Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long will it be?

TheAnimatorOfficial

22 minutes brotheeeeers.

they might as well just make a special TV episode with that amount of time :P

Not a chance it will be that short. No movie is merely an hour long.

Equestria Girls Runtime: 72 minutes.

Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks Runtime: 75 minutes

Equestria Girls: Friendship Games Runtime: 72 minutes

And how many of those three recieved a wide theatrical release? Exactly.

Well, for wide theatrical releases, a lot of the older Disney movies has 60-80 minute runtimes. And as for more recent films, the 2011 Winnie the Pooh movie was 69 minutes.

(edited)

Well, for wide theatrical releases, a lot of the older Disney movies has 60-80 minute runtimes. And as for more recent films, the 2011 Winnie the Pooh movie was 69 minutes.

Every single one of them is at least 100 minutes, maybe 95, since 2008.

Edited by TheAnimatorOfficial

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1449283/

>Runtime: 1 hour and 3 Minutes

>Release year: 2011

By older Disney movies, I was referring to the movies before the Disney renaissance in the '90s (e.g. Dumbo, Bambi, etc.)

Wreck it Ralph- 101 min

Frozen- 102 min

BH6- 103 min

Zootopia- 108 min

Cars 2- 108 min

Brave- 95 min

MU- 103 min

Inside Out- 95 min

Good Dinosaur- 100 min

• Brohoof 1

Wreck it Ralph- 101 min

Frozen- 102 min

BH6- 103 min

Zootopia- 108 min

Cars 2- 108 min

Brave- 95 min

MU- 103 min

Inside Out- 95 min

Good Dinosaur- 100 min

Those films have had a much higher budget than Hasbro is capable of, so while 60-70 minutes may be a bit low, I don't think we can expect any higher than 90 minutes.

Lego Movie: $60 million, 101 minutes, mind you in CGI.

The Lego Movie was not made by Hasbro's film divisions. The self-financed film division that will be used for the MLP 2017 film is Allspark Pictures, which currently has only released one film, Jem and the Holograms, which had a $5 million dollar budget, and did poorly at the box office.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/my-little-pony-movie-in-the-works-at-hasbro-studios-exclusive-1201334144/

This doesn't lead me to believe that the MLP movie will have a huge budget either, and animated films are very expensive, so they might cut costs by having a shorter runtime.

The Lego Movie was not made by Hasbro's film divisions. The self-financed film division that will be used for the MLP 2017 film is Allspark Pictures, which currently has only released one film, Jem and the Holograms, which had a $5 million dollar budget, and did poorly at the box office.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/my-little-pony-movie-in-the-works-at-hasbro-studios-exclusive-1201334144/

This doesn't lead me to believe that the MLP movie will have a huge budget either, and animated films are very expensive, so they might cut costs by having a shorter runtime.

The budget is going to be WEEEEEELLL above Jem.

(edited)
The self-financed film division that will be used for the MLP 2017 film is Allspark Pictures, which currently has only released one film, Jem and the Holograms, which had a $5 million dollar budget, and did poorly at the box office.

Jem failed in the box office because nothing about it felt, looked, or resembled anything like the Jem cartoon. Instead, it was your usual cliché teen stardom story. If it wasn't faithful to the roots of the franchise, then why buy a ticket.

The FIM Movie will likely have a bigger budget than Jem-in-Name-Only and be more respectful to the family-friendly roots of FIM. How long it'll be, I don't know. I think it'll be around 90 minutes.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

Jem failed in the box office because nothing about it felt, looked, or resembled anything like the Jem cartoon. Instead, it was your usual cliché teen stardom story. If it wasn't faithful to the roots of the franchise, then why buy a ticket.

The FIM Movie will likely have a bigger budget than Jem-in-Name-Only and be more respectful to the family-friendly roots of FIM. How long it'll be, I don't know. I think it'll be around 90 minutes.

However, given that it's the same company, the FiM Movie could also be "In Name Only" as you say. Allspark Pictures wasn't respectful to the source material for Jem, so it's not completely out there to predict that the FiM movie could suffer the same fate.

But yes, I agree that 90 minutes is fair.

However, given that it's the same company, the FiM Movie could also be "In Name Only" as you say. Allspark Pictures wasn't respectful to the source material for Jem, so it's not completely out there to predict that the FiM movie could suffer the same fate.

Allspark could force the FIM movie to disrespect their roots, but Allspark isn't alone in its production, and I don't think this'll happen. Allspark Productions helped finance JINO's budget, but the writing helped kill JINO. Meghan McCarthy and Rita Hsiao are better and more respectable writers. Bronydom in Bronywood knows Meghan McCarthy's credentials. Rita Hsiao helped write Mulan and Toy Story 2. Secondly, the people behind the scenes clearly didn't understand the material behind Jem and the Holograms. FIM is a major moneymaker. Defiling its roots will cause an uproar; McCarthy, Theissen, and the crew (should) know what they're doing.

• Brohoof 2