Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Phone problems! Help!

Sugoi Kurloz

(edited)

I wasn't sure where to put this thread but say an Alcatel One Touch Fierce 2 was dropped in water for about 5 seconds and it was shallow. Everything works fine the sound the battery all the buttons the touch screen works I can unlock it and everything! But the screen is black. I took it apart and put it in rice then I let the battery die the day after and charges it the next morning hoping this would work. It didn't. It's soaking in rice again but I don't have money to spend on another phone.

Does any one know what I could do? Thanks.

Edited by Filthy Blue Shades
  • Brohoof 1

I would say myself that something has shorted or corroded.

Best thing to do would be to open it up and check for corrosion on the connector between the display/motherboard.

It's more likely to be a borked display so you may be able to get away with a display replacement.

However, as always, OPENING YOUR PHONE VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY. It's best to get it repaired by an authorised repair center.

I would say myself that something has shorted or corroded.

Best thing to do would be to open it up and check for corrosion on the connector between the display/motherboard.

It's more likely to be a borked display so you may be able to get away with a display replacement.

However, as always, OPENING YOUR PHONE VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY. It's best to get it repaired by an authorised repair center.

Display replacement hm..

Thanks your answers really helpful! :D ill take it to a repair shop.