Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Factory rap + Extended Version

Dash-N

Yo guys, check out this extended version of Rainbow Factory I made. It's got a rap part by me, and thanks to Kozmos for his amazing contribution to this song with his own rapping! This would definitely not be complete without him.

• Brohoof 1

This is sounding really cool man, awesome job!

And you are most welcome! ;)

IMO, for the outro, you should've only used PurpleRoselyn's vocals as it would've sounded better and not a mess of outer-synced vocals 

Edited by Kozmos

Ok. 

It's a decent track. 

However, sadly, the spoken and rap parts are very cheesy. You told too much instead of setting the emotional scene. When I think of Rainbow Factory, I think of fear and wanting to escape. Show how there is no hope. Show how there is nowhere to hide in the rap parts. 

The beat could've been varied quite a bit. It staled out quickly. Why not add an arpeggiating plucked lead around the spoken part and pull out the main drums. Then, just before the second part, add a drop to bring it back in. 

The violin was a nice choice, but it needed more humanization. Run it through a humanizing program if you have one to enhance it a little. 

In terms of the effects, the reverb on the vocals were to shallow. Increase it more to give the effect more power. 

In terms of the outro, a reversed cymbal before the drums cut would work for a smoother transition. The female vocalist was a little flat. She needed just a little more power in her voice to hit those notes, because it sounded like she was straining a little. In terms of the laugh at the end, more delay and reverb was needed.

All in all, it's an ok piece, but it could use quite a bit of work. Don't be discouraged, everyone has bumps, but in due time, things will come together! :D I'm here if you need any help with what I said in my critique.  

• 5 months later...