• THAT WAS MEGA EPIC!!! <3

+ The comedy in general

+ Trixie

+ Discord

+ Chrysalis is badass

- Starlight

- Starlight

- Episode is insanely contrived just so Starlight can save the day

- Episode expecting me to care about Starlight after Every Little Thing She Does

- Starlight

- Thorax is boring

- The awful new changeling designs

- Did I mention how Starlight ruins the episode?

I still don't like this episode because of Starlight. It would've been a million times better if it was just about Trixie and Discord. Or Trixie and Twilight. Or just any combination of characters that leaves out Starlight and Thorax.

I liked this episode, especially how Starlight manages to solve the situation even with a lack of access to magic. It was good to see Trixie again, in another positive display.  While I liked the reformation to a point, there are certainly other points of view on the subject.  There really isn't much of a point in villains if they're just placeholders for a reform.  I think a more balanced approach here would be if half of their original nature were preserved, as in .. you don't stay that way for such a long time and just suddenly shed it in one event.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
(edited)

I think this is an alright season ender. I love Trixie getting some major screen time with Starlight (TriLight for life) and Discord was even pretty damn funny and enjoyable in these two episodes. 

My issue is that the whole Changlings kidnapping everyone thing is a bit contrived. I know they probably shapeshifted to catch the mane 6 and royalty off guard but still… Could Celestia and Luna seriously not fight them off? Twilight couldn’t with how powerful she seems to be at this point? I don’t think they ever explained how that all happened.

Also Chrysalis… love her design, don’t love her as a villain. She’s so one dimensional. But I’m glad they didn’t reform her at least.

Also with this post I will have posted on every season 6 episode! And my icon shall overtake this section of the forum as of the time of writing this :griiin:

Edited by Iforgotmybrain