open The Brigade Of Celestial Light

Child Of Darkness

Ruin and devestation was the only description Mango could have given to the once beautiful home of ponies. This destruction could be Canterlot if Equestria didn't play its cards right. That thought was what kept his current objective tolerable. The small rubble of the ruined buildings fell around him as he searched for bodies. Corpses give off more energy when they were fresh but the suit couldn't be picky if it had to deal with powerful demons. After a bit of rummaging through the streets and former houses Mango had discovered the arrow filled remains of a devil. Black material covered my mouth as the suits mouth shaped and clamped down on the neck of the fallen soldier. The act itself was appalling however the sudden flow of energy was horrifically enticing. Mango began to look for more as he knew one was not enough.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few minutes later, Dawn groaned as her eyes slowly opened. She had a painful headache, but that was the least of her problems. She felt none of the power that was normally there when she was awake and a cold chill went down her spine. "What did he do to me?" She thought, checking to make sure the leg bracers that held Baz's spirit were still there. The alicorn was relieved that they were still on her person, but then why did she feel so weak.

Caras returned to Dawn with a plate of reheated Leftovers from the dinner they had yesterday. "Here. Something for you to eat, the last thing I want to happen to you now is to die of starvation. That would make me look bad, I can't have that happening." He placed the food down next to her and removed the shackles from her front two hooves before leaving her alone again.

@@Midnight_Aurora,

(Little Sister is Imōto)

Zecz: "I think it would be wise to not say something like that to his face. He maybe try and nice to you, but he has his limits. What he does is for the greater good of our race and its best not to question his motives and methods. *Telepathic* Oh, and this counter measure you have developed is okay, but perhaps it still needs to be developed further, you can't silence a voice that is inside your head. *Vocal* Now then, where did Lady Niruna go? I can't seem to sense her anywhere."

Without anyone noticing her, she had put on her cloak and slipped out of the city. She was going south, 'Find out where they are living and tell Caras'. That was the mission she had set herself to do, as she wanted to help out as much as she could.

@@Midnight_Aurora,

(Little Sister is Imōto)

Zecz: "I think it would be wise to not say something like that to his face. He maybe try and nice to you, but he has his limits. What he does is for the greater good of our race and its best not to question his motives and methods. *Telepathic* Oh, and this counter measure you have developed is okay, but perhaps it still needs to be developed further, you can't silence a voice that is inside your head. *Vocal* Now then, where did Lady Niruna go? I can't seem to sense her anywhere."

Without anyone noticing her, she had put on her cloak and slipped out of the city. She was going south, 'Find out where they are living and tell Caras'. That was the mission she had set herself to do, as she wanted to help out as much as she could.

(Thanks.)

Chrysteel Tries to sense for her heart but is unable to locate it. "She is alive. Her heart sends a desire to help. As for her location, something she has blocks my heart sense. It is like she is untraceable. We should inform Caras. He would know why and how to track her down."

She heads inside to look for Caras.

@@Midnight_Aurora

Zecz runs in after Chrysteel and begins to search for Caras. He spots him as he is coming up from the lower levels of the house. "Caras my friend. No time for formalities and hello how are you and all that, Lady Niruna has gone missing. I have a feeling in my gut that says she is no longer in the city. We need to go search for her, if a Divine like The Heart Of The Goddess finds her, she will kill her without a second thought."

Caras: "Wait for me outside the city gates, I'll go and get Simple and a few items before we leave. She'll be using her cloak so it's going to be very difficult to find her."

Zecz: "Yes Lord Caras. Chrysteel, come on. We have no time to linger." He turned away from the house and made his way though the city to the gates. Caras and Simple would arrive a few minutes later.

(edited)

Chrysteel is following Zecz. "So her cloak hides her. If I knew where she could be heading, I could locate her by the pulse of her desires. I might have an idea. This war, the best place for her to probably go is a camp base near the old Crystal Empire."

Chrysteel attempts to locate the Heart of the Goddess. She knows this would be a good time to also ask about the Flutterling's Blessing.

She says, "I know how to keep Niruna safe. Zecz, can you please keep Dawn safe. If she is hurt in any way, heal her to the best of your ability. It would be best for a neutral party to make contact. I would be best for that. I could care less of what the Equestrians think of my kind. As you can tell, I am not all Changeling. I am half pony but a change is coming and I need many things for it to happen."

When Caras arrives, Chrysteel says, "I can keep Niruna safe from even the Heart of the Goddess. Venus is like a sister to the Goddess. Venus' children are close enough. If I inform then Niruna isn't to be harmed under the ambassador clause in the Equestrian laws, they have to leave her alone. She is an outside representative delegate. I will personally keep it that way."

She looks Caras dead in the eyes and says, "Please let me handle Niruna. Simple you also have your alibi as well. So long as Tempest is accepted amongst the Equestrians. If he isn't then your alibi is shot as well."

She awaits Caras' permission.

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

Dawn rolled her eyes after Caras had left and looked over what he had brought her. "And kidnapping me wouldn't." She thought to herself. The alicorn then felt hunger pangs roll through her body and sighed. She would rather starve herself, but she knew that that wouldn't help anypony, so she slowly ate what Caras had left for her. After she finished, she began to meditate. The alicorn needed to find a way to get the inhibitor on her magic off if she wanted to escape.

Tempest sighed as he looked into the sky and felt weak. He had failed to get back Dawn and he didn't even know what was right any more. The bat pony then sat and meditated, hoping to clear his mind.

Chrysteel is following Zecz. "So her cloak hides her. If I knew where she could be heading, I could locate her by the pulse of her desires. I might have an idea. This war, the best place for her to probably go is a camp base near the old Crystal Empire."

Chrysteel attempts to locate the Heart of the Goddess. She knows this would be a good time to also ask about the Flutterling's Blessing.

She says, "I know how to keep Niruna safe. Zecz, can you please keep Dawn safe. If she is hurt in any way, heal her to the best of your ability. It would be best for a neutral party to make contact. I would be best for that. I could care less of what the Equestrians think of my kind. As you can tell, I am not all Changeling. I am half pony but a change is coming and I need many things for it to happen."

When Caras arrives, Chrysteel says, "I can keep Niruna safe from even the Heart of the Goddess. Venus is like a sister to the Goddess. Venus' children are close enough. If I inform then Niruna isn't to be harmed under the ambassador clause in the Equestrian laws, they have to leave her alone. She is an outside representative delegate. I will personally keep it that way."

She looks Caras dead in the eyes and says, "Please let me handle Niruna. Simple you also have your alibi as well. So long as Tempest is accepted amongst the Equestrians. If he isn't then your alibi is shot as well."

She awaits Caras' permission.

Caras: "Listen. I know what you mean. But this goes beyond diplomatic relationships with other races, she is the closes thing I have to family and I'll be damned if anything happens to her. I'm going to look for her, don't try and stop me."

Simple: "It's best to listen to him Chrysteel. He seems like the type to let things get personal and lose his cool over it. Please, before you get hurt, just leave it."

Zecz: "Caras you are thinking too far out of left wing. But when have you even been one for logic. I will stay and keep a close eye on Dawn for you. I will even be genuinely nice to her. Stay safe my friend."

Tempest was brought out of his meditation when he heard something big land behind him. When he turned, he saw a black dragon with what looked like metallic spike sticking out of his back. "Who are you?" He asked, not showing any real emotion.

The dragon gave a slight smirk and walked a bit closer to the bat pony. "My name is Blitz, and I have been watching you for some time now, young one. You show great potential, yet you do not have the means to truly unlock it. I can give you what you need to do what has to be done. I can teach you Dra-Ko-Shun" He said, looking over Tempest before eventually turning his piercing gaze to his eyes . "You only need not use the beasts in you during this training and once you accept, there is no going back. You will stay here until I see that your training is complete, even if a war is going on."

Tempest was surprised to say that least and while Xena protested such training, he saw no real harm. He had to admit, though, the name was a bit strange. "Very well. I accept the terms."

Blitz nodded and walked to a cave that Tempest hadn't noticed before. "Very well." He said. "We will begin in an hour. Do whatever it is you need to do before we begin. If you are not back in that time, the agreement is void.

The bat pony nodded and walked into the cave, setting the amulet around his neck on a stone deep inside the dragon's home and Nephyer sealed off all the power he had given Tempest. He had to admit, it felt weird not sharing a mind, but that was something he would have to get used to. "Ok. I'm ready." He said.

(For Blitz's appearance, think of a Skrill from HTTYD.)

(edited)

Caras: "Listen. I know what you mean. But this goes beyond diplomatic relationships with other races, she is the closes thing I have to family and I'll be damned if anything happens to her. I'm going to look for her, don't try and stop me."

Simple: "It's best to listen to him Chrysteel. He seems like the type to let things get personal and lose his cool over it. Please, before you get hurt, just leave it."

Zecz: "Caras you are thinking too far out of left wing. But when have you even been one for logic. I will stay and keep a close eye on Dawn for you. I will even be genuinely nice to her. Stay safe my friend."

Chrysteel says, "I see...I was hopeing we could avoid needless blood shed. But I understand where your heart is. I can and will protect her. She is an innocent in my book. You have already chosen your path. If I act in not your favor, it is for her safty. Let's go. I have an idea where she is heading."

Chrysteel heads in the direction of the camp. She can sense Golden's Heart and where the divine is, the camp should be as well.

(edited)

Golden had returned to the outpost after finishing her talk with Clayton. She was just gathering a few things and talking to a few if the soldiers before she went. As she was getting ready to leave, she felt cold down her spine. Almost like eyes where following her. "*shiver* I don't like this at all. Tell Clayton I thought I felt something strange and went to investigate." She went out the read of the outpost and started exploring the undergrowth for signs if what was watching her. She found some hoof prints, fresh ones, from what seemed to be a young pony, possibly female. "Hmm, now I'm just confused."

Niruna was hiding a small distance away from Golden, she had been watching her and knew she was The Heart Of The Goddess, the mass murderer and killer of all devils. She kept her calm and remained totally silent.

Cars followed after Chrysteel, but left Simple behind. "Hey wait up! You left me behind Caras."

Zecz: "Fret not Mortal. For as I understand you have some of the Blood Clan blood within you, and didn't Caras promise to introduce you to another member of the house?"

Simple: "Yeah, I guess he did say that."

Zecz: "Come with me Kid. It's time to introduce you to Diadora, fun fact about her; she is ranked as one of the most desirable women in the underworld, you should be happy that she will be teaching you."

Simple: "Devils have a ranking system for everything don't they?"

Zecz: "More or less."

Edited by Child Of Darkness

(edited)

Chrysteel says, "Is it wise to leave him? We need to hurry. Golden's Heart has moved. If Niruna is near the camp Golden will have at least felt her."

She continues on. She doesn't have her bracelet anymore but she care too much about Niruna to let even a godess' chosen stop her. 'Mother Venus, give me the strength for what I must do.' She thought.

(edited)

When Dawn opened her eyes, she had no idea how long she had been meditating. She then decided that now would be a good time to work on getting the inhibitor off of her. She then began to focus all of her magic in her horn, hoping to overload it.

After the hour ended, Blitz looked at Tempest and smirked. "You're still here. I wouldn't expect anything less from a pony like you." He said.

Tempest nodded and stretched. "I'm not one to disappoint." He said.

The dragon nodded and knew what it would take for Tempest to complete his training. "Before we continue on with your training, you have to be fast. I want you to fly around the base of this mountain in one hour. Every time you fail, you will have to start over again."

The bat pony was stunned to say the least. The mountan's base had to have a diameter of at least 200 miles and that wasn't including the other mountains and the valleys they created. Tempest didn't complain though. He just flew off the nearest cliff and started to fly.

(Note: Tempest's top speed is little over 95 mph while using his aura. So this may take a while, and this is only the first of many steps that I have planned.)

Edited by Drago Ryder

Mango didn't know how many bodies his suit nourished itself on nor did he want to. All that matters was that he was reenergized and wouldn't require more anytime soon. Mango still had duties and that little spectacle of his would hardly stop him. However the fate of the divine still lingered in his mind, however Mango thought it was best not to think about it till he got back. After checking his inventory and prosthetic Mango hurried back to camp.

Clayton had gotten news of what Golden was doing as he did a routine patrol, and he figured that he might as well see what got her so worked up. The unicorn then trotted outside of the outpost and began to look around for said divine, while also keeping an eye on the skies above them. "Tempest is taking to long. He should've been back by now, granted it hasn't even been a full day yet." He thought to himself, worried for his friend.

Golden continued to search the area. She was not going to let this trail go cold. She thought to herself it would be a devil scout. Possibly a young one, but old enough to be considered an adult. "I know you're around here, you're doing a good job at hiding yourself from me. But you can't stay hidden for forever devil. I will find you, one mistake from you and you are dead."

Niruna had a plan set in motion for how she was going to deal with this threat. She cannot speak to her without being killed on sight, so she was going to use a bit of magic to defeat her. She placed a snare trap where she was sitting and quickly teleported a few feet away, as predicted, Golden took the bait and attack the location, getting caught in the trap. This gave Niruna enough time to shoot a bolt of dark energy at golden, sending her back a good distance before Running to hide.

Caras: "Chrysteel! Did you feel that? Niruna is fighting, a divine. The Heart Of The Goddess, or as she is know by Mortals, Golden Leaf. Make haste."

Dawn felt her magic return to her as the inhibitor on her horn was overwhelmed. She then levitated the ring off her horn and set it aside, but she still had to find a way out of her cell. "I guess I could continuously fire magic at the wall, but that would take to long." She thought to herself. The alicorn then set the ring back on her horn as to not look suspicious. "Maybe I could earn their trust and get more freedoms." The alicorn was still worried about Baz and hoped that she was ok.

(edited)

Chrysteel rushes forward. She knows her words have to be perfect. "Caras allow me to show you my power. Let me deal with Golden."

She steps up knowing her power has grown. "Golden, stop. I need to talk to you. It is a matter concerning an item called Flutterling's Blessing."

She prepares a Sanctuary Spell. She then rushes up to golden and uses it.

((Sanctuary prevents violence within the 100 foot area of the spell. No outside attack can get in. No inside offensive abilities work. Spell lasts for 1 minute per equivalent caster level. It is technically a non-violent area or neutral ground. Only a goddess or god may grant such spells. Venus, goddess of love, granted a one time use to Chrysteel. Equivalent caster level 15.))

Golden recovered from the attack with a few burns to show for it. They'll most likely end up scaring her. "All across my chest. Fucking devil." When the sanctuary spell was cast, she was again caught off guard. When she looked to see that caster, she was very surprised. "You. We thought you had been killed in the crystal empire, " after Caras walked up alongside Chrysteel, her facial expressions and tone changed dramatically. "But I guess I can no longer call you my ally anymore."

Dawn felt her magic return to her as the inhibitor on her horn was overwhelmed. She then levitated the ring off her horn and set it aside, but she still had to find a way out of her cell. "I guess I could continuously fire magic at the wall, but that would take to long." She thought to herself. The alicorn then set the ring back on her horn as to not look suspicious. "Maybe I could earn their trust and get more freedoms." The alicorn was still worried about Baz and hoped that she was ok.

Zecz had dropped Simple off in the lower parts of the city. He told him that the Hunter clan would eventually find him, so he didn't need to worry. Zecz quickly returned to the house, he had to check on Dawn. He wondered into the room she was being held in, "So you're Dawn? Holder of one of the great aura beasts correct?"

Dawn glanced at Zecz and nodded slightly. 'Yes. I am." She said, giving her visitor a quick once over. The alicorn was a bit wary of this new demon, but she already had a plan forming in her mind. "So, what brings you down here. It's not exactly a place where two would normally meet."

Golden recovered from the attack with a few burns to show for it. They'll most likely end up scaring her. "All across my chest. Fucking devil." When the sanctuary spell was cast, she was again caught off guard. When she looked to see that caster, she was very surprised. "You. We thought you had been killed in the crystal empire, " after Caras walked up alongside Chrysteel, her facial expressions and tone changed dramatically. "But I guess I can no longer call you my ally anymore."

Chrysteel says, "I am not siding with the Devils either if that is what your suggesting. Mother Venus and ancient Queen Crystal wish me to become what my race use to be. I feel in order to do that, I would need an item held by the Devils and Divine respectfully. Flutterlings Honor and Flutterlings Blessing. This area is protected by a spell only given by a goddess. Venus allowed me use of it. I won't be able to use it again until the three crystals are gathered is one location."

She looks to Caras, "Flutterlings are a neutral force in this war. I will fight to defend those I care for. You, Niruna, Tempest, Dawn, Simple, Golden and any friends I make along the way are all those I feel will be necessary to unveil the truth and bring a longer lasting peace. Venus also wishes for this lasting peace. I hope that honor will help bring this peace. I also hope pride won't interfere with it. Mortals are told what to believe.

I feel that if we all look beyond what can physically be seen, we are the same underneath."

She looks to Golden, "This spell will complete in 5 minutes. So I will get to the reason I stopped the fighting. Golden, I need a huge favor feom you. I need you to ask the divines to allow Flutterling's Blessing to be brought to a location of my chosing. The time if when will be spoken at the time I give the location. But I must first acquire Flutterling's Honor. The devils have forgotten about it and the old deal made by Queen Crystal. I entend to establish a new deal when the three crystals are brought together. Will you ask about Flutterling's Blessing for me? Venus seems to have already given her blessing for this."

Chrysteel waits for her response.

Dawn glanced at Zecz and nodded slightly. 'Yes. I am." She said, giving her visitor a quick once over. The alicorn was a bit wary of this new demon, but she already had a plan forming in her mind. "So, what brings you down here. It's not exactly a place where two would normally meet."

"I'm simply doing a favour for a friend of mine and to make sure you don't escape. Not like their is anything you can really do. I mean just by looking you can see that you burnt out that dampener, you may want to fix how that looks. Don't worry, I won't tell Caras. So how did you manage to get yourself wound up in this situation?"

Chrysteel says, "I am not siding with the Devils either if that is what your suggesting. Mother Venus and ancient Queen Crystal wish me to become what my race use to be. I feel in order to do that, I would need an item held by the Devils and Divine respectfully. Flutterlings Honor and Flutterlings Blessing. This area is protected by a spell only given by a goddess. Venus allowed me use of it. I won't be able to use it again until the three crystals are gathered is one location."

She looks to Caras, "Flutterlings are a neutral force in this war. I will fight to defend those I care for. You, Niruna, Tempest, Dawn, Simple, Golden and any friends I make along the way are all those I feel will be necessary to unveil the truth and bring a longer lasting peace. Venus also wishes for this lasting peace. I hope that honor will help bring this peace. I also hope pride won't interfere with it. Mortals are told what to believe.

I feel that if we all look beyond what can physically be seen, we are the same underneath."

She looks to Golden, "This spell will complete in 5 minutes. So I will get to the reason I stopped the fighting. Golden, I need a huge favor feom you. I need you to ask the divines to allow Flutterling's Blessing to be brought to a location of my chosing. The time if when will be spoken at the time I give the location. But I must first acquire Flutterling's Honor. The devils have forgotten about it and the old deal made by Queen Crystal. I entend to establish a new deal when the three crystals are brought together. Will you ask about Flutterling's Blessing for me? Venus seems to have already given her blessing for this."

Chrysteel waits for her response.

"Yeah we have Flutterlings Blessing. We have it kept safe in heaven under high security. So you want us to give it to you? Here is my question, why in the name of all three world's would we ever hand over such an artifact to one such as yourself. Unless the Goddess herself allows such a thing, you're never going to get it. Unless you've got the guts to Raid heaven."

Caras: "Is that an invitation?"

Golden: "Fuck off you pathetic waste of space."

Niruna: "He's a waste of space? I'll have you know that you are the one who couldn't even hold their own against me, you fell to the Hunter clan and nearly got killed in the crystal empire. While we have nothing but success. Choose your words carefully Heart Of The Goddess." Niruna had dropped down from the tree tops and landed next to Chrysteel. She was a little dirty but she was holding a hoof drawn map of the area, and looking at Golden with an angry expression drawn across her face.

(edited)

Chrysteel says, "Not give it to me. I only wish to bring it to a specified location at a given time. Venus has shown me that the Flutterlings of old are returning. Within me is a soul shard of Crystal, Queen of the Flutterlings. From the memories of the shard it seems you are also kept partially in the dark, Heart of the goddess. I already posess Flutterling's Heart and soon I will begin the first of three Evolutions. Once all three are gathered, the Flutterling race will be reborn. Starting with their queen. Do you know why such an artifact was given to the divines in the first place? I do know why."

Chrysteel was starting to grow irritated with Golden. However to live up to the name of Queen Crystal, She will hold herself. She isn't an enemy of anybeing. She will help all come to peace.

(edited)

Tempest sighed as he stood on the cliff in front of Blitz's cave for the third time that day. He hadn't even gotten close to the goal when was sent back to the start of his flight. "I will get through this. I will not give in." He thought as he dove off the cliff and extended his wings. The bat pony had noticed that he was getting faster, but it wasn't enough. This time was different though. He felt his determination well up inside of him. A cone of air formed around him and when he broke through, a thunderous explosion echoed through the mountain pass, and he only got faster from there. Tempest screamed in excitement as the landscape disappeared from under him and wind rushed over his body.

Edited by Drago Ryder

Clayton had heard a bit of a disturbance nearby and arrived at the scene to see Golden and the others. "Well, isn't this just a swell get together." He said, not really showing any hostilities. The unicorn then looked over the group and put his scythe on the ground. He wasn't in the aoe of Chrysteel's spell, but the unicorn figured that it would ease tensions. "So, what brings al of you this far south?"

Chrysteel says, "A matter of importance to me." She gives Clayton a look of understanding.

"I have Venus' approval or do I need the approval of Faust, the all-mother?" She says, returning her vision to Golden. "I consider you a friend Golden. I am also placing trust in you to deliver my request. If not able, then tell me how I can speak to the goddess and inform her of my request directly."

She turns to Niruna, "Did you get what you came for, Imoto? If so, then please return with Caras now. My spell won't hold for much longer. One minute and counting. I do not wish those I care for to die."

She then turns to Golden, "Also, please deliver a message to the princesses. Tell them I will be visiting soon. I have something to show them. There is a place beneath canterlot they might wish to know about. A place that belongs to the Avatar form of Crystal. She is waiting for me."

Chrysteel then returns to Caras' side. "I have a Flutterlings Honor to find. Hopefully I won't have to stalemate our next encounter. You have my word as a Flutterling, no harm will come to those I care about Golden. Only they may bring harm to themselves."

She then looks to Caras, "Let's go find a lost artifact. It seems now more then ever, are the Flutterlings needed."