Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight the Princess of Friendship or Enforcement?

Tranquil Claw

For a long time I've been wondering whether or not Twilight is fulfilling her role as the Princess of Friendship. Every time I see her, she either gets ignored or ends up subduing somepony else. What are your thoughts on the matter?

• Brohoof 1

Its been joked quite alot that twilight is TERRIBLE as the princess of friendship compared to other ponies like Pinkie who seem to know more about making friends XD

That being said, her role of being "princess of friendship" seems to be poorly named. She does alot of red tape and beurocracy and diplomatic stuff for equestria, like the yakastonians, so she is worthy of doing a government job, but she doesn't really seem to be "The best ever" at ACTUAL friendship.

• Brohoof 2

but she doesn't really seem to be "The best ever" at ACTUAL friendship.

Where does it say that she has to be the best ever to be the princess of friendship? She's still doing things to spread friendship, and she's doing it as a princess. 

Where does it say that she has to be the best ever to be the princess of friendship? She's still doing things to spread friendship, and she's doing it as a princess. 

One would assume that if you have the "princess of friendship" you are the best friend ever since you're supposed to be the ruler of that concept with the most understanding of it :P

Otherwise, if there are others better than you at your metaphysical concept, you just be called A princess XD Seems kind of showy otherwise to have the title if you're outmatched in that area.

Twilight herself seems to have that belief too, given how much she's panicked and stressed over the concept of not being the best friend possible in her episodes (her being upset at not being chosen for map missions despite being the princess of friendship and her "I'm the princess of friendship! I don't get jealous!" line)

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 2

One would assume that if you have the "princess of princess" you are the best friend ever since you're supposed to be the ruler of that concept with the most understanding of it :P

Otherwise, if there are others better than you at your metaphysical concept, you just be called A princess XD Seems kind of showy otherwise to have the title if you're outmatched in that area.

Twilight herself seems to have that belief too, given how much she's panicked and stressed over the concept of not being the best friend possible in her episodes (her being upset at not being chosen for map missions despite being the princess of friendship and her "I'm the princess of friendship! I don't get jealous!" line)

Do you remember how Twilight got the title of Princess of Friendship? It was only because she chose to help spread friendship across Equestria at the end of Twilight's Kingdom, and Celestia just came up with that title on the spot because friendship relates to what her job as princess entails.

I keep bringing this up and people keep on acting like the title was some election or divine title instead of just something that came from a moment of realization on what she can and should do to help as princess.

And Twilight has always been one to hold herself to higher standards,to a degree others don't think she should be at, whether its princess of friendship or just a student. That's a character trait of hers, not an actual indication of what the princess of friendship should be like. They even point out in What About Discord that she is allowed to not be perfect.

Edited by Marimo
  • Brohoof 1