Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc OOC - Tale of the two Wastelanders

Raven Rawne

@Dark Horse

Maybe they find the mayor'smayor's body in his office? Wearing said mind control unit, it malfunctioned and fried his brain. The slaver closed the door shut as a way to quickly dispose of the body. The device was broken anyway so he left it there.

Even though I myself hate mind control with the passion of a burning sun, it is a good way to seamlessly progress the story. 

@Raven Rawne

Makes sense. Better then just it being left there for seemingly no reason.

Haha, maybe use that hatred as fuel for Crystal's own disgust and determination to shut the buggers down. A catalyst for going all the way and unintentionally winding up a hero to the town for it. :P

@Dark Horse

Seeing that Cadence survived and became the Stable Overmare, I bet her ponies heard stories of the original Empire, and by extension, Sombra's Curse. Crystal Ponies have +100 determination when faced with slavery in general and she would be no exception. Mind control would toss an additional 25 to the pool.

Also,  as you mentioned the Mirelurks could be also wired to the same tech and came end masse to the place with residual magic energy from the array.  Although I think it would be too valuable to just leave a big clunky device in the basement for our ponies to find. Still maybe it can be used to grant them a safe way out. Somehow. 

• Brohoof 1

@Raven Rawne

Sorry for the slight delay here.. Have had a class project I've been trying to finish all week and it's basically consumed my focus and energy. Should be back up to full speed by tomorrow.

@Raven Rawne

Sadly, my current course is a full year intensive and doesn't have a summer break. We work straight the way through from October until the following October, so no real break periods to speak of. The last week has just been particularly rough, but I should have a little bit more breathing space after today once this project is in~

• 1 month later...

@Dark Horse

Okay, so it seems they are in the safe for now,  and should reach the supply cart within the next round, no need to prolong it. It'sIt's in a shed like I mentioned in the opening post and contains basic supplies and salvaged goods: some food and water, an old fire axe, some beat down tools, and assorted salvage like screws, wire, all sorts of odds and ends neatly packed in separate containers. Nothing high tech or expensive though. Just another scavver trying to live off what she found, and offering her services in repairs and such.

I figure that because of her Stable life, Crystal has basic know how on machines,  can use most tools, and has a pulled up sleeves, physical approach to things. She used to prowl the ruins of the Empire with her team to salvage and recover all that they got their hooves on,  after all, so it's what she knows best.  Even if non-crystal materials sometimes make her scratch her head in confusion.

• Brohoof 1

@Raven Rawne

Sounds good. Saffron doesn't carry much with him anyway, he generally makes use of whatever's available to him at the time, keeping his gear maintained through jury-rigging bits and pieces from various scrap. What's on the cart should suffice to keep them going for the time being, and stash the gear they ripped from the mayor's office.

Saffron tends to be more analytical, so it the two should be able to cover each other's weak points pretty well. He's fairly knowledgeable with technology and the value of materials, but he's certainly not the type to go charging in head on. If he thinks that something looks dangerous, he'll look for any other alternative or way of reducing the risk before trying. Loot's no good to you if you're dead, by his thoughts. He'd have been frustrated with himself for not noticing the Mirelurk's earlier.

• Brohoof 1

I appreciate that, and yes, I like to know that I'm giving the best attention I can with my responses, but still, don't like to keep you waiting too long. :kindness: