Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How related are Dan Vs and MLP?

SteveMorison

The only major similarity between them is that both air on Discovery Family, yet crossover art between the two shows seems frequent and i've heard suggestions there should actually be a crossover between the two shows. I think this would be very difficult to pull off as the two shows have very different tones, would most likely leave some parents of MLP children concerned and leave Dan Vs fans who aren't bronies confused or underwhelmed. There have been commercials simultaneously advertising both shows and I've heard one passing comment mention that the Hub originally wanted the two shows in the same universe.

• Brohoof 1

After some research, yeah, it does appear to be entirely fanmade.  I honestly wasn't certain until now.

All of Dan's dialog in the videos was ripped directly from the show and the animation style is exactly the same so it seemed to be a legit crossover.

Does this mean the Dan Vs. animation assets were also leaked?

Edited by J. Brony

After some research, yeah, it does appear to be entirely fanmade. I honestly wasn't certain until now.

All of Dan's dialog in the videos was ripped directly from the show and the animation style is exactly the same so it seemed to be a legit crossover.

Does this mean the Dan Vs. animation assets were also leaked?

The concept of an angry scrub like Dan living amongst happy fluffy ponies is very entertaining. Ever seen the Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing on Rainbows animation?
  • Brohoof 1

I'm a huge Fluffle Puff fan so yeah, I've seen all of the vids. Oddly enough, I've never seen a single episode of Dan Vs. though.

Would definitely recommend. As I said it's a very different tone to MLP, alot more sinister but hilarious.

As this topic doesn't directly have to do with the Friendship is Magic universe, but rather two different shows, I have moved it to a more appropriate section, the Sugarcube Corner where you can discuss how relatable the elements of both shows are :)

• Brohoof 1

I would love to either see the mane 6 in Dan's world or Dan ponified into equestria :P

I remember in 5th grade telling someone about how awesome MLP is and saying it was my favorite show. And this guy was like in 8th grade and huger than me and stuff he was like "Yeah I have seen it on the hub but I didn't really focus on it much. Now that I know you I might watch it. But have you ever seen the show "Dan vs"?" He explained to me what it was and I recognized it thanks to flufflepuff tales XD I haven't seen Dan vs. in FOREVER I need to watch it again.