. The only thing that made me interested was the backstage drama and some of the MJF segments in particular. That was much more entertaining than the actual shows. I listen to various podcasts, one of them being Jim Cornette's, he will highlight AEW/WWE events on his show, he does give credit/mention some good things about the shows, but he generally thinks they are on the decline from what I hear from him and what I recall seeing myself. I barely care for AEW at all now.

The Jade Cargill news makes sense as she seems to be setting up for bigger and brighter things down the line. I sense a Lex Luger/Goldberg type of run/vibe from her down the line.

As for the recent Edge news I heard- I'm happy for the guy to get some good retirement money from Tony Khan. I heard conflicting reports that he may do a final retirement program with Cristian or may do more. If so, we may see a Edge & Cristian vs Hardy Boyz vs Dudleys vs Young Bucks or whatever other team in AEW down the line since all those pieces seem to be setting up from what I remember(I could be remembering who is over at AEW wrong).

On another note- someone tried to make a bet with me that CM Punk will show up at Survivor Series in November and I have a weird feeling that he just might show up. Or maybe the rumble, but that depends on other factors. I'm mixed about him in general, but I think it will eventually happen.