Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Discordian Era

Pucksterv

Lilac sat comfortably with a drink of coffee. She was also reviewing her science notes, and she thought about what the experiment was. Alchemy? No, that might be too plain vanilla, she thought. After all, she stayed up all night to study. It might not be a test, she thought. Is there a reason why I didn't sleep last night? She kept thinking. She had traveled all the way to Twilight's castle from Canterlot in Celestia's castle. "Damn, I should've rode with Celestia." She muttered. "I've decided to take a break." She said, as she closed the book and put it away. "May I have some tea?" Lilac politely asked.

Shining got another muffin from the kitchen and then followed Spike. As they were walking, he smelled the tea that Sappy was taking with him "I'll take a cup of Earl Grey, if you don't mind." He says a bit more like a statement than a question. He see's another random hole in the wall, and decides to walk up to this one, though not head on. He peers insidee the hole, though he doesn't see anything. He turns around to follow the group, when suddenly another random confetti cannon goes off "PINKIE!" He yells as sets off another confetti cannon. He rejoins the group somewhat covered in confetti, and a party hat on his head. "I'll get you for this, Pinkie Pie..." He mumbles to himself.

Edited by ~ Akatsuki ~

Itiri noticed that one of the stallions started trotting beside her, she turned her head and smiled at him "Yeah I'd be lying if I said I wasn't very excited! I just hope it has something to do with magic" she giggled as her horn and the symbols on her cloak started glowing again, a little bit of static electricity sparkled to life around her horn "magic spells, are definitely my biggest interest. I myself tend to be best with elemental ones"

She turned around cancelling the spell as she turned around when she heard a bang, very similar to one she had heard before, only to see Shining being covered in confetti and wearing a party hat. She chuckled and grinned at him, "The hat suits you!"

Cyberhooves looked behind at the 'bang' and turned around to see Shining covered in confetti. He laughed to himself. "Itiri's right. The hat looks great." He laughed even harder. He turned and looked at Itiri. "Where were we.... oh, yes. I can see that you're into magic. I am too, being a unicorn. But my true passion is with technology. Hence, I got my Cutie Mark. I was also wondering how and when your Cutie Mark got on your flank?"

Edited by JetGamma

Shining gave Cyberhooves and Itiri an irritated glare. He shrugs off all the confetti and the party hat. Overhearing the two ponies' conversation, he decides to throw himself into it "If you're interested in Magic and Science, then you should visit my research lab sometime. Best equipment in the world, as I built it myself. Dr. Whooves comes by regularly to use my Carbon Converter quite often. Though mostly for his own delight than research, I think. And having created a few spells myself through research of Cutie Marks, I'm sure I could teach you two a few new things. Though I don't suspect you'd be willing to read an 200 page instruction manual on the equipment, or the 50 page instructions for the spells." He said a little too fast for his own taste.

Shining gave Cyberhooves and Itiri an irritated glare. He shrugs off all the confetti and the party hat. Overhearing the two ponies' conversation, he decides to throw himself into it "If you're interested in Magic and Science, then you should visit my research lab sometime. Best equipment in the world, as I built it myself. Dr. Whooves comes by regularly to use my Carbon Converter quite often. Though mostly for his own delight than research, I think. And having created a few spells myself through research of Cutie Marks, I'm sure I could teach you two a few new things. Though I don't suspect you'd be willing to read an 200 page instruction manual on the equipment, or the 50 page instructions for the spells." He said a little too fast for his own taste.

Cyberhooves looked interested. "That sounds really cool. I'm obviously a fan of technology. I'd have to check it out sometime, maybe when this experiment is over. I also find it interesting that The Doctor comes to your lab, he's famous for his technology. How well do you know him personally?"

Cyberhooves looked interested. "That sounds really cool. I'm obviously a fan of technology. I'd have to check it out sometime, maybe when this experiment is over. I also find it interesting that The Doctor comes to your lab, he's famous for his technology. How well do you know him personally?"

Shining ran some numbers in his mind "I haven't actually gotten to know him. We don't speak very often, and when we do, it's usually about research. My research lab is open to the general public, so anypony could go in and out as they pleased, as long as they didn't steal anything. But I don't think Celestia would like it if I were to have ponies constantly roaming the castle, so I try to keep the invitations down to a minimum." He answers. Having said this, Shining tries to remember how many ponies have actually visited his lab. Vinyl's been by a couple times... So has Octavia. Twilight, Celestia, Discord, Dr. Whooves, Spike... And that's about it... He then decides that after Twilight's experiment, he's going to spread the word of his lab more. Should be interesting to see how mad Celestia gets.

Shining ran some numbers in his mind "I haven't actually gotten to know him. We don't speak very often, and when we do, it's usually about research. My research lab is open to the general public, so anypony could go in and out as they pleased, as long as they didn't steal anything. But I don't think Celestia would like it if I were to have ponies constantly roaming the castle, so I try to keep the invitations down to a minimum." He answers. Having said this, Shining tries to remember how many ponies have actually visited his lab. Vinyl's been by a couple times... So has Octavia. Twilight, Celestia, Discord, Dr. Whooves, Spike... And that's about it... He then decides that after Twilight's experiment, he's going to spread the word of his lab more. Should be interesting to see how mad Celestia gets.

"Does that mean I am not allowed in, or did you invite me? I can't tell." He looked confused, yet eager. He wanted to see the lab, and it was obvious that he did. All that technology... he couldn't help from wanting to see it all. There's so much that I want to do as of now. This experiment, his lab... it's all amazing.

''Excuse me.'' Spike gave a small couch. When the ponies kept on talking, he raised his voice. "Excuse me!'' The ponies turned their heads, looking at Spike with a little confusion. "Chatter time comes later, we're here.'' He said as he opened the door towards Twilight's lab. In the middle stood Twilight, looking at a crystal bowl standing on a socket she had put down in the center of the room. She was write notes on a notepad floating beside her. She was wearing a white lab coat over her own and some very nerdy but classy glasses as well. ''Uhm... Twilight? We're here.''

Twilight snapped out of her concentration to look at the group of ponies standing outside the door. "Oh yes, sorry. Hi everypony. I assume you're all excited about today. If you would like to come inside and sit down I'll be happy to explain what I've planned for today.'' She said with a friendly smile.

Shining walked in and sat down. He would look around, but he's been to Twilight's lab quite a few times already. Besides, his own lab has way more machines, and things to enhance ponies. "This better be worth being shot by three party cannons." He grunted to Twilight.

Cyberhooves entered. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Your Royal Highness." He bowed and then got up, walking around the room. Cyberhooves observed all of the machines and concoctions. "What is this 'experiment' I've volunteered for? A spell? A machine? We of course haven't been informed that much."

Edited by JetGamma

Itiri smiled at shining, "when I have time I might get to visiting it sometime. Sounds rather interesting." She wanted to say more but was interrupted by Spike asking for their attention. She tilted her head as she looked at him.

When the dragon opened the door, she couldn't help but to squee a bit. There she was, the element of magic! She bowed down her head "It's an honor princess" She walked in and sat down curious as to what Twilight was about to tell them.

"Hi Twilight." Lilac said. She gave a slight smile at Twilight, then she began studying and ignored most of the noise. "Don't snob her, Lilac." She muttered to herself. Lilac wanted to begin now. She's not being impatient. She wa sexcited to meet Twilight and whatever the experiment is, she knew it'll be exciting. Lilac tried to control her anxiety and just waited patiently for Twilight to begin.

Edited by Starlie Rosa

Sappy tipped his hat "Greetings princess Twilight. It's a pleasure to meet you" Said. A polite smile on his face. He looked around "This is quite the labratory, it makes me even more curious." He took a sip of the tea "So if you don't mind Ms Sparkle. What is this experiment about?

Royal Highness? Princess? Honor meeting me? A small blush fell upon her face. ''P-please just call me Twilight if you may. I-I'm still not use to the title nor does the title fit me that well. Please...just Twilight is fine.'' she said humbly. ''Oh and I'm sorry about the party cannons Shining. Pinkie Pie promised me to get them all out as soon as possible as I myself have trouble finding them.''

She stood there a little awkward in silence for a moment before snapping out her thoughts again. "So, the experiment, sit down and I'll explain. And if you want, there is more tea coming, right spike?''

''Huh?" The dragon looked at Twilight with a little confusion at the mention of his name.

"Spike. Tea.'' She said between her teeth.

''Oh yes, right. On my way.'' He said a little embarrassed before his tiny feet made his way out of the door.

• Brohoof 1

Cyberhooves took a seat like Twilight said, and made a mental note to call her Twilight. "Alright, let's hear what this 'experiment' is. I'm sure we're all certainly curious," He said as he looked at the other ponies. "Is it related to magic? Technology? Tell us all about it."

Itiri sat down and tilted her head curious to what the princess might be going to say. "More tea..." She thought shaking her head "If only I had a way to brew coffee right now.."

But in the end she accepted that she would probably not get her cup of coffee for the day and concentrated on Twilight again. "Please please,... let it be magic.." She mumbled softly

''Okay, now that you're all here, lets begin. So my name is Twilight Sparkle, as you all know. And I was looking for a few volunteers, five exact actually, to help me with a new spell I've been developing for the past year. My idea was to create a Time Traveling spell that can transport multiple ponies at once through time. First it was just an idea but now, after months of research, I'm glad to announce it's ready for testing! So.. any more questions?''

''Well, I do.'' The tiny purple dragon said as he put down the teapot onto the table. "How exactly does it work? I  mean, you've explained it to me many times and I still don't get it.''

''To explain it in the most simple way possible, I found a way of rewriting and adding things to StarSwirl's spell. I can transfer my magic into the glass ball in the middle., what will then increase the magic's power and divide it over each pony. This way, the pony casting the spell, in this case that would be me, won't get tired out . Still I haven't found a way to make this spell easy enough for the average magic user. That's why I'm testing it out now.'' Twilight said excited

• Brohoof 1

A grin formed on Shining's face. After he realized he was grinning, his expression quickly changed back to neutral "If you'd told me you needed some help with a spell, I would've gladly assisted you. Or do you not remember that magic, physics, and technology are my three specialties? I don't have 7 college degree's for nothing, you know. But nonetheless, it does seem interesting. Do you have a particular time you'd want to send us to? I have my journal with me, so I'll be able to take notes on the time you send us to. And during the 'warp' I'll try and concentrate on my surroundings to see if there are any holes, and such. I've tested time spells on myself a few times, and there were holes that I almost got sucked through, which would've been extremely bad." He says as he takes out his journal. He also takes out a small metal sphere with a blue button on it. "Oh, and since you're the one casting the spell, use this." He rolls the metal sphere to Twilight "It'll shorten the time for the spell to process, so it doesn't take as long for us to get warped."

• Brohoof 1

''I've set the time to 20 minutes into the future, this way we won't mess up any timeline when we travel through time and we won't miss much in those minutes either. After all, the spell is still in its testing phase. We don't want to end up in a totally different time with no guarantee of traveling back, now do we?'' Twilight said with a nervous laugh as she picked up the metal sphere from the ground. "Thanks for this by the way, it will make the testing a lot easier.''

''Can we just start or what?'' Spike said impatient.

''I'm sorry Spike but you'll have to stand back.''

"'Wwhat? Why?'' the dragon asked with disappointment.

"I'll explain later alright, just stand back for now.'' Twilight said as she padded the dragon's head. "Now, if you would all gather around the crystal ball in a circle, we can begin.''

• Brohoof 1

Shining stood up and walked over to the crystal ball. He looked it over a few times, scanning it with his magic, just to see what exactly it was. After giving it a good look over, he took a position about 1 and a half feet away from it, and stood facing it. "20 minutes in the future, huh? Doesn't seem very interesting. Send us somewhere fun, like the times of Starswirl. Oh that really would be fun. I'd love to see the look on his face when he see's all the new spells I've made, and all the inventions I've made."

(edited)

''I agree that it would be more fun to visit StarSwirl's time, as I am a well known fan of his, but we can't. There is a big possibility we will change history. Because even the tiniest alteration could cause a rift in the space-time continuum. We don't want that. Secondly, we're still testing it out and I already made my calculations for 20 minutes anyway.'' Twilight said as she took of her lab coat as she walked towards the crystal ball.

Edited by Pucksterv

Itiri started smiling widely as she overheard the princess her explanation. So she had guessed right, it would be magic! She started thinking of all the possibilities and the dangers involved with time travel.

She agreed with the princess her decision to take it easy for the first time and just send them away 20 minutes into the future. That way they'd just end up being 20 minutes younger than they were before the spell was cast. Itiri couldn't help but to start thinking about the more exciting possibilities a time travel spell could have to offer however. She joined the rest of the group and gathered around the crystal ball.

• Brohoof 1

Cyberhooves went beside the others around the object. Magic, huh? I'd prefer it to be technology but that not my decision. "Alright, Pri- ...Twilight, let's get to it then." Cyberhooves still had that small voice in his head saying what if it went wrong? What if something happened and I get hurt? He ignored those thoughts and prepared himself.

"Oh, okay Twilight" Lilac said. Lilac walked in and stared at the crystal ball. Wow, she thought, it was a nice ball. "Hmm, I was thinking if we can, possibly, travel to the future to see what happens?" Lilac said. "Or, maybe 20 minutes might be fine, but we'd end up in the same place we were comfortably sitting at before you came, Twilight." Lilac thought that if they travel to the future, they might conquer new villains, or get vanished from Equestria. "No, silly sarcastic Lilac", she said in her mind. Lilac was still prepared.

• Brohoof 1