Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Help with my OCs?

Polar Belle

(edited)

I need a bit of help with my characters. I like to create pony characters and then just hoard them, many end up blank flanks with no names but I really want to further develope them. I just haven't had the muse to.

http://i.imgur.com/VOZRXE9.png

^ art by me, belongs to me

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=2533641&size=large&format=auto&rev=1466182359

^design by Lunarscape , lines by Kodabomb on Chicken Smoothie

I don't have a grasp on the forums yet, please forgive me for the messy setup

Edited by Polar Belle

@@Polar Belle, this sounds too familiar for myself, haha. I wind up with a ton of characters, some for stories that never get designs, some for random drawing projects that never get names/CMs. :grin: Either way, I'd love to try to help if I can.

Do you have any kind of loose idea of who each one of them is?

And, shall I toss out a few names that come to mind for me for each? :P Dunno if that's the kind of help you're looking for, or if you wanna run through some info for them, haha.

(edited)

What kind of help do you need lass? I can give you some assistance.

Edited by Mentis Soliloquy

@SFyr

the first one, the racer pony is I guess your standard cocky "jock" who against his dad's wishes flunked out of royal guard training

as for the second one, her talent is rollerskating, she is a general troublemaker who often gets in trouble with the law. standard rebel character who is based off Jet set radio

I know its not much but I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out :please:

@Mentis Soliloquy

im looking for names and Cutiemarks for the above characters

Cutiemarks well that's for an artist names I can do, being a resident rper here.

First pegasus

Feather first

Trail blazer

Flag chaser

Sawing Speed

Quick pace

Speed feather

Second pegsus

Sleek scates

Feathered wheels

Mint scates

Roller

Roller Blade

Some suggestions.

@@Polar Belle, are the CMs already in the image being potentially replaced then? :P Anyways, umm...

So, the first is a jock who went against his father's plan for him. Seems like a slightly rebellious or spirited individual, with a lean but fit build. ...Do you know what he wants to do instead? I'll try to toss out a few initial ideas for names, but I can continue with more for however long is needed, haha.

For some reason, what initially comes to mind is ___ Stride, such as Gallant Stride or Radical Stride.

Though some other ones just for fun:

Enduring Will

Gale (Or Gale + something else?)

Squall

Firebrand

This is hard, haha. :please:

Second character, definitely rebel as you said. Kinda get a slightly youthful/girly flare, but less the fru fru and more the social/wild/punk kinda of girly. Initial ideas:

Off Beat

Wild Celerity

Mix of the above, being Wild Beat

Chromatic Wake

...Also hard.

Hopefully I'll have more ideas soon.

Also also, for your ease, if you double click or highlight anything in someone's post, a popup shortcut appears to @mention them in a way that they'll receive a notification that they're being replied to. :grin: Helps make sure they know about a reply if they don't follow your topic or check back on their own accord.

Welcome to the forums by the way! :love:

• Brohoof 2

much more efficient !

@@SFyr,

their cutiemarks are staying the same, i had originally another link there with no name or CM, but I removed it since I didn't get permission to take it off site.

for the second one I really liked the name Off Beat, I might end up going with that name for her.

@@Mentis Soliloquy,  Thank you both so much for helping!

if you'd like to help me out once more, i was wondering if you could help with my character Polar Bell

http://nibbledrop.deviantart.com/art/Refsheet-Polar-Belle-615470017

Her cutiemark stands for health and regeneration, but what would be a good way to a backstory for her cutiemark?

@@Polar Belle, ahh. That makes sense. I'm glad you liked one of the ideas tossed out regardless. ;)

As for Polar Belle... Hm. I don't know what kind of pony she is, or what she does, but what comes to mind for me is like, in some northern village during the winter, a large group of resident ponies fall sick with some kind of illness, and in greater numbers than the local physician can handle, so a younger Polar Belle gets involved and, though inexperienced, shines through by tending to the sick and aiding their health and spirits. She finds her stride in being earnest in her helpfulness, and encouraging those afflicted with sheer spirit. Again, I don't know her, but she seems like a vivacious and kind sort. :fluttershy:

Running a different direction with health and regeneration, but keeping the snowier motif, she could've found a particularly resilient breed of winter flower, and was immensely inspired by how the flower thrived in a place most other plants would wither. So, she became something of a winter gardener of sorts early on, and later on grows harder in her resolve of finding health and life/liveliness regardless of circumstance, and receives her mark after some event brings this view into sharp focus. Like, I wouldn't say it needs to be a tragedy, but some hard to take event comes by... and the fledgling resolve/approach to life solidifies, and she holds harder than ever her resolve to keep her head up, heal from whatever life throws at her, and move forward with an unkillable passion for life.

Also I am a ball of corn I think, sometimes.

• Brohoof 1

@@Polar Belle, I'm glad to hear that!

And to be of help in some way~ :grin:

Good luck with your art and working with these OCs~! I hope to see more of them at some point, haha.

• 4 weeks later...