Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Name ideas!

Odyssey

At the moment, I'm working on two characters for a steampunk-like story I've been working on for a few months by now. While I have an idea to name the first character, I'm not so sure what I want to name the other one. I have trouble whether I want to give her a fantasy-inspired name or a real name (i'm leaning towards the latter, though), so because of that, she's one of the very few characters I've yet to give a name to.

So this is where you guys come in. You can help me out by telling me what kind of name she should have. Preferably, I'm looking for ideas rather than actual names, but if you have an actual name you'd like to share with me, then don't hesitate to say so.

Here's some information about her. Hopefully it'll give you guys a better idea on what she's like.

She's small, petite, has freckles and has short hair which she washes every once in a blue moon. Her everyday uniform consists of worn-out boots, dirty overalls and gloves. When she's at work, she'll also sometimes wear goggles.

She works as an engineer and works on airplanes, but she hates her job. Even if she does hate it, she still takes her job seriously. In the engineering industry, she's tough as nails and spends too much time fixing airplanes and other artillery, but it's mostly because she's afraid of what might attack her hometown in the future. She can also be very rude, but seeing as how stressful her job is, she always doesn't truly mean it.

When she isn't working though, she is actually sociable and hates being alone. In her spare time, she loves building rayguns and testing them out in target practice. Despite her tomboyish attitude, she also loves to do girly stuff once in a while. More specifically, she loves visiting the local schoolchildren and dressing up on ceremonies. But for the most part, she is an absolute grump.

Mackenzie (could be shortened as "Mack") and Lola are names that are coming up in my head. Hope they're fitting?

• 1 month later...

I was thinking that her name could be Anne, which is a shortened and female rendition of the name Anthony Fokker, who was a famous Dutch engineer and aviation pioneer, who had a fighter plane named after him that was used in WW1.