open Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) -RP-

J.R.

@@J.R.

Twilight ceased bucking clouds, and her head snapped towards him. "You don't know?" she asked, mouth and eyes agape. "Today's the day I've been waiting for an entire year. It's a day or triumph, of excitement of victory, or grueling competition. How could you have possibly not know about today? Hasn't somone told you?" By now Twilight was on top of him, her muzzle no more than a few inches from his, and her legs spraled in all four opposite directions. 

@@Tacoma,
​Electron ran all the current events through his mind that had been set up within the schedule. There was only one in particular he could think of that the princess could be talking about. "Oh yeah. Some kind of reader event...thing. It was on my schedule." ​He blinked. The closeness of the princess made him a tad uncomfortable. Not due to 'Oh gawd it's princess she's so close.' No. Because she was violating his space. His eyes narrowed at her, ​"Sheesh, you'd assume we were in a sappy romantic comedy."

​With that, Electron slid out from under Twilight and began moving clouds. ​"Here ya go, lucky gurl." ​he joked, but didn't really laugh. It was a terrible joke and didn't seem to react to it. ​"Won't take long to have these puffballs out of the way. Have some patience, eh?"

(edited)

From outside of Bangcolt, a lone stallion approached the front gates. On his back, he had a katana, resting in its sheath. On his right side, a rather large revolver was nestled in its holster. A combination of East and West, he called it, symbolizing the journey he had made in the pursuit of mastering all kinds of fighting styles. It showed how he had circled the world to increase his combat prowess, to hone his skills...

And now, his journey had led him here. Bangcolt. He looked at the place. Seemed to be pretty huge. He smiled to himself.

"Hm," he said, looking up as he neared the gates. "I wonder what I'll learn from here?"

Edited by The Sad Manikin Mask

(edited)

As Raze looked around, he saw another pony in the distance, a blue stallion. From the looks of it, he seemed to have just gotten here as well.

Well, he thought. Might as well try to get to know someone.

"Excuse me!" Raze said, slowly approaching the stallion. "You trying to find your way around too?"

@

Copper suddenly turned around at the sound of somepony coming up to him.  He had to keep his guard up for anything that would give him trouble, and this new guy was no different.

He nodded at the pony in question.  "Yeah, I am.  Name's Copper.  And you are?"  He at least had to get a name out of this one, because if he got in trouble, he would have backup if needed.

(edited)

Raze stopped a foot or two away from him. "I'm Raze. A pleasure to meet ya." He made a slight nod with his head. He looked around, now that he had gotten past the front gates, then looking at Copper.

Seems alright. He's giving off a wave of uneasiness though; must be on the lookout for shady folk. he thought.

"So, what brings you here to a place like this?" he said to him.

@

Copper shrugged as he spoke, confidence, but still with a little .  "A little fighting action, that's all.  Lookin' for somepony that can match me hoof for hoof.  I'm particularly dangerous when they make me mad.  Let's just say I'm a super pony, and we'll leave it at that."

He wanted to be as honest as he could be to nice ponies, and this Raze seemed to be as nice as he was.  He looked around if anyone was eavesdropping, and said, when he looked back at Raze, "To be real honest, I kinda like fighting.  I'm getting bored, and I want some action basically anywhere."

(edited)

"Well," Raze said, smiling slightly. "You seem pretty eager to get your hands on some action. However, I'd be careful if I were you. Don't be too eager to hop into any fight just cuz you're bored. You might just find yourself in an undesirable situation..."

He kept analyzing Copper, silently observing his movements and the way he talked.

Powerful when's he's mad, eh? he thought. Sounds like something straight out of a comic book or something... what's he playin' at...?

"Can't say I'm here for the same reason, though," he said to Copper. "I'm a traveling sellsword. On my off time I head to different places and learn new things, sharpen my skills. Heard about this place while passing through, and I thought I'd check it out."

@

Copper nodded casually at Raze for his comment.  "I'll keep it in mind while I fight."

He seemed intrigued about the other pony being a traveler.  "A travelling sellsword?  Sounds interesting.  I'd be wary about this place if I were you, though.  From what I've learned from the guards this place is kind of a madhouse.  Ponies beat up on other ponies, looking like they're the superior ones, basically from the street, like trying to claim their ownership of this place.  It's best not to try to teach them a lesson, the guards say you'd have to be some kind of freak to do so."

Raze listened to everything Copper had to say, then smirked.

"Hmph," he said. "That's exactly why I came here. Who knows what sort of different fighting styles I'll learn from here?" He smiled at the though of it. " Besides, I've been pretty much everywhere you can think of. Nothing surprises me anymore... but I'll remember what you said. Thanks for the advice." He gave a friendly smile to Copper.

"Well, no use standing around here. Whaddya say we look around a bit, see what there is to explore?" He stretched his hooves out. "Or maybe... since you seem so eager, why not challenge me to a little friendly match, eh?"

@

Copper nodded at Raze's first statement.  "I see.  Must be fun isn't it?"

He then smiled widely at him for challenging him.  He hadn't fought before, but he knew some basic moves, and implementing his Spin Dash would be a vital key to victory for him.  "Alright.  I accept your challenge.  However, I think there has to be an arena for us so that we can fight in."

"Hmm," Raze said, looking for a good place to go. He then spotted a poster on a nearby wall of a building.

"'For honor! For glory! Or simply just for the heck of it!'" Raze read aloud. "'Whatever your reason may be, if you want to fight, the Arena's the place to go! Located at the heart of the city.'" He looked in front of him and saw a large colosseum-type building towering over the rest of the city.

"Well, I guess that's where we go," he said to Copper. "Let's get to it."

@

Copper also read the message that Raze found, more to himself than aloud.  Seemed that he was right about being here, and there was entertainment after all.  He nodded at the stallion and kept pace with him to the arena.  "Wish you the best of luck in our battle, Raze."

"Same to you," Raze said with a smile, as they both walked towards the Arena. Within a few minutes, they reached it, and went through the entrance. Inside, there was a lobby and a front desk with one person manning it, along with a bunch of screens above it. Raze approached the pony at the desk.

"We'd like to sign up for a match, please," he said to the receptionist. She looked at both of them.

"Alright then. Are you looking for a particular place to fight?" she asked them.

"I'd prefer a regular, open platform. No tricks." He said to her. He looked at Copper. "How about you?"

(edited)

Caliber snickered at her indecisiveness--something about it was funny. Deciding that Mage's Paradise would indeed be fair, after all, it'd be better then an iron field. Not to mention how it'd be a reasonable amount of steel to work with. He walked over to the pony who was currently putting in digits. 

"Mage's Paradise, give a few extra orbs of steel." He muttered. The pony nodded, and went back to programming the arena. 

Looking back at Lektra, he tightened his sheath's strap, with a small grin. "There'll be enough metal for you to work with, don't worry. Oh, and try not to go easy on me..." 

The doors opened...

I really hoped I wouldn't regret this. I was rusty since being away from fighting for a while, unintended metal puns not withstanding. Sparky went to hide in among the stands with my siblings watching, staying out of the way but still nearby. Speed Bolt and Flash Bolt had gotten refreshments and were in the front row cheering for me occasionally.

I jumped to one of the larger steel orbs nearest to ground level and made a flat floating platform out of it, moving 5 feet off the ground. Reaching out for a larger steel orb, I broke it up into beautiful but intentionally painful shrapnel to orbit around me. Reaching out for a lightning orb I solidified the lightning and then made six katanas out of hard lightning float around, sending a pair to attack Caliber with deft slashes to see how prepared he was.

I was feeling exactly how much metal was in the area. Acceptable. Might even be too much, actually. This was a good start though.

"Okay, then, follow me." Moondancer gave a short nod, before stepping back, leaving the door open for Chrysalis to enter. She shut it once she had, then looked down the halls before moving, Talon clinging to her mane all the while. "It's not a long walk." She muttered, over her shoulder.

"But do be certain not to touch anything. Or enter any rooms without explicit permission. Or attack any guests. I think you'll find there are eyes everywhere." Talon gave a huff and a small grin, as he rode along with Moondancer. 

Chrissy nodded to their odd choice of words, but did not say anything further. It was almost insulting, really.

Some kind of shadow that was hard to make out darted in after them just as Chrissy was following Moondancer, before the door was closed. "Highness, glad I found you. Why are you visiting the Princesses again?" It was Kevin's voice. The young one, back at her side.

She turned around, staring at his Unicorn colt disguise with narrowed eyes. He was white colored like her, with green mane/tail, and a pair of goggles on his head. "You shouldn't have done that Kevin. I'm not sure if you're allowed here, and I haven't visited them for a long time. Haven't seen Celestia since that shadow world incident." She looked at him disappointed with what he had done. The attendant already barely trusted her, and this would probably complicate things.

Kevin looked as confused with what she said as she was with what he said, but otherwise said nothing else. Was he going to get thrown out?

Edited by bronislav84

I really hoped I wouldn't regret this. I was rusty since being away from fighting for a while, unintended metal puns not withstanding. Sparky went to hide in among the stands with my siblings watching, staying out of the way but still nearby. Speed Bolt and Flash Bolt had gotten refreshments and were in the front row cheering for me occasionally.

I jumped to one of the larger steel orbs nearest to ground level and made a flat floating platform out of it, moving 5 feet off the ground. Reaching out for a larger steel orb, I broke it up into beautiful but intentionally painful shrapnel to orbit around me. Reaching out for a lightning orb I solidified the lightning and then made six katanas out of hard lightning float around, sending a pair to attack Caliber with deft slashes to see how prepared he was.

Caliber had strolled in, nonchalantly, as if he was only heading towards the local connivance store. Whistling as he walked, taking in the sight of the arena, he marveled as the mass number of different elements. Even some...Purplish-black...Stuff he couldn't identify. Truly a beautiful place...Too bad they had to possibly destroy it. Starting a rather routine stretching exercise, he started getting ready to fight...

...Glancing at Lektra, who had already made a steel platform at this point, he frowned. Rising in the air like that...That would be a problem to him. He narrowed his eyes further, at the shrapnel swirling around her. Additional problem. Not something a melee fighter like himself looked forward to, but...

He shrugged. he was sure he could manage. but noting her molding the electricity did seem to really put a damper on his mood.

"Electricity...Ugh, I hate the stuff..." He muttered, unsheathing his sword, beginning a slow walk towards Lektra, "my sword always ends up like a lightning rod..."

But it was at this point, did he show a positive reaction. Walking confidently towards the platform, as the swords came at him...It was clear the lust for battle had started to burn in his eyes, with his snarky grin seeming to reach all the way across the arena, to look at Lektra dead in the eyes.

An unspoken promise, to land at least one hit...

The swords began swift attacks, slashing this way and that, but through the same pace as he had been demonstrating thus far, surprisingly, he began to dodge the electrified weapons with ease. Weaving in, and out, as he advanced towards Lektra. 

'What, did she think that I cant handle some rookie swordplay?' He vaguely wondered to himself, shifting to the right to avoid another attack, 'doesn't matter how fast the attacks are--if I can predict it, dodging it becomes even easier...'

---

'Interesting magic...' Rune remarked to himself, 'the way she infused her signature energy into the steel just now...That's not something you see every day. Something that would prove...'

He started to write notes, in his book.

'...Useful to learn, myself. If I can crack exactly how it works, that is...'

@

Copper didn't mind that he was going to fight Raze, being that he was the first opponent.  He looked happy now, but soon he was about to put on a game face that he never thought he put on.  He nodded at Raze when he asked about the platform recommended.  "I'm game with that kind of arena."

(edited)

@bronislav84@P-Jay

"Alright then," Raze said to Copper. He looked up at the screens. One of them was showing a fight going on in the arena. The camera closed in on one of the fighters, a grey stallion swinging around dual swords in a calm manner, dodging what appeared to be lightning katanas being thrown at him.

"Hm," Raze said. Interesting style. Looks like he's seen his fair share of fights... he thought.

The camera then turned to the one throwing them at him, a yellow unicorn mare that was manipulating the metal around her.

Using the environment to her advantage... seems like she also uses magic as well. He took a closer look at the screen.

Huh... she's pretty cute.

Raze looked back at the receptionist. "So, where do we go now?"

She pointed at a pair of double doors at the end of the room. "Through there." She pressed a button, and the doors opened.

Raze looked at Copper. "After you."

((OOC: Just letting you know Raze is watching :P))

@

Copper also watched the screens of some of the fighters.  He looked rather interested in the fighting, but he cleared the thought out of his head.  It was time for him to do battle.  He smiled at the stallion for letting him in first, nodding before trotting in through the doors.

The arena was just as advertised.  A regular platform-like arena without any tricks.  He took his position at the opposite end of the side of the arena, and started stretching, remembering to keep a serious expression at all times.

Raze entered the arena after him, then stopped at the other end away from Copper. He saw that his opponent was stretching and preparing for the battle. Raze took out his katana, and examined it. He sharpened the blade before he left for Bangcolt, so he didn't need to do that now. Putting it away, he then unholstered his revolver, checking the chamber. Fully loaded, with plenty more bullets in his bullet pouch.

Six shots, he thought, putting it away. More than enough to take down anything that moves.

He looked at his waist, where he had his weapon belt on him. Attached to it were three magic sand grenades, which he made himself, learning from a magic weaponsmith in Appleloosa. They would be useful in emergency situations.

All set, he thought, calmly observing Copper.

@,

As he stretched, Copper studied his opponent.  He saw that Raze had a katana and a revolver, and he pursed his lips.  He had to be fast and careful once the fight started.  He decided to go with a passive approach, hoping that he could attack when there's an opening.  when he was done stretching, he got himself in a ready position and said to Raze, "Ready when you are."

(edited)

Raze nodded with a smile, still maintaining his casual stance. From behind him, the doors slowly began to close. Raze, still smiling, took a deep breath and closed his eyes, focusing.

When he heard the doors shut, his opened his eyes, and the smile on his face quickly turned to a look of seriousness.

He quickly unholstered his revolver with a twirl, aiming it at Copper and quickly fanning it, unloading the entire contents of the chamber and letting lose a flurry of bullets at his location.

@

Looked like passiveness was out of the question.

As soon as he saw the bullets flying, he Spin Dashed so quickly that there was little time to think of a strategy.  He stopped spinning and charged a Spin Dash at full power before unleashing it at Raze, hoping to get up close and personal, knowing there was a katana there.

Raze quickly reloaded his gun, and holstered it. He saw Copper quickly rolling towards him.

"What the..." he slowly said to himself, surprised at this... technique.

"Whatever. I've got you right where I want you..." he said quietly, slowly reaching behind his weapon belt. He snatched a sand grenade from it just as Copper was about to reach him. He lobbed it in the air in front of Copper while doing a quick spin step backwards, twirling his revolver and shooting it. The grenade shell was made of glass, and when the bullet hit the grenade, it exploded, sending shards everywhere. The sand inside flew everywhere; the sand itself magically modified to be like a small individual piece of shrapnel that could tear through armor and seriously injure someone.