Will FiM's movie and merch be able to compete with Frozen and Lego?

ManaMinori

With the movie due in 2017, I have to wonder if it will out perform both "Frozen", as far as having songs that are EVERWHERE, and stuck in the heads of kids and adults alike, for a year after the movie's release, and "Lego Movie", as far as the toyline literally not having enough to go around, after that movie's debut. Mlp's pony movie has some serious bars to leap over, in aspects that these monster movier have set.

Do you think Ingram's music will perform stellarly, and stick around, like Frozen's "let it go"? Will Hasbro report that, like Lego's, pony merch is in demand, so much so, that they can't keep up with supplying the demand?

Related Articles:

Worldwide Lego Shortage

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/shopping-and-consumer-news/11943951/Worldwide-Lego-shortage-tension-builds-as-toy-maker-warns-it-cant-meet-Christmas-orders.html

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

If they try hard enough where they make all aspects have high quality but not so hard that they end up going over the top of the mountain and plummet down, then I think it could happen. Unfortunately, most likely, it won't. 

Do you think Ingram's music will perform stellarly, and stick around, like Frozen's "let it go"?

I have faith in Ingram. He's the guy who composed This Day Aria, which, in my opinion, is the best song in the entire show.

Will Hasbro report that, like Lego's, pony merch is in demand, so much so, that they can't keep up with supplying the demand?

I'm not sure if this will happen or not, but I think it's somewhat likely. Lego has more revenue than Hasbro (compare the wikipedia articles for The Lego Group & Hasbro), but not by that much.

It might be able go compete as the toys for Frozen are dominating the market right now, but as the Frozen Movie gets older, the sales will drop and the Merch for the MLP Movie, when it is released could outperform Frozen at a small margin.

I have faith in Ingram. He's the guy who composed This Day Aria, which, in my opinion, is the best song in the entire show.

I'm not sure if this will happen or not, but I think it's somewhat likely. Lego has more revenue than Hasbro (compare the wikipedia articles for The Lego Group & Hasbro), but not by that much.

It's actually because of This Day Aria the Frozen song was meh to me.

• Brohoof 1

With the movie due in 2017, I have to wonder if it will out perform both "Frozen", as far as having songs that are EVERWHERE, and stuck in the heads of kids and adults alike, for a year after the movie's release, and "Lego Movie", as far as the toyline literally not having enough to go around, after that movie's debut. Mlp's pony movie has some serious bars to leap over, in aspects that these monster movier have set.

Do you think Ingram's music will perform stellarly, and stick around, like Frozen's "let it go"? Will Hasbro report that, like Lego's, pony merch is in demand, so much so, that they can't keep up with supplying the demand?

To tell the truth, we will only be able to say that maybe a week after the movie has been released (at the earliest). I would just say that it is equally likely as it is unlikely.

If Hasbro markets the movie well, they might find a sudden increase in merch demand even before the movie releases.