searching Exploring and Settling New Lands (OOC) -Open World RP-

AspenSwift

half alicorn half wolf...that seems a bit...different.  I don't know, I'd accept him if he was half pony half wolf, but being an alicorn is really far off canon.  Maybe with some editing...

alicorns are canon aren't they? 

(edited)

Any spots left?

If there is... Is this island already somewhat populated? Maybe it has some settlers already on it who got there early? Because I sort of wanted to have a fort, either deep in the woods, or along the shore, that sorts of serves as both a fort and a town (kind of like Jamestown during the settlement of North America).

If that's okay, I'd have 2 OCs. The one in my bio and the mayor of this settlement

Edited by Star-Lord
  • Brohoof 1

sig-27947.sig-27947.i6UmMWb.png

Click My Sig to check out my OC Professor Annabella

As said, is this roleplay still looking for more members? Had a quick look over it, and would like to participate.

• Brohoof 1

"Deaf? I'm not surprised with that bloody racket!"- Prince Philip, to a class of deaf children sat next to a brass band
zpbpf.png

As said, is this roleplay still looking for more members? Had a quick look over it, and would like to participate.

I think so. Aspen said he wanted it to be really big. I think he wants it to kind of have an MMO feel.

Unfortunately, he hasn't posted in a little while. I'm not sure when he'll be back. You'll have to ask him when he returns.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

If there is... Is this island already somewhat populated? Maybe it has some settlers already on it who got there early? Because I sort of wanted to have a fort, either deep in the woods, or along the shore, that sorts of serves as both a fort and a town (kind of like Jamestown during the settlement of North America).

If that's okay, I'd have 2 OCs. The one in my bio and the mayor of this settlement

We'd love to have you both in the roleplay!  As @@Reaver said, we're trying to get as many people in on this as possible :) To @ specifically, this is Equestria's first expansion.  If there are other ponies there, they are either natives or came from some kingdom that wasn't Equestria.  But, if you wanted to be from our group of settlers, than you could set up a fort really quickly!  And you can have two OCs in, I think Sparkle Sword is also RPing as two characters.  

Anyway, we'd love to have both of you!  Please use the application guide on the front page, or link a bio :)

(Thanks for handling visitors, everyone else!  I was at a dinner party :3)

Edited by AspenSwift
  • Brohoof 2

Alright, well, my character can be found here: https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/ever-sharp-r8423

As for the reason why they were chosen, I suppose that as an ex-adventurer, the opportunity was too good to pass up. He has plenty to leave behind in Equestria, and a fresh start would be great. Skills wise, being ex-army and an ex-explorer would bring many benefits to new colonists.

Naturally, if you find something wrong with the character I'm more than willing to change them.

• Brohoof 1

"Deaf? I'm not surprised with that bloody racket!"- Prince Philip, to a class of deaf children sat next to a brass band
zpbpf.png

(edited)

To @ specifically, this is Equestria's first expansion.  If there are other ponies there, they are either natives or came from some kingdom that wasn't Equestria.  But, if you wanted to be from our group of settlers, than you could set up a fort really quickly!  And you can have two OCs in, I think Sparkle Sword is also RPing as two characters.  

Other kingdoms.... Wait, that gives me a idea!

What if, on this island, another country has a very small colony there, with a fort like I was saying. They have a small legion there, speak the same language, and are pretty modernized. They have medieval technology, but mixed with some steam punk kind of stuff. Not really steam punk, but they have iron ships with steam engines? 

And this race isn't ponies, but instead....

ThkqONE.jpg

This was just a example, armor not intended, and this isn't the character I plan on using (he's from the comics actually) but... Deer ponies! They live in a country that's most woods and forest, but have been trying to spread their empire a little. They just have a colony on the island, and have no plan on making any more.

How do you like it?

Edited by Star-Lord
  • Brohoof 1

sig-27947.sig-27947.i6UmMWb.png

Click My Sig to check out my OC Professor Annabella

(edited)

Alright, well, my character can be found here: https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/ever-sharp-r8423

As for the reason why they were chosen, I suppose that as an ex-adventurer, the opportunity was too good to pass up. He has plenty to leave behind in Equestria, and a fresh start would be great. Skills wise, being ex-army and an ex-explorer would bring many benefits to new colonists.

Naturally, if you find something wrong with the character I'm more than willing to change them.

Approved!  Ever Sharp is a really well written character, I like the "ex-adventurer" persona a lot, and I think he will fit in extremely well! Thanks for applying!

Other kingdoms.... Wait, that gives me a idea!

What if, on this island, another country has a very small colony there, with a fort like I was saying. They have a small legion there, speak the same language, and are pretty modernized. They have medieval technology, but mixed with some steam punk kind of stuff. Not really steam punk, but they have iron ships with steam engines? 

And this race isn't ponies, but instead....

sig-3846717.ThkqONE.jpg

This was just a example, armor not intended, and this isn't the character I plan on using (he's from the comics actually) but... Deer ponies! They live in a country that's most woods and forest, but have been trying to spread their empire a little. They just have a colony on the island, and have no plan on making any more.

How do you like it?

Okay, I've got to admit, "Deer Pony" is the coolest thing ever.  Maybe the two kingdoms might meet up, and either be friends or enemies.  And maybe the deer haven't discovered the whole island yet, because they got there pretty recently, too!  I'm liking the sound of this...

I'm not sure about the steam punk stuff, though.  We were trying to go for canon equal to the show's, and I think that most everything would be powered by magic, not steam.

I might get some input from the other RPers, would a deer kingdom fit into the canon well?  What about steampunk?

Edited by AspenSwift
  • Brohoof 2

Deer kingdom= awesome

Loving the new government. It's gonna be a lot of fun for me to roleplay Blitz in here. :P Seems I picked the right character.

I edited her backstory a tad. See, when I was developing her character, I came up with a few things first-- and then I totally forgot them later on when I was writing the character page. Finally remembered them and edited. :P

Aspen, Aspen/Blitz can meet up again, or Blitz can come across any one else's OCs. She's free to interact with right now.

• Brohoof 1

Deer kingdom= awesome

Loving the new government. It's gonna be a lot of fun for me to roleplay Blitz in here. :P Seems I picked the right character.

I edited her backstory a tad. See, when I was developing her character, I came up with a few things first-- and then I totally forgot them later on when I was writing the character page. Finally remembered them and edited. :P

Aspen, Aspen/Blitz can meet up again, or Blitz can come across any one else's OCs. She's free to interact with right now.

Sounds good!

• Brohoof 1

soooo about the tree markings pony or non-pony?

I would like a pony as it would leave into the evilized monster thing my character the black robe pony, aka shadow, was talking about......it would be cool if someone had something to do with it

(Also did anyone see the 100th episode and if so pm me what you thought about it for spoiler reasons....)