Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shouldn't Minuette and Moondancer appear more?

KillerKingBakudan

They should be. If Twilight can get all torn up by guilt over ditching them to leave for Ponyville, she needs to make them a higher priority in life. Not every friend can be your "best friend", but that doesn't make them unimportant.

Again I have issues with how the episode presented that, but really it seemed to me that Twilight was merely concerned that she was rude and unceremonious in her departure; it's feasible that she keeps in touch sometimes via mail, but again, they're simply not the first friends who come to mind, and there's no reason for them to visit each other all the time. Moreover, for them to be recurring, they'd probably either need to dominate Twilight episodes or Twilight episodes would need to become more frequent, which... no thank you.

Again I have issues with how the episode presented that, but really it seemed to me that Twilight was merely concerned that she was rude and unceremonious in her departure; it's feasible that she keeps in touch sometimes via mail, but again, they're simply not the first friends who come to mind, and there's no reason for them to visit each other all the time. Moreover, for them to be recurring, they'd probably either need to dominate Twilight episodes or Twilight episodes would need to become more frequent, which... no thank you.

They wouldn't dominate every Twilight episode. I don't know where you're getting that from. They don't cram Discord into every Fluttershy episode, they don't bring Gilda back in every new Rainbow Dash episode, and they're not putting Trixie in every Starlight episode. The fact is, Twilight inadvertently hurt Moondancer and had to make it up to her. For her to just forget about all of that and not see her or Minuette at all would be completely out of character. 

I don't recall her being particularly powerful.

Just a feeling. She studies so much, she must be powerful.

Sunburst isn't, because he's a stallion and not an extraordinary family member of Twilight :D

They wouldn't dominate every Twilight episode. I don't know where you're getting that from. They don't cram Discord into every Fluttershy episode, they don't bring Gilda back in every new Rainbow Dash episode, and they're not putting Trixie in every Starlight episode. The fact is, Twilight inadvertently hurt Moondancer and had to make it up to her. For her to just forget about all of that and not see her or Minuette at all would be completely out of character.

So... you want her to appear, like, once more? That seems inevitable. We didn't get any Gilda last season either, and we get Discord mainly because he hangs around Ponyville.

So... you want her to appear, like, once more? That seems inevitable. We didn't get any Gilda last season either, and we get Discord mainly because he hangs around Ponyville.

At least once a season. Just enough to let us know they're not being neglected.

At least once a season. Just enough to let us know they're not being neglected.

I don't think that's necessary; as said, there's a lot of other characters as well, and I don't think they're close enough to Twi to worry about being neglected.

I do want a little more continuity between Twilight's Caterlot friends especially with Moondancer. The amount of guilt that Twilight had for them, especially for Moondancer was astounding in Amending Fences and I wouldn't want it to go to waste after all they've overcome. I would love to see a follow-up or an visit to Moondancer again at least. It's not that she or all of her old friends are written off but we can only assume since then, they're just continuing being background characters.