If Lauren Faust came back, would you want the Fausticorn to be canon?

KillerKingBakudan

I'm not sure what Lauren is currently working on, but I do remember her saying at a panel that she'd like to go back to MLP if given the opportunity. Let's assume she actually did while DHX was still rolling out new seasons, and one of the writers suggested they put her in an actual episode as the Fausticorn to celebrate. She could even do her own voice. 

Of course, they'd still need to give her a more Equestrian-sounding name for it to make sense, but it still makes for some interesting possibilities. All the ponies look up to Celestia like she's god. She wasn't born a princess though, so surely she would have needed her own idol. Who better than the ponified version of the show's creator? 

Her popularity is just dumbfounding for a pony that doesn't officially exist. I wouldn't mind. It could be the next best thing since Slice of Life.

Edited by Lord-Pomegranate

In a lot of fanart, the Fausticorn is represented as Celestia's and Luna's mother.  So if she were to appear in the show as a canon character, I think that'd probably be the best role for her to play.

No thanks. I think that ship has sailed at this point, and I would rather have the show make its own unique characters to fill such a role than to do one inspired Faust, No offense to Faust and what she did to get this show running but something like this now would feel rather jarring at this point

Edited by UnknownFry

At this point, she dosen't deserve to come back.

Yes. 100% yes. All of my yes.

Faust has proven to be rather... Unprofessional to say the least. She needs to stay gone and bronies need to stop trying to pull her back in, she's gone, she's staying gone. She could not embrace change or the franchise expanding, so I see no reason for Hasbro to regret letting her go.

What do you mean?

Her passive agressiveness over the last few years, towards the whole show is really bothering me and ever since her panel at EQLA, where she was whining and complaining how we are supposed have forgotten her, finally proved to me that she's salty and unprofessional as hell.

• Brohoof 3

Her passive agressiveness over the last few years, towards the whole show is really bothering me and ever since her panel at EQLA, where she was whining and complaining how we are supposed have forgotten her, finally proved to me that she salty and unprofessional as hell.

Wow, I didn't know about that :ooh: If it's true, then you're right, it would be better if she stays away from the show

• Brohoof 1

Wow, I didn't know about that :ooh: If it's true, then you're right, it would be better if she stays away from the show

Likewise as she's been losing alot of respect from me with her behavior towards the show post S2 (especially with the EQG that only made that fandom's initial vitriol hate for it worse) and a few other things, including her whining at the EQLA panel. I respect her for her work on FIM and for bringing us all here together for the show, but I wouldn't want her back considering how far the series has gone without her (they've said they stopped using Lauren's show bible for how vastly different the show has become) and I can't imagine Hasbro would be pleased to even think of bringing her back in considering her passive aggressiveness towards them after her departure.

• Brohoof 5

Her passive agressiveness over the last few years, towards the whole show is really bothering me and ever since her panel at EQLA, where she was whining and complaining how we are supposed have forgotten her, finally proved to me that she's salty and unprofessional as hell.

You better dont put all these guys on a pedestal in general. Didnt the Rarity voice actress thought of bronies as freaks at the Start? Maybe she still thinks so. And i don t want to know what Tara Strong or Larson really thinks of us.

You better dont put all these guys on a pedestal in general. Didnt the Rarity voice actress thought of bronies as freaks at the Start? Maybe she still thinks so. And i don t want to know what Tara Strong or Larson really thinks of us.

Did i say that i put any of them on a pedestal? Would it make Laurens actions look better, if they still think like that?

Besides, Strong and Larson seem to be cool with us.

Did i say that i put any of them on a pedestal? Would it make Laurens actions look better, if they still think like that?

Besides, Strong and Larson seem to be cool with us.

No, you didnt. I just went offtopic and dont believe them that easy. Thats all. ;-)

Well, shit. I had no idea people lost respect for her. I never noticed her acting that way in any convention footage post S2, and last I checked, she's been signing more of Whitedove's Fausticorn plushes. She even offered to help redesign Fighting is Magic after Hasbro slapped the developers with a C&D. I'm gonna look for some of her whining sessions; sounds really intriguing.

I don't think I've been this shocked by any drop in public image since Donald Trump carelessly showed the world what a racist prick he is.

I don't think I've been this shocked by any drop in public image since Donald Trump carelessly showed the world what a racist prick he is.

And yet people STILL are clamoring to vote for him....

Anyways, I don't think people overall have lost respect for her, you go on alot of others sites and you'll see nothing but praise for her. Just different sites can have different opinions (I know ponychan is very pro faust)

It's a cute headcanon to imagine her as a "god-like" figure for the world of Equestria, but otherwise the ship has set sail for her a while ago

Lauren Faust whining? I'm rather curious. Are there any videos showing that (and thoughts on post S2 stuff)?

I don't know about the video, but I do remember a few panels written up on a few pony news sites(I believe EQD was one of them). I'd post links, but I'm too tired and lazy to do it right now

To be honest though, if they ever were to show a creator being for the universe, I'd like a large fausticorn with six wings myself, kind of just a nod to her.

Lauren Faust whining? I'm rather curious. Are there any videos showing that (and thoughts on post S2 stuff)?

At a panel where she was attending she said she felt really sad that she felt like fans didn't miss her and that she felt forgotten. (followed by thunderous fan applause to the contrary)

That might be it.

No. I hate Fausticorn. And adding the creator of the show in the show as a 'supreme' goddess would just be such a 'jump the shark' moment.

Also this.

• Brohoof 1

No. MLP is a better series with her gone and I hate Fausticorn because it applies that she is the only reason mlp is good which isn't true in any way. She so passive aggressive about mlp now that bringing her back would just be a major mistake. 

Edited by CookieK
  • Brohoof 2

I don't know what people mean when they say Faust appears bitter about the show/franchise, but I would say that she shouldn't get back on the show because it's too different from what she planned out. She might try to undo several major events, or her lack of passion will be too apparent if she's forced to go along with the current product.

• Brohoof 2