movies/tv Blair Witch Project: What killed the teens?

TheMarkz0ne

I have had the chance to re-watch the Blair Witch Project after over 10 years. I think the movie still holds up decently. I hate found footage movies, this and Chronicle did it right. I am just down about the movie in terms of 'no witch'. I know it's all about, what you don't see, the fear of being alone in the woods being picked off one by one. 

I kinda think it's implied the teens were killed by a human stalker. Being a fan of witches, I was bummed there wasn't a witch. There is a theory that Mary Brown(the woman in the movie who claimed to have  met the witch) was the witch. But three young adults killed by one woman? 

Witches ARE human. I know in some lore, they can have super human feats. But I was disappointed that three adults wouldn't handle one witch(if there was one). When Heather dies in the house in the last shot, it is know she isn't holding the camera going down the stairs. Her screaming is in the background as she goes down. 

So what do you guys think?

I have heard this theory a lot, and honestly I am not overly fond of it because it takes away quite a bit of the eerieness of the film if it was just 'people'. The thought that it was 'something' rather than 'someone' that was stalking them, that to me is a lot more creepy. 

What goes against the 'person' theory are some of the happenings in the film. For example, the sounds of stones and sticks and other things that they hear at night. I remember them saying that the sounds were 'on all sides of us'. That would be pretty impressive if one person could pull that off. Secondly, there are the 'children' that attacked them in the tent. That is another thing that screams some kind of non-human entity, as there is no sign of any real children and there is a very particular sound that they make that sends chills down my back and that was definitely not human either. 

So in terms of what did attack them, I really don't know. I do think it was very likely the 'Witch', but we just don't know what the witch actually is and that to me terrifies me so much more, especially with the imagery throughout the film. This is definitely one of my all-time favorite horror films. 

• Brohoof 1

KyoshiFrostWolfSIG1.jpg.b0b2e3d0d15e6abf25982983986dcba1.jpg

I have heard this theory a lot, and honestly I am not overly fond of it because it takes away quite a bit of the eerieness of the film if it was just 'people'. The thought that it was 'something' rather than 'someone' that was stalking them, that to me is a lot more creepy. 

What goes against the 'person' theory are some of the happenings in the film. For example, the sounds of stones and sticks and other things that they hear at night. I remember them saying that the sounds were 'on all sides of us'. That would be pretty impressive if one person could pull that off. Secondly, there are the 'children' that attacked them in the tent. That is another thing that screams some kind of non-human entity, as there is no sign of any real children and there is a very particular sound that they make that sends chills down my back and that was definitely not human either. 

So in terms of what did attack them, I really don't know. I do think it was very likely the 'Witch', but we just don't know what the witch actually is and that to me terrifies me so much more, especially with the imagery throughout the film. This is definitely one of my all-time favorite horror films. 

What keeps it a supernatural film in my opinion is the fact they couldn't escape the woods. They even followed  the stream of water all the way through and still got lost. They were most likely negatively enchanted and driven crazy. Witches devour small children in order to maintain their immortality/youth. So I wonder why this witch would kill three young adults. 

• Brohoof 1

Do witches possess super human strength? Because she one shotted all the people in the movie.

Well, in the second Movie, which is hated by some people, but i will talk about it anyway, you actually see the Witch.

( spoiler alert ) Or at least i think its the Witch and she appears to be a Ghost, who can possess People and make them do things, that they wouldnt normally do.

So my Theory is, the Witch possessed the 3 Humans and made them kill each other.

Because thats what happens in the second part.

Signature.png.dfe30e494cadddd2f98e87ea7e3841eb.png

Sig made by Kyoshi

Oooh, thanks for reminding me of the Blair Witch Project! Seriously, it used to be my favourite horror movie and now I need to re-watch it! (> v<)d

Exactly! I like to think that it was the ghost/evil spirit of the actual Witch that did all the stalking and killing.

5961309a8924c_sculpturegallery.jpg.a5f899310b4f8f1557ef72e2ea67e041.jpg

click here