Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Getting Game Idea's Noticed

Lyme Soundstick

SO, I've been putting ideas down for an adventure game. I'm not kinda near the end of notes end but I'm not entirely sure I have  everything that I should note. I have the basics of scenes and main characters but I don't know what else. Also I'm not sure how I COULD get it noticed. It's preferably walking dead style game play but it works with that style and adventure style. I said could 'cause I'm not sure if it'd be worth it, self confidence 'n such.

Edited by Lyme Soundstick

What do you mean exactly? Get it noticed by real game companies? Thats what you mean?

You would have better chances if you would take videogame design as a job and would actually work for a company.

I dont think that companies would just take an idea from a random person because they often just discuss and have to look whats best for their company.And taking a random idea from the internet would get them a bad reception i guess  :lol:

I mean, you could send companies your ideas...but i dont think that much would happen. You can try it though.

Or maybe look out for a contest on the internet, in which you can sent in some ideas..but i dont know if something like that even exists.

If your just looking for normal forum developers here, you should start a topic in octavias hall.But it will be difficult to find someone that would make a game for you..specially when it has to look like the walking dead  :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

I have the basics of scenes and main characters but I don't know what else. Also I'm not sure how I COULD get it noticed. It's preferably walking dead style but it works with that style and adventure style.

Tip for getting ideas noticed: flesh out your idea first. Make it something that people WANT to work with. If I asked ten game devs to each make me a game with a bear in it in the style of a Nintendo game, I would get ten very, VERY different games. The more meat your idea has to it, the more likely it is to be noticed for a variety of reasons.

In addition, be active in game dev communities. Make friends and contacts. Through my time in this fandom I've met a variety of artists, musicians, game devs, etc. At some point I've called in a favor with each of these people and gotten some cool stuff (songs, art, games, etc.)

Edited by Kolth
  • Brohoof 1