Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Uncommon Bond - Spike and Starlight?

Ganondox

(edited)
1 hour ago, Goat-kun said:

So you're gonna justify it all with a fanfic? Just because something can be portrayed as achievable doesn't mean it's worth pursuing. What would the show gain with such an episode? What would be the message? Can this massage be done in another way? Can it be done with other characters better? Have you considered the possibility that the whole egg thief route would regress Starlight as a character? And again, this bond would not be uncommon at its heart. The only uncommon thing would be the convoluted premise. The true uncommon bond is still between Spike and his pony sister. The only reason I'm charging in on Twilight is because we're talking about Spike. You do realize these two are really close and that having such an episode without one or the other would seem rather puzzling not only to me but to the viewers who are used to their relationship. Call me a fanboy. Call me a hater. It changes nothing.

Blah blah blah. Regress her as a character? Do you even know what you are saying? How could something that happened in the past regress her? Also, you keep trying to force this topic to confirm to your idea about Twilight and Spike when this thread is about Starlight and Spike, parents or no parents. Stop it. You don't have to agree with every premise, but you've proven that your commentary is irrelevant and unwanted. Don't bother responding because I've added you to my ignore list, everything I've seen you say has been weird at best, but mainly just annoying, it's like you live in your own head.

Edited by Ganondox

We can do without the snark and aggression people; thank you.

• Brohoof 4

I've been kinda wondering if Uncommon Bond might not be confirming a theory that seems to be emerging that Starlight & Twilight are actually related somehow.  I think it would be interesting if it turns out that they're like 2nd cousins or something like that...

Either that or it could possibly be more info about Spike's dragon parents as revealed by Ember, which would be pretty cool as well. ;)

• Brohoof 1

It was cool seeing the Map calling Starlight and Spike, also it was cool seeing Spike glow again, haven't seen it since the Gauntlet of Fire. What would be cool if the Map would call Spike with either Starlight, Twilight, or any of the Main Six.

I'm only guessing.

• Brohoof 1

On 8/26/2017 at 7:22 PM, DJ_Bonebraker said:

I've been kinda wondering if Uncommon Bond might not be confirming a theory that seems to be emerging that Starlight & Twilight are actually related somehow.  I think it would be interesting if it turns out that they're like 2nd cousins or something like that...

Either that or it could possibly be more info about Spike's dragon parents as revealed by Ember, which would be pretty cool as well. ;)

Since a good chunk of the season links episodes together, I can see something like this:

Zeppelin establishes that there is another 'Sparkle' family branch, and in Uncommon Bond we learn that perhaps both are descendants of Starswirl -- so related. 

It's a long shot, but at this point I've seen every possible theory about Uncommon Bond so I'm putting it up on my board as a possibility. 

• Brohoof 3

10 hours ago, Jeric said:

Since a good chunk of the season links episodes together, I can see something like this:

Zeppelin establishes that there is another 'Sparkle' family branch, and in Uncommon Bond we learn that perhaps both are descendants of Starswirl -- so related. 

It's a long shot, but at this point I've seen every possible theory about Uncommon Bond so I'm putting it up on my board as a possibility. 

Oh my gosh!  That would be pretty sweet!  I mean can you imagine what Twilight's reaction to learning that she and Starlight are descendants of Star Swirl the Bearded?! :o I'll be interested to see if that's what happens, because we haven't had nearly enough of Twilight being all adorkable & geeking out over stuff lately.  ;)

• Brohoof 2

I do like the idea, though it could possibly mean something else. I do like Spike's and Starlight's interactions with each other. They do have a few things in common, such as working with Twilight, sometimes not agreeing with her, and enthusiastic to help. They seem like very good characters to work together with, and I would love for that to be a thing. They have had interactions before, so I am hoping they base an episode off it. :)

• Brohoof 1