Was Pinkie Pie born with curly hair?

gyashaa

I was looking at some art with baby Pinkie and saw her with both curly hair and straight hair. So this got me thinking. Was Pinkie born with curly hair (because she was born happy) which straightened out as she grew older (and sadder)? Or was she born with straight hair until the sonic rainboom made it curly? What makes the most sense to you?

http://beavernator.deviantart.com/art/Four-and-Twenty-Blackbirds-Wake-Sleepy-Pies-363826180

four_and_twenty_blackbirds_wake_sleepy_p

http://beavernator.deviantart.com/art/The-Barber-of-Poneville-378051745

the_barber_of_poneville_by_beavernator-d

Edited by gyashaa
  • Brohoof 1

I think Pinkie's mane was completely straight until the Rainboom occurred. I haven't seen anything in the show that makes me believe that Pinkie's mane was curly at any point, then straight, then curly again in her foal years.

In a way, the curliness of Pinkie Pie's mane is an affirmation of her personality: bubbly, fun, and silly. Compare that to Maud: when she came to visit in the aptly-named episode "Maud Pie", her mane was still straight. In "Party of One", Pinkie's mane deflates/straightens out when she realizes that none of her friends are actually showing up at her party. Take away the bubbly silliness of Pinkie Pie, her mane straightens.

Finally, recall Pinkie's flashback in "The Cutie Mark Chronicles". Her family worked on a rock farm, and Pinkie painted the job as gloomy, dark, and depressing. Surprise, straight mane!

Edited by skbl17
  • Brohoof 6

Of course not, I kidnap her every night and dupe her into the dry cleaner. So far, this is my only high paying job.

That doesn't even answer my question... .-.

• Brohoof 3

Ok fine. Let's do it your way: No, Pinkie was not born with curly mane, and you see her curly because I kidnap her every night and dupe her into the dry cleaner. So far, this is my only high paying job.

Is that better?

• Brohoof 4

Ok fine. Let's do it your way: No, Pinkie was not born with curly mane, and you see her curly because I kidnap her every night and dupe her into the dry cleaner. So far, this is my only high paying job.

Is that better?

Ooo. Yes. That makes much more sense. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I think Pinkie's mane was completely straight until the Rainboom occurred. I haven't seen anything in the show that makes me believe that Pinkie's mane was curly at any point, then straight, then curly again in her foal years.

In a way, the curliness of Pinkie Pie's mane is an affirmation of her personality: bubbly, fun, and silly. Compare that to Maud: when she came to visit in the aptly-named episode "Maud Pie", her mane was still straight. In "Party of One", Pinkie's mane deflates/straightens out when she realizes that none of her friends are actually showing up at her party. Take away the bubbly silliness of Pinkie Pie, her mane straightens.

Finally, recall Pinkie's flashback in "The Cutie Mark Chronicles". Her family worked on a rock farm, and Pinkie painted the job as gloomy, dark, and depressing. Surprise, straight mane!

This post explains it best. Pinkie's mane was most likely straight when she was born since that seems to be a rather common trait in her family. Then the Rainboom happened and poof, poofy Pinkie hair.

• Brohoof 2

I'm inclined to agree with everypony else who has answered. Considering she wasn't always a total misfit at the rock farm (just rather gloomy), I have to think she blended in TOO well and was unhappy with that until something clicked in her brain (when the sonic rainboom occurred) and the curly hair is like a physical symptom of what's happening INSIDE her head. Brilliant discussion topic btw! :D :D :D

• Brohoof 1

I'm inclined to agree with everypony else who has answered. Considering she wasn't always a total misfit at the rock farm (just rather gloomy), I have to think she blended in TOO well and was unhappy with that until something clicked in her brain (when the sonic rainboom occurred) and the curly hair is like a physical symptom of what's happening INSIDE her head. Brilliant discussion topic btw! :D :D :D

Yay! Thankies! :D I'm glad to hear it. :)

She was born with flat and straight hair. 

According to her in the cutie mark chronicles, when she was just about done shifting rocks on her rock farm one day, there was an explosion (which turned out to be filly Rainbow Dash's sonic rainboom) blew a gust of wind so hard that it poofled her mane into the curly state.

Edited by C. Thunder Dash