Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web Are IE browsers a security risk to your PC?

Mez

Yes. Since the most security flaws exploits are developed for IE, it is a huge security risk. Couple that with the fact that Microsoft is no longer supporting the browser so it's NOT getting updates which means more security holes will be found and not fixed.

Yes. Since the most security flaws exploits are developed for IE, it is a huge security risk. Couple that with the fact that Microsoft is no longer supporting the browser so it's NOT getting updates which means more security holes will be found and not fixed.

Alright then, i'll get another browser.

How stable is it? I don't DL Browsers unless I know they're stable.

Chrome is stable, just hogs shit. Firefox is pretty stable from my time using it many years ago XD

• Brohoof 1

I got a new PC (had a netbook before, got ransomware on it) and I used IE for a while before it basically broke, then I went to Torch which is like a shitty version of Chrome, but it worked well cause chrome broke for ages. Torch eventually went shit and I can't be bothered to install firefox XD so chrome it is

• Brohoof 1

Chrome is good but does eat up a bit of resources, but unless you've got an older computer you won't really notice it. Firefox is also great, though I should probably mention that during the time I used it back in 2013 it would constantly cause my computer to BSOD for no reason. I thought my computer was done for, though eventually I figured out that the crashes only happened when Firefox was open; I instantly switched to Chrome. That issue's probably fixed now, though! So don't worry about it ^^

I'd advise you to try both and see which one you like better.

BSOD? What's that mean? I've never heard of that term.

It stands for Blue Screen of Death, and it's basically when your computer completely crashes and you see something like this on your screen:

Windows_9X_BSOD.png

Love the avatar, by the way! ^^

It stands for Blue Screen of Death, and it's basically when your computer completely crashes and you see something like this on your screen:

Windows_9X_BSOD.png

Love the avatar, by the way! ^^

It's not my creation, but I just love it.