open Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) (RP)

P-Jay

@,

Blizzard understood what she meant. He knew that he himself had done things to help others, and that all this praise he was giving her was somewhat too much, "Well, you do kinda deserve it. But yeah, you're right, Rarity. We are kinda the same, but both of us have what makes us special. We just like being nice ponies."

For a moment he was at a loss for words, and didn't know what else to say to Rarity for a few moments, "Hm. Isn't this place supposed to have music? Where's the music Vinyl and Tavey?!"

Since he felt like taking risks, he asked for a glass of Everclear, however, it was given to him in a smaller glass than before. He downed it instantly, and had it refilled, "Hmm....oh yeah. I wanna start modelling the clothes for you tomorrow, but if you have time, maybe we could have a sparring session? You know? To test our battle skills against each other and improve them?"

---------------------

Kazas, almost by instinct, reached for Vera's hoof, almost having a knowing grin upon his face. He spoke... Seemingly not surprised by the events that had taken place. " Amazing... Is it not Vera? As you are my beloved, the others will warm to you as well, and you will have more companions who genuinely care about you. Of course.... That is, depending on how much time we spend with them, versus how much time we spend alone. They might get jealous..." He said, with a slight chuckle.

Vera was starting to worry. She had not completed her jobs, and was starting to get somewhat paranoid, but managed to keep it on a down low, "Hm? Oh, yeah. Right...haha." she laughed nervously.

Falling at a fast past, the Ursa was seemingly speaking to Tyra as he was attempting to crush her.

" Krigare Tyra! Are you so helpless as to let yourself be crushed in such a dishonorable manner?!?" 

Tyra, using all her might, managed to leap onto the Ursa's back during his descent.

"Nay!" She called back, then smirked as she made her way toward the rear, "It seems you are the helpless one here!"

She lowered herself down and used her axe to embed herself into the rock armour, bracing for the impact.

@

zenru's eyes softened, and he spoke in a surprisingly gentle tone when he said "no, im not." he even unsheathed his swords, and threw them to the side. "i would like to help, really."

caliber frowned, and seemingly froze for about twenty seconds. "wheres the--" he broke off. "wheres the other bottle?" he managed. 

he lost a bet, and he'll see the consequences to the end. "i need...i need to complete the bet."

@

Wilhelm pretended to think. "You know, I'm not sure if this is a good idea... Yeah, nope. I'm going to have the time of my life! Or something of the sort." Smiling widely, he stepped into the concert hall, past the doorpony- who was given their tickets- and a steady flow of other incomers. When he got in, he stopped for a brief moment just to take in all the things around him. He spared a glance towards Celestia's table- wondering for a moment why she looked very slightly less regal than usual, as if perhaps annoyed by something-, and raised a hoof in greeting.

He weaved between the tables, eventually arriving at a nice table a few rows from the stage, and close to Ice's table. Wilhelm pulled out a chair for Annette and then his own, sitting down and picking up a menu. Some of the prices on the list made his eyebrows raise in surprise, but Wilhelm figured he could afford this dinner, thanks to the ridiculous amount of money fighters get for every battle. Raising his eyes above the menu, he said "So, what do you think?"

Tyra, using all her might, managed to leap onto the Ursa's back during his descent.

"Nay!" She called back, then smirked as she made her way toward the rear, "It seems you are the helpless one here!"

She lowered herself down and used her axe to embed herself into the rock armour, bracing for the impact.

The Ursa, after falling for a few seconds more, crashed into the earth violently, making an excessively large impact crater that was at least 300 feet in radius, and sending a maelstrom of debris skyrocketing into the air, almost akin to a volcano's eruption.

Stunned from the plummet, the great Ursa's rock armor was nigh cracked heavily on the underside, once more revealing part of its true, metaphysical make-up. Face down against the ground, the Ursa slowly rose again, this time, with Tyra on his backside! As if he were a bull that was extremely frustrated at its rider, the great Ursa began to buck, to-and-fro, violently trying to shake Tyra off.

@,

Blizzard understood what she meant. He knew that he himself had done things to help others, and that all this praise he was giving her was somewhat too much, "Well, you do kinda deserve it. But yeah, you're right, Rarity. We are kinda the same, but both of us have what makes us special. We just like being nice ponies."

For a moment he was at a loss for words, and didn't know what else to say to Rarity for a few moments, "Hm. Isn't this place supposed to have music? Where's the music Vinyl and Tavey?!"

Since he felt like taking risks, he asked for a glass of Everclear, however, it was given to him in a smaller glass than before. He downed it instantly, and had it refilled, "Hmm....oh yeah. I wanna start modelling the clothes for you tomorrow, but if you have time, maybe we could have a sparring session? You know? To test our battle skills against each other and improve them?"

---------------------

Vera was starting to worry. She had not completed her jobs, and was starting to get somewhat paranoid, but managed to keep it on a down low, "Hm? Oh, yeah. Right...haha." she laughed nervously.

Kazas knew that Tyra was more of the quiet type, and wasn't really expecting a full answer from Vera. However, there was a very faint nervous laughter in her previous statement... Was something wrong?

" Vera... Is everything okay?"

Kazas knew that Tyra was more of the quiet type, and wasn't really expecting a full answer from Vera. However, there was a very faint nervous laughter in her previous statement... Was something wrong? " Vera... Is everything okay?"

Vera was stuck in fearful thoughts for a moment before turning to Kazas, "Huh? Yeah...yeah...I'm fine. Haha...watching all these fights and stuff can make you a bit nervous. But don't worry about me, I'm perfectly fine." She said with a confident tone. She knew what was coming, but didn't want Kazas to worry.

The Ursa, after falling for a few seconds more, crashed into the earth violently, making an excessively large impact crater that was at least 300 feet in radius, and sending a maelstrom of debris skyrocketing into the air, almost akin to a volcano's eruption.

Stunned from the plummet, the great Ursa's rock armor was nigh cracked heavily on the underside, once more revealing part of its true, metaphysical make-up. Face down against the ground, the Ursa slowly rose again, this time, with Tyra on his backside! As if he were a bull that was extremely frustrated at its rider, the great Ursa began to buck, to-and-fro, violently trying to shake Tyra off.

Tyra braced herself during the impact, the cracking of earth and rock filling her ears. Sand and debris brushed past her face, forcing her to close her eyes.

She could tell for sure, though, that the rock armour was weakened, and she could go for an attack soon.

But for now, she kept her axe embedded in the rock, to keep herself from flying off from the bucks swinging her around.

Sleight Mist took a deep, drawn in sigh, like she was dealing with an unruly child instead of an expert swordspony.

"Caliber, I can't believe i'm saying this, but..."

Her horn glowed. The second bottle began to boil before the liquid and forty bits vanished into steam. 

"You don't have to do this. The dare's over."

-------

The mare shook her head in response to the swordspony. Then, she went back to staring at him, sea-blue eyes calm, but holding a soft and sad quality to them.

"Sorry, but you can't help me. There's only one way to do that, and I have to do it by myself. There's no other way."

She stood up then, leaves and dirt simply falling off of her mane and onto the forest floor, leaving it pristine. She turned to leave.

-------

Rarity nodded her head at Ice Blizzard's request, lightly smiling at him from where he sat in his chair

"That's a wonderful idea, Ice Blizzard. But, I have no idea what this la clochette doux can do, and I don't want to hurt you."

Or myself, she thought as she placed one hoof on the gem. This gem was at a stage she hadn't anticipated for a while, and she hadn't overlooked the possibility.

"We'll have to take it slow at first. Like a dance..."

--------

@Orion Caelum

Anette took a look at the menu, then over at Wilhelm, who seemed to be taken aback.

"I think this place is wonderful. I also think you'd never let me pay for you, even though you already bought the tickets. So, i'll go with a Royal Cranberry Salad," she said, leafing through the menu once again and finding something of modest price. Hopefully, Wilhelm wouldn't stress himself out too much over it.

---------

-snip-

Rain Shadow took a long, concentrated look at Lektra, staring intensely at her as she took yet another trip to the open bar. She promptly threw her hooves up in the air.

"Nope, can't say that I have. Honestly, i'd think i'd remember you, you have this way of... standing out." She gave a half-grin, perfectly designed for a comment that was a half-joke. It would be incredibly hard to forget this mare.

"Anyways, i'm a changeling researcher at Ponyville,..."

Probably the only one, she thought with exasperation, but kept it to herself.

"And yes, I do like mares, which i'm guessing is...not a problem to you."

(edited)

@,

Blizzard nodded, "Perfect. I'm definitely up for something like that. I'll come by your place tomorrow afternoon, and we can test each other's stuff. After I help you with the clothes of course." He leaned in and whispered, "I even have a special secret training area we could go to....where nopony could see our new tactics before we use them in the arena..."

He drank another shot of Everclear, and saw Will nearby. He waved to him. He also saw Caliber drinking, "*sigh* Don't buck up your liver bro..."

He thought for a moment before speaking to Rarity, "Hm...speaking of dancing, isn't there supposed to be music here tonight? I wanted to show off my dancing skills for ya."

He blushed for a moment, "Well...n-not show off, because I-I'm no expert...I-I mean..uh..." he pulled the collar of his shirt, "Is it warm in here? ...hehe..I just hope I can show you a good time on the dance floor, Rarity." he said shyly.

Edited by Ice Blizzard

@

caliber blinked slowly, watching the liquid steam, and evaporate. and frowned. 

"sl..sleight, im sure that was expensive." he managed, trying to think straight. "but...thanks."

he even sighed in relief, too. another bottle like that would've probably made him start to...act foolishly. well, more foolish then normal. 

"are you...are you mad?"

zenru nodded. "then let me help you do it on your own." he said, going for confusing logic that worked. 

(edited)

@,

Ash turned his head towards Pinkie Pie, “What makes you think you’re coming?”

“Don’t get me wrong, I’m… thankful for your help.” It almost sounded as if Ash had to force those last few words out of his mouth, “But this is going to be a dangerous trek. And you well… you're just a pony. Plus you’d just slow me down.”

With that Ash began to walk northwest from the Hospital; towards Mt Canterhorn.

Edited by Star Saber

Sleight Mist looked at Caliber hard, eyes tensed as she tried to figure out whether or not she was angry. Eventually, she gave up, figuring it really didn't matter in the slightest anymore.

"No, i'm not angry, Caliber," she lied, "Just... watch yourself. Don't do anything too dangerous. Because if if you die on our first date, I swear i'm coming down to Tartarus in order to find you."

She presented it as a light-hearted, but she meant every word. There was going to be a vacancy down there when she was finished, one formerly occupied by the pony who took him. Withthe things she was planning to do to him, she might be the replacement.

"I am curious though. Since you drunk a bottle, what did it taste like?"

-------

The mare didn't have time for games, and she looked at the swordspony with slanted eyes, clearly agitated.

"I already told you," she shouted loudly "you can't-"

Suddenly, she was cut off by the sounds of howling. Dark shapes were racing through the trees, barely visible against the bark that they moved past. Timberwolves, and an entire pack of them. The group surrounded the mare and Zenru, snapping and snarling.

--------

"I've had a little practice, but i'm no expert either. We'll just have to see where it goes, won't we?"

Of course, Rarity was lying, slightly. She'd had quite a lot of practice whenever she happened to interact with high society. It was one of those things you had to know.

Of course, she didn't tell him that.

"And I think, if we train, we should probably do it somewhere privately. I really don't know how strong this gem is now, and until I do, i'd rather not use it in a public area. It will be just between us, right?"

@

caliber smiled, or at least, tried to. it might've come out as a forced grin. kinda. he didnt know.

"aw, you dont have to worry, babe. i wont go dying on you..." he said, apparently oblivious to what he just said. "and...it tasted...like fizzy water. kinda.

zenru narrowed his eyes. "do you want help, now?" he asked, "or do you still work alone?"

he had thrown his swords, but he was sure he could retrieve them fast enough.

@,

Blizzard nodded as he leaned in, and whispered, "I got the perfect place for us to go. It's a place that I normally go to to train and practice, when I wanna be alone. It's very beautiful, calm, and serene. It has a lake, small waterfalls, and such pretty green plants. It looks so beautiful that you'd swear it was made by somepony as lovely as y-- I-I mean, um...."

He cleared his throat to play it off, "Ahem, something in my throat, ugh. Anyway, it seems to be weird. It doesn't seem to be physically affected by any damage whatsoever, I guess due to magic. So no matter how what we do down there, the place is gonna remain the same way we came in."

He made a smug smile, "And it's perfectly secluded for the both of us to practice together...."

• Brohoof 1

The mare stared at the timberwolves, but there was no fear in her eyes, because she wasn't scared of them. Quite the opposite.

"Don't hurt him," she said softly, stepping in front of Zenru. The largest dog, the alpha, stepped forward as well. It walked up to the mare and whined, seemingly in concern.

"It's okay, i'm fine," she said, rubbing the wolf's head with a hoof. It panted happily in return before backing away, but it still kept its eyes trained on Zenru. She turned towards him as well.

"I can understand them. They came here because they thought you were a threat, and they almost ended up getting hurt..."

Her eyes became sad, as if she were recalling something, then briefly angry. She shook her head again, and they settled back to their normal softness.

"I'm leaving," she said, walking side by side with the alpha through the trees. "Please, forget this ever happened."

-------

"Sorry..." she began, giving him a pointed look. At the same time, she used magic to chill the air around him, effectively giving him a flash. "but nopony calls me babe. Not even my coltfriends."

She stopped, thinking something over.

"You know, actually, i've never had a coltfriend. I kinda hate the name, even though I like you. I wonder..." she said, looking over the table and once again grinning at him.

-------

Rarity smiled, right before she took another shot.

"Next to the forest, i'm guessing? It always seem to be the forest's, for some reason," she began to question openly. She broke the thought with a turn of the head and looked back over at Ice Blizzard. She had just caught on to his intentions, and it made her face steam with embarassment.

"Wait, I didn't mean to imply that..."

(edited)

Night Tracer was in the back with Octavia and Vinyl discussing their piece they were preparing to perform. It had been only months since their performance; it wasn't all too long ago from when they had graduated. Night Tracer, however, hadn't played the piano sine their graduation so he, undeniably, was a bit rusty. "So, Am I playing on the keyboard or the grand piano; I can do both but you know which sounds better and which I can play better."

Octavia thought for a moment although she had already made up her mind, "Yes, I need you to play the piano, stick to the original; alright?"

Night Tracer nodded and began to walk towards the wings of the stage. Octavia went out to welcome everyone and thank them for coming tonight. As Octavia concluded her salutations to all the guests she walked to her violin; whereas, Vinyl and Night Tracer who were standing side by side high hoofed before walking onto the stage to take their positions.

Night Tracer walked over to the piano, cracked his hooves and sat down. He readjusted the microphone stand over head so he would be able to sing easily while he played. He looked back at Octavia who was to give him the queue to start a few measures into when she began.

Octavia nodded to Night Tracer and then looked out to the crowd before taking a deep breath.

Version being played: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ZraVsPbhk

Original:

She played the first few bars impechably, they sounded beautifiul; she always worked so hard with her music and rarely made a mistake on stage because she'd never let one go while practicing. Music was her life, her passion. What she woke up to and went to sleep to. She had only opened the resturant as a way to get herself noticed so she could pursue her career as a classical performer and eventually compose her own orchestra. But this performance, this song is what she was doing now and that's all that was on her mind.

After about four measures into the piece, Night Tracer silently cleared his throat and leaned into towards the microphone and as he did, Octavia quit playing and Vinyl began providing DJ accompaniment.

"Oh, Oh, Oh," Night Tracer sang confidently although, internally. He was nervous.

"We're a thousand miles from comfort, we have traveled land and sea
But as long as you are with me, there's no place I'd rather be
I would wait forever, exalted in the scene
As long as I am with you, my heart continues to beat

With every step we take, Kyoto to The Bay
Strolling so casually
We're different and the same, gave you another name
Switch up the batteries"

He sang remarkably, but not quite as well as he did for his finals; that performance was hard to match, for him, Octavia, and Vinyl. They were all flawless. Now, they had to be again.

Night Tracer was finishing singing the first verse only to be overshadowed by Octavia who broke into the chorus with her violin, and Vinyl with her soundboard. Night Tracer was drowned out to where he was audible but not heard clearly but that was intended. However, what wasn't intended, was when the chorus began, Night Tracer got caught off guard ever so slightly and missed his intro on the piano by a fraction of a second. He kept singing the chorus,

"If you gave me a chance I would take it
It's a shot in the dark but I'll make it
Know with all of your heart, you can't shame me
When I am with you, there's no place I'd rather be
N-n-n-no, no, no, no place I'd rather be
Ooh ooh"

While entering the chorus he looked away from the piano and to Octavia out of the corner of his eye. He saw her smiling at him with a grin that says, "Do it again and We're going to have issues." Night Tracer kept singing and playing but didn't let go of Octavia's look. He made sure to keep it fresh in mind as he continued on with the song.

"We staked out on a mission to find our inner peace
Make it everlasting so nothing's incomplete
It's easy being with you, sacred simplicity
As long as we're together, there's no place I'd rather be
With every step we take, Kyoto to The Bay
Strolling so casually
We're different and the same, gave you another name
Switch up the batteries"

He sang and sang, slowly forgetting that he had messed up and slowly becoming more and more invested in the music. It was very apparent as he hit the chorus as this time he was much louder without sacrificing quality, tone or pitch. He didn't get covered this time, almost singing as if he was naked. Vinyl and Octavia looked at each, gleaming. Motivated by his energy they increased their volume as well.

"If you gave me a chance I would take it
N-n-n-no, no, no, no place I'd rather be"

By this time, Night Tracer was hitting on all cylinders. The performance the trio was putting on was nothing to talk about at the water cooler the next day but it was worthy of kicking off a hell of a night.

"Hoo
Yeah-e-yeah-e-yeah-e-yeah-e-yeah, yeah, yeah
If you gave me a chance I would take it
When I am with you, there's no place I'd rather be"

He sang the last chorus in a higher, lighter octave which sounded wonderful. To top it off, Vinyl put and angelic noise behind it, to put her own twist on what they had originally did. Octavia played in a lower key and played softer so Night Tracer's voice and Vinyl's noise would stand out as she thought it would sound better if they did.

Night Tracer held the final note as the music faded out. Leaving the audience to clap.

He walked off the stage and to the wings, leaving Octavia and Vinyl to play a composition of their own.

(The one in SoL)

Night Tracer exhaled as he walked off the stage. He was relieved or that to be over as much as he enjoyed, but the night wasn't over for him as he still had a date and a closing number to sing.

He slithered through the tables In the dining area as Tavey and Vinyl begun their duet. As he trotted through he was congratulated by a few ponies but most were focused on each other or what was happening on stage, which made it easy for him to get back to his table. He approached his table from the opposite direction of where Celestia was so he could surprise her.

While he walked by her, he reached up and booped her on the nose while making the noise, "Sorry, had to take care of something."

He sat across from her in his seat yet again. "You know, when I offered you that drink, I didn't think you'd be drinking the night away." He commented.

(Sorry for grammar errors; this post was done on my iPhone)

Edited by Flying Far
  • Brohoof 2

@

zenru merely nodded at the largest dog. and wordlessly started to let it be known that should the wolf decide to attack for any reason whatsoever, it would be a poor move on their part.

"i see your a sort of recluse. shying away from interaction from others. may i ask why?" he asked.

caliber cocked his head. "babe? aint no-one calling you...oh wait..." he realized it was him, and started laughing. "oh, my bad, i--brr..."

he shivered, and listened to her when she said how she didnt have any coltfriends, and how she 'liked' him...

"...i like you, too~" he slurred, with a happy face. "i wanna be more then friends...and stuff...."

• Brohoof 2

Red opened her mouth to reply to Rune, but several ponies walked on stage. She listened, entranced, to the song.

When was the last time she had heard real music? She found herself swaying to the beat, despite herself. She stopped, a little embarrassed, but listened intently. The last time she'd heard real music... before she'd left her parents, four or so years ago, she decided. There was that one gypsy caravan-- but that wasn't the same, not really. They only had drums and a recorder, so the music wasn't enthralling.

The song ended, and the strange trance it had set Red in faded, and she blinked. She watched the pegasus that had sung leave the stage. She applauded with the ponies around her, but then a new song started, a duet between the other two.

She turned to Rune, figuring he basically knew everything that went on. "Who are those ponies?" she asked curiously.

(edited)

@,

If Blizzard wasn't as shy as he was around Rarity, he would've exploded with laughter. It was hilarious how she 'caught on' to him, "HAHAHA!! GOTEEERRR!" he thought to himself while maintaining a normal expression at the table.

"Well, I'll sell ya this: The forest is always the best place to......get business done." he said, still somewhat smug, "But to get there...it's a secret route nopony else knows about. Trust me, you'll love it. It has a great landscape, and it's great place to practice fighting."

His ears quivered as the music started to play, and clapped when it was over, "Awesome music."  When Vinyl & Tavey started a new song, he reached a hoof out to Rarity and asked, "Care for a dance?"

Edited by Ice Blizzard
  • Brohoof 1

@@Little Red

"vinyl scratch, octavia, night tracer, and im going up in a few minutes. just let dj pon3 and octavia finish theirs."

he grinned. "i got them all beat. my song'll make ya believe in miracles. but...truth be told...i do need a back up singer..."

he looked at her. "you wanna...?"

@,

Vinyl, Octavia, and Night Tracer. Red nodded as he listed their names.

She blinked as she processed his last words-- an invitation to be a back-up singer for him. Her head whipped around to face him, away from the stage, eyebrow raised. Why not Ruby? Unless he actually was asking Ruby, and not her.

"Uh, me?" She clarified. "I can't sing. I can't dance either," she added to Ruby for good measure.

@@Little Red

rune laughed. "aw, c'mon. will no-mare in ths building be a back-up singer?" he asked, a little louder to where everyone would hear, but it wasn't quite loud enough to disturb the peace. (dont ask how, just roll with it)

he sipped his drink. "im going on after this, i think. so i need back up singers, STAT."

(this is an invitation, BTW. fair warning, you'll only have one verse, though.)

@,

Red was a little doubtful. She had already signed up to do this "nyan -nyan dance" when she had no idea how to dance, and she wasn't sure she wanted to try singing a song she didn't know. Especially when she couldn't sing. But at least for the dance she wouldn't be up on a giant stage.

What if the refusal offended Rune, though? He was easily just as nice as Ruby, and she'd known them for about the same time-- why was she doing what Ruby requested, but not what Rune requested? Oh, right, because Rune was asking her to go out on a giant stage. Her voice would only bother the ponies here-- she simply wasn't a good singer.

"I can't sing," she repeated, "but.... what are you singing? Or, more specifically, what are you asking me to sing? And can Ruby sing it?" she added the last bit, rather hopefully.

@@Little Red

"huh? oh, its a song from rio. called 'i wanna party', by will.i.pon. its a semi-known song, but it does get the soul moving, and wanting to dance~!"

he grinned. "and no worries, judging from ruby's expression, im sure she could be the back up singer. if anypony else doesn't want to, that is."

(last post of the night)

(edited)

@@Star Saber

"Oh, Ashie! That's what friendship is all about you ol' hoot. The journey may be tough sometimes and you may hit a rough patch or a lava patch but if you keep moving on, work together, and prevail. You'll find a choclate rain patch at the end!" She bounced in front of Ash. Once again, her eyes came out of her sockets but unlike the last time they didn't bounce out but made more if a suction cup noise. "Choclate Rain!" She emphasized. She began trotting along with him. She wasn't just going to leave him alone.

@,

Fluttershy looked up, she was surprised by Kevin's comment. "Dangerous? Oh heavens no," She quietly asserted. "Some of them just need some warming up to, that's all." She defended the animals; she'd be that one owner in a movie that hangs onto her rabid dog that you have to end up killing either the owner and the dog kills many people or kill them both and save people.  

Edited by Flying Far