Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How a cute bunny video influenced me more to start watching MLP

Akemi Homura

I was digging through my Youtube browsing history out of boredom, and my Facebook page where I stumbled across this video:

All of a sudden, it all came back to me on how this little guy in the video sparked this "love of all things cute" inside me and how I started to view random cute images on the web, namely Funnyjunk. Of course, this all led me to several pony posts on Funnyjunk.com (cute or otherwise) and at that point, I was intrigued by it all that I just had to see what the big fuss was about in regards to these colorful ponies. You know how the rest goes: watch a few episodes that night, and then become a brony a few days later.

So thank you, Mr. Bunny. You helped me to discover MLP and managed to open my mind a bit about some of life's heartwarming things such as yourself and the ponies that I so dearly love today.

Back to the topic at hand; post some influential factors that helped you to start watching the show.

• Brohoof 2

Well, I cant really say I can relate, but the bunny was adorable and your story was a more interesting one. My story, like so many others, was based on finding out why other people liked it so much, fueled by an initial dislike and confusion :/

A YouTube Pooper named cs188 is the man to thank for making me a brony :).

Thank you cs188. You somehow made me think Applejack was a boy when I first saw her :(

I used the pronoun "he" when referring to Rainbow Dash at first. Still kind of do, because of the way she acts... :blush:

(edited)

Well, I've always loved cute stuff, all things adorable really. But it was my good friend Paul who got it all started. Just said "Here, watch this" and I said "Okay Paul" and we watched the first episode together, he's still one of my best friends xD. The other factor that really hooked me was this...

Posted Image

Your talking to a gamer, someone who lives for completing all the stuff! I couldn't let it go, I had to finish what I started... Thank you Paul and Thank you To be continued screen.

Edited by Lord Sprixx
  • Brohoof 1

I feel a need to thank people too. Thanks little bro, you opened me up to a whole new world. Im sorry I ever doubted you. Keep on rockin

Cool story Emperor. B) Anyways, the only thing that really influenced me to start watching the show was pure curiosity, and slight fascination that a fanbase for the show of people around my agegroup existed. :)

• Brohoof 1

Before I watched the show, I was a regular Internet-goer, avidly always exploring Memebase, Know Your Meme, and the like. More than once a day would come when I'd run into a MLP:FiM macro or two mixed with other memes. It wasn't hard to tell that it was the fastest-growing meme subcultures on the web (well, at the time, it already was the most powerful subculture, but that's besides the point). I was constantly negatively seeing the show, for I knew nothing about it except that it was an obviously come-out-of-nowhere popularity figure. So, those days were dark, as I often tried to avoid any macros, or any YouTube videos of the show.

Later, I started to get mutually attached. There were some Bronies at my school, one time, there was a Trixie fan who was showing clips of Boast Busters at my school's video game club. I avoided that chance, only heard sound clips, but somewhere deep inside, I knew that the show it came from must have some great and immeasurable power and attraction (as in watching the show itself). I even later discovered the main reasons as to why the average brony watches the show, and is apart of it's large and growing fanbase. I enacted neutrally to it.

Then came the next stage. I was starting to go to the show's Know Your Meme page regularly, and looked through it. It was inevitable at that point, I saw and knew what was behind its popularity. I then didn't mind crossing over pony macros here and then, and eventually overhead and unintentionally learned some of the characters names. Over a period of time, I somehwat learned the personalities of the characters just by looking at them in their different portrayals in the show (goes to show you how powerful the character factor is). Soon, I chose my mutual favorite pony, Rainbow Dash.

Then came the absolute point of no return, my friend who was a brony tried to talk me into it, and sent me S1E1. I wanted to watch it, at this point, something deep inside was practically pulling my neck so hard from all the temptations, but I unfortunately rejected after not even going past the few first seconds....that was about early November 2011...

~~~~~~~~~~~

Enter Spring Break 2012. A few weeks with absolutely nothing to do, but play video games right? Well, one innocent day, April 5th, after building up certain temptations to watch the episode, I eventually gave up and said "Oh, what's the worst that could happen." Before I watched it, I checked KYM's video about the show, and then it was time for the big moment. In and out, I concluded my first episode amazed. Isntantly hooked, long story short, I rapidly watched the episodes and was caught up to MMMMystery on the Friendship Express (the latest episode at the time) within about 5 days, and instantly, the show and all of its elements, especially the characters, flooded my once-normal thoughts, and they crossed over everything that was in my mind.

In short, becoming a Brony has been one of the greatest experiences I've had in my life.

• Brohoof 1

A british guy convinced me to watch an epsiode, he reccomended season 2 episode 1, so i watched it an it said

Posted Image

So i watched the next one, and the next one, and the next one...

This is the reason I am a brony.

post-2915-0-88850300-1337142037_thumb.jpg

Thank you UC77.

Thanks to Yaplap and his hilarious renditions of songs from the show; although I'd heard of the show from a friend and former brony before, Yaplap's the one who really piqued my curiosity, particularly with this gem of a vid:

Thanks again Yaplap! I owe you one man! :)

I was sleepy so I hardly remember.

One minute I was watching ytp's and the next I was watching a reading of my little dashie by Azekahh.

Not sure how that worked out, but i'm glad it did.