Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Explore Equestria-what does the s6 theme mean for Spike?

ManaMinori

Or rather, what would you guys want it to mean for Spike?

FiM has at least 3 Hearth's Warming epidodes, 2 Nightmare Night episodes, 2 sisterhooves social episodes....but only one Dragon Quest episode thus far. Personally, I'd like to see this done again- another dragon migration goes over Ponyville, but a former dragon researcher turned jornalist from the Crystal Empire is sent to Ponyville to help Spike's admirers get a better understanding of their dragon hero; doesn't understand why Spike doesn't go on the dragon migration, learns about him, while Spike also gets to learn of his true dragon heritage from the researcher.

But what are you guy's thoughts? Should another Dragon Quest make its rounds?

Since they expanded the world map to include the dragon and griffon regions, I'm hopeful they'll finally do some world building for the dragons. But I don't think it will be another dragon migration - they specifically stated those are a once-in-a-pony's-lifetime event. So Spike is pretty much out-of-luck in that regard until the Mane 6 are dead of old age.

That doesn't mean he and some of the others will travel to the dragon homeland for some other reason, however. So there's hope.

But it's tempered by the fact that he doesn't appear anywhere in the S6 premiere commercials...  >_>

But what are you guy's thoughts? Should another Dragon Quest make its rounds?

I wouldn't mind an episode that retcons dragons from all being a bunch of giant sacks of dicks to actually having some value as a race and showing us some good (by "good" i mean "Have some actual value and purpose in existing and personalities", not specifically being goody good heroes) dragons.

• Brohoof 4

You know what would be cool is that they brought back the Dragon Migration and this is the episode that introduces Fluttershy's brother. Make him out to be a sort of misanthrope (mishippotrope?) and prefers the company of Dragons instead, or at least like to study them. Would make sense as it would allow him an animal connection but one his sister is afraid of.  

You know what would be cool is that they brought back the Dragon Migration and this is the episode that introduces Fluttershy's brother. Make him out to be a sort of misanthrope (mishippotrope?) and prefers the company of Dragons instead, or at least like to study them. Would make sense as it would allow him an animal connection but one his sister is afraid of.  

>fluttershy's brother

>dragons

For some reason this made me think of him as a Steve irwin parody who was randomly wrestling dragons all the time while talking in an over the top narratory style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9nbJnEpG0w

Well I would like it to give Spike another episode like Dragon Quest, only for this time for us to actually learn more about Dragon culture and actually have the dragon species or whatever kingdom or wherever they live can actually be good or whatever.

Plus maybe allowing Spike to get some more character development would be nice.

Spike would meet his parents and have to decide of leaving the mane 6 or staying. This can also lead to whether he is mature enough to make desicions in his character and show that his parents are a caring group of creatures rather than the mean stereotype that dragons are depicted it previous episodes.

Don’t worry guys. Spike will get a dragon episode in which he will teach all those ignorant bastards how to behave like ponies. At least these are my fears. Please someone comfort me by showing how unsubstantiated they are!

My wish for Spike: A nice dragonette that is a full-fledged dragon without as much as a hint of namby-pamby pony attitude. No SJW buffoonery, no IDW Barney dragons, no lack of friendship problems, just dragons being dragons.

P.S: Dragon researchers … Really? Because we totally need another episode about how ponies see dragons through pony eyes without any pristine dragon-dragon interaction. They’re dragons not some unfathomable eldritch horrors damn it! Show, don't tell.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
FiM has at least 3 Hearth's Warming epidodes, 2 Nightmare Night episodes, 2 sisterhooves social episodes....but only one Dragon Quest episode thus far. Personally, I'd like to see this done again- another dragon migration goes over Ponyville,

Hearths Warming Eve, Nightmare Night, and the Sisterhooves social are all annual events.  The great Dragon migration only happens once in a generation.

Of course that by no means suggests that we can't see dragons again, but it would be in a setting other than the great migration.

Edited by Concerned Bystander

>Fluttershy's brother

>le edgy misanthrope

>hangs out with dragons

No one wants to see another fan's crappy OC in an episode. Besides, we already know that any family Fluttershy has doesn't love her. That's why no one went looking for her when she fell off that cloud.

>Fluttershy's brother

>le edgy misanthrope

>hangs out with dragons

No one wants to see another fan's crappy OC in an episode. Besides, we already know that any family Fluttershy has doesn't love her. That's why no one went looking for her when she fell off that cloud.

Okay yeah a bit on the "Mary Sue 2Egdy4U" OC side but there's no indication Fluttershy's family doesn't love her. We saw her on the ground for a total of 2 minutes, we never see how she got back up. Also is seems clear that the race wasn't an official thing, that it was a bunch of kids being reckless kids. I mean how would you expect your parents to find you two minutes after you broke your arm while hanging around with your friends in some baseball field that you decided to play in not ten minutes ago?