Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Princess Twilight big enough?

Bendy

Is Princess Twilight Sparkle big enough?

I don't think so, she's not a true pony princess until she becomes a big mama horse like Princess Celestia.

What are your thoughts? 

Edited by Bendy
  • Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, Bendy said:

Is Princess Twilight Sparkle big enough?

I don't think so, she's not a true pony princess until she becomes a big mama horse like Princess Celestia.

What are your thoughts? 

Where does Cadence fall on that scale then? She isn't as horse-like as the sisters, but in flashbacks as Twi's foalsitter, she looks a lot more like Twi is now...

Come to think of it, the reduced form of Luna at the end of S01E02, vs the current form....

• Brohoof 1

Don't alicorns grow as they age which is parrell to their overall magical power? Since she is an ageless imortal, she will just grow as time passes.

• Brohoof 2

19 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Where does Cadence fall on that scale then? She isn't as horse-like as the sisters, but in flashbacks as Twi's foalsitter, she looks a lot more like Twi is now...

Come to think of it, the reduced form of Luna at the end of S01E02, vs the current form....

I know it was a character redesign but I like to think that what we saw at the end of episode 2 was how she looked right before she became Nightmare Moon and what we see now is 1,000 years catching up with her to look more mature. 

• Brohoof 2

If I'm not mistaken, Twilight has actually grown physically over the series.

But I don't think size should matter. Maybe she's not quite a "real" princess because her realm is more abstract that that of the Royal Sisters or even Cadence, and doesn't seem to have any formal, regular political duties. But she's a princess enough, otherwise what's that huge crystal castle for?

21 hours ago, OptimisticNeighsayer said:

If I'm not mistaken, Twilight has actually grown physically over the series.

But I don't think size should matter. Maybe she's not quite a "real" princess because her realm is more abstract that that of the Royal Sisters or even Cadence, and doesn't seem to have any formal, regular political duties. But she's a princess enough, otherwise what's that huge crystal castle for?

What if Princess is actually a title for a type of spiritual mastery, rather than denoting being a ruler, and leadership is actually still something chosen via a mandate of the populous? (Cadence might be an exception because the Empire is technically an occupied territory as a result of losing the war)

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, BornAgainBrony said:

What if Princess is actually a title for a type of spiritual mastery, rather than denoting being a ruler, and leadership is actually still something chosen via a mandate of the populous? (Cadence might be an exception because the Empire is technically an occupied territory as a result of losing the war)

That would explain why Twilight doesn't actually have much political power.

Is the war loss something from the comics? I've always wondered why Cadence was just automatically installed as leader after the 1000 year slumber.

45 minutes ago, OptimisticNeighsayer said:

That would explain why Twilight doesn't actually have much political power.

Is the war loss something from the comics? I've always wondered why Cadence was just automatically installed as leader after the 1000 year slumber.

The Empire under Sombra was defeated by Celestia and Luna 1000 moons back. Only shown in a flashback, but I think the comics went deeper into it. Sombra puts himself and the Empire into stasis as a last ditch effort to escape the inevitable, eventually leading to the present with the mad search for the crystal heart to finish him off.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...