Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Moped driving and stuff

Hi! :D do anypony here drive moped? You maybe are to old and have a car or to you and is not abel to drive. But i LOOOOOOOVE To drive moped! i think it is so funny :D (btw i dont know if its called moped there you live but i translated it from Swedish and it said it was named moped on English) :P

Where I live, they're either called mopeds or scooters

I tried driving one once, when I was about 14 I think on my friend's. I haven't driven one since then but It was pretty fun. I wouldn't get one myself though. They're really noisy and annoying and you can't go on most major roads with them. I'd much rather stick to my car! :P

Oh cool, I didn't know you was Swedish too :P

Anyways, nope. I don't have one and I don't have any plans on buying one either.

Car is priority for me.

I have always heard of these vehicles being referred to as "Mopeds" around here in the USA.

I drive a car myself, but I feel that people should use a Moped if they are thinking about it, as I have heard that as long as the engine displacement remains under 50 cc, one does not have to insure such a vehicle (liability insurance on cars and motorcycles is requried by law over here in the USA; such insurance is legalized extrortion). A car suits my needs well, but agian, one does not really win with a car financially speaking, as an older, worn vehicle will "nickel-dime" you to death on service needs and a newer car (as in my case) will kill you on payments, higher insurance premiums, and higher licensing fees (license tabs) for years to come. If one can get by with a Moped, one can easily save thousands of dollars by doing as such.

Well, I got a moped and the license to drive it last fall, but then it started raining snow so I had to wait through the winter until I got to drive it. It took some time for me to get used to the gears, but after few days It was much easier. Now I drive it everyday to school, it's pretty fun! :D I'm not old enough to get a car driving license so, yeah. Here in Finland you have to be 15 to get a moped driving licence, and if you're born before 1985 you can drive one without the license.

I've always wanted to get one. I've got a compact pickup (Ford Ranger) that I love to death and would never let go, but it would be nice to have just a small little hopper to get around town when I'm by myself. Plus you can't beat that 100+ MPG. :P

Well, I got a moped and the license to drive it last fall, but then it started raining snow so I had to wait through the winter until I got to drive it. It took some time for me to get used to the gears, but after few days It was much easier. Now I drive it everyday to school, it's pretty fun! :D I'm not old enough to get a car driving license so, yeah. Here in Finland you have to be 15 to get a moped driving licence, and if you're born before 1985 you can drive one without the license.

i ant to drive to school too.. but it take me 45 minutes.. :S

I got a moped when I turned 15, that's the legal age to drive one here. I got it so I could go from place to place faster, but I really didn't use it that much :blink: . I still have it , and I'll be using it this summer to travel to my summer job ^_^! I hate the fact that you can't really go fast on a moped (at least not legally ;) ), and on long rides alone it starts getting really boring, especially if the road doesn't have any turns or bumps...

Here "moped cars" are really popular too, but they're basically a joke: a small car made of mostly plastic with a ridiculously small engine :lol: . They also cost as much as a real car, so I don't understand the point of getting something like that...