Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Safe Port

Superwholock

Luna lay down,tucking her legs under her.She glanced at her mechanical wings,and sighing,gently lifted them off her with her magic.She brought them close to her face, inspecting them and assessing the damage."Definitely need some tools.I never bothered to learn Crystal's spell for summoning them.Never thought I'd need it..."

"Nearing port!" the new scout yelled. Virgil glanced up, shading his eyes with a hoof and squinting to make out who it was. The black and green mane told him it was Dirk. He turned back to facing forward, his squinting gaze just picking up the dark sliver on the horizon that marked land. It was still quite a ways off, but he waved to Dirk to let him know the captain saw it.

SeaSong was dozing off,her tail wrapped in the algae on the bottom of the bottom of the boat,when she heard a shout.Her eyes flashed open,as she heard the words,"Nearing Port!" Upside down,she turned her head,to see that the sailors words proved true,and they were nearing land. "Still doesn't explain risking crashing into the reef.A strong wind, and fast current could've meant a wreck."

Luna's head was down,her mind deep in thought.She looked up,startled,as she heard somepony shout, "Nearing Port!" She stood up,stretching,before turning to the stairs. 

I hope there might be some way to repay the sailors aboard this ship.Hmm...If I can purchase some tools,I can fix my wings.Then they won't have to worry about taking me to Equestria,and I might have enough to give them something.

She pulled her enchanted bitbag out of the hidden pocket on her suit.She peeked inside,grateful that the spells had held up and protected her bits.

It took them about fifteen minutes to reach the floating guard posts and another five to actually enter port. Virgil watched as his crew, experienced and well versed in the ship, lowered the sail and let the ship drift into its typical dock. Several crew members leaped off onto the dock, moving to tie her down. Several more threw canvas over the rail to protect the ship against any scratches or dents from the wood of the dock.

His ship safely docked and his crew gathered below him, with the exception of those who'd tied down the ship who now waited on the dock, Virgil nodded in approval. "You have a week on shore, perhaps more. If we leave sooner, you know the drill."

"Yes sir, Cap'n!" the crew answered as one, their voices creating a yell. Dismissed, they all gathered their stuff from below decks and headed off into the town of Puerto Seguro, leaving their captain, first mate, and healer behind.

Luna's head had emerged in time to see the crew dock the ship,and she marveled at how they acted together.

Like a well oiled machine.

She glanced at her wings,before turning to see who was still on the ship.She saw Alric standing with two other ponies,and she emerged fully from the hatch,trotting over to meet them.

SeaSong hid behind the barnacle-encrusted wooden poles of the dock.Se peeked out at the ship,seeing it fully for the first time.She concentrated on her horn,casting a drying spell.It provided a thin veil of oxygen that allowed her to dry,even in the ocean.She looked at the ship once more,as the spell did it's work.

"Ah, Ms. Luna. I hope you had a good rest, short as it was," Alric greeted. Virgil and Syren looked at the new unicorn, the latter smiling in greeting and waving.

"Pleasure to finally meet you, Ms. Luna," the first mate greeted, giving a polite salute.

She gave him a small curtsy,and replied, "The pleasure is mine." She looked towards Virgil. "I am glad to finally have a chance to say thank you.Celestia knows what would have happened otherwise."She looked towards the port town curiously.

Virgil gave one of his few small smiles. "No need, miss. We were more than happy to help."

Before he could continue, a blue pegasus landed near them, offering Virgil a salute. "The Governor is waiting for you at your home, Captain Virgil. He wants you to bring your rescue with you."

Virgil nodded confirmation. He figured news would've gotten to his step-father by now. The pegasus saluted again and took off.

Luna raised an eyebrow as the pegasus flew off. "I assume he meant me,by 'rescue'.Where is the place?"She asked Alric.

SeaSong climbed on the dock,just in time to miss being spotted by a blue pegasus.She looked back towards the four ponies still on the ship she was following.

"The captain's home?" Alric asked, not quite understanding the question. "It's at the top of the town, near the town hall."

"And it's quite a walking distance," Virgil added, cutting off anymore distractions. He moved to the rail and leaped down to the dock, quickly followed by Syren.

Luna followed,easily leaping over the side and landing on the dock.She looked towards Virgil and smiled."Lead the way."She looked around at the port town.Her gaze fell on a black and white unicorn,who seemed to be staring at her.When she noticed she'd been spotted,she blushed and ran into one of the alleys close by.Luna tilted her head.

Curious...

The docks were busy as per usual, but they were nothing compared to the town. Ponies, pirate and resident, crowded the streets, calling out to each other or shouting. As they walked the cobbled streets, a pony came flying out of one of the many taverns. Said pony stood, swaying drunkenly before stumbling off, probably to find another tavern willing to take him in. Virgil continued past unphased, silently shaking his head. He would never understand the call to drink. He couldn't stand the taste of alcohol.

Luna looked around in distaste,but also pity.She looked around,not realizing what she was looking for until she found it.The same black and white unicorn from before, was again  staring at her.And again,the unicorn flushed red,and ran off.

Uh...that was strange.

SeaSong chided herself mentally.

You got caught not once, but twice! I'm really bad at subtlety...

"Virgil!" a voice squealed as a dark brown, black and pink shape plowed into the stallion from above. Virgil chuckled, just barely managing to catch Eros before she drove them both to the ground. He hugged the filly close as she nuzzled into his chest, grinning happily.

Luna smiled at the appearance of the little filly.She turned to Alric and asked, "And who might this be?"

SeaSong slumped against  a crate,groaning."What am I even doing?I don't have a viable reason for being here."

"That would be Virgil's little sister, Eros," Alric informed her. Virgil and Eros finally separated, the former ruffling the filly's hair. Eros dodged away, giggling, bumping into Luna's foreleg.

"Sorry!" she said, whirling around to face the new pony. Not recognizing her, Eros tilted her head curiously. "Who're you?"

6 minutes ago, Superwholock said:

"That would be Virgil's little sister, Eros," Alric informed her. Virgil and Eros finally separated, the former ruffling the filly's hair. Eros dodged away, giggling, bumping into Luna's foreleg.

"Sorry!" she said, whirling around to face the new pony. Not recognizing her, Eros tilted her head curiously. "Who're you?"

Luna smiled warmly at Eros. "My name is Luna."

SeaSong couldn't help it.She peeked around the box,and was surprised to see a newcomer."I haven't seen many fillies before."

"Hi, Luna!" Eros greeted, flapping her wings excitedly. "Are you my brother's girlfriend?"

Alric and Syren snorted in laughter as Virgil sighed and placed a hoof to his forehead. "Eros, not every mare you see me with is my girlfriend."

"Why not?" Eros asked, turning back to face him. "You need one! You haven't dated anyone since you and Joss broke up."

"Eros, that was barely a week ago," Virgil groaned.

Luna flushed red at the fillies questions. "I had been shipwrecked,and he's helping me out.That's all.Nothing more."She turned to Vigil."Actually,I thought about it and I realized that if I purchase some tools here,I can fix my broken mech. wings,and you wouldn't have to worry about taking me to Equestria."

"Are you sure? Equestria is quite a ways away from Puerto Seguro," Virgil informed her. "It's completely up to you. I can get you in touch with some blacksmiths and inventors around town. I'm sure some of them would be willing to help you."

"That would be perfect,thank you.And it would be fine if it's far.Since they are mechanical,I don't tire,and I can input a destination and do whatever I want.Even fall asleep." She looked around. "But first,don't we need to go to the governer's house?"

Luna followed them.She sighed as the little filly flapped her wings and started flying.

Hopefully, I can fix my own wings soon.Having them would make looking for Crystal easier too.

She shook her head and kept walking. "I will find her.",she muttered.

As they climbed the hill leading up to the town hall, they were hailed by two guards standing outside the gate and holding spears.

"Your sister has already informed us of your arrival, Captain," the one of the left said. "The governor is waiting for you in his office."

Virgil dipped his head in acknowledgment and continued through the gate and into the courtyard of the town hall, a massive brick building encircling a garden with a cobbled path leading up to the main entrance. Eros stood on the long porch, just before the door. Or rather she pranced there, clearly impatient for them to reach her.

55 minutes ago, Superwholock said:

As they climbed the hill leading up to the town hall, they were hailed by two guards standing outside the gate and holding spears.

"Your sister has already informed us of your arrival, Captain," the one of the left said. "The governor is waiting for you in his office."

Virgil dipped his head in acknowledgment and continued through the gate and into the courtyard of the town hall, a massive brick building encircling a garden with a cobbled path leading up to the main entrance. Eros stood on the long porch, just before the door. Or rather she pranced there, clearly impatient for them to reach her.

As they reached Eros,Luna smiled. "Hello again!"She called to the impatient filly.