Is Applejack afraid of heights?

PQster

Is Applejack, aka the best pony in my opinion, afraid of heights? I mean in the MLPFiM comic known as "Nightmare Rarity" she seems to be very nervous while walking across the magical rope and even said she was afraid of heights. Plus in the movie while walking across a high up plank she nervously looks down. So what do y'all think. Is the vintage, Best shipped with spike (in my opinion), orange farm pony afraid of heights?

Edited by PQster
Mistake

37 minutes ago, PQster said:

Is Applejack, aka the best pony in my opinion, afraid of heights? I mean in the MLPFiM comic known as "Nightmare Rarity" she seems to be very nervous while walking across the magical rope. Plus in the movie while walking across a high up plank she nervously looks down. So what do y'all think. Is the vintage, Best shipped with spike (in my opinion), orange farm pony afraid of heights?

Then this is caused in the series, because in the first episode she saves Twilight from falling down and jumps then off the ravine. ;)

• Brohoof 2

If I don't understand something or Interpret it wrong, I'm dutch. Sometimes I gamble for meanings of the words. And sometimes I write the wrong words, like week and weak for example. Sorry for it already. :smug:

Discord, Twilight, Sunset, Fluttershy, Starlight, Rarity, Luna, Celestia, Big MCintosh, Cadence, Shining, Minuette, Lyra, Rara, Sweetie Belle, Cheerilee, Derpy, Spike.

!Feel Free To Talk And Walk Where Ever You Like On This Forum!

1 hour ago, PQster said:

Well in my opinion she does.

I think you are right. Just watched those parts back, but then I wonder when she began to develop this fear. Maybe in season 3 when they went in a balloon to bring a pie to Rainbow and they almost crashed in a tornado. :twi:

• Brohoof 1

If I don't understand something or Interpret it wrong, I'm dutch. Sometimes I gamble for meanings of the words. And sometimes I write the wrong words, like week and weak for example. Sorry for it already. :smug:

Discord, Twilight, Sunset, Fluttershy, Starlight, Rarity, Luna, Celestia, Big MCintosh, Cadence, Shining, Minuette, Lyra, Rara, Sweetie Belle, Cheerilee, Derpy, Spike.

3 minutes ago, Hierok said:

I think you are right. Just watched those parts back, but then I wonder when she began to develop this fear. Maybe in season 3 when they went in a balloon to bring a pie to Rainbow and they almost crashed in a tornado. :twi:

That could be it. Hmmm Plus if you've seen the movie, as I've said, as she walks across the plank she goes the slowest and looks down

• Brohoof 1

Just now, PQster said:

That could be it. Hmmm Plus if you've seen the movie, as I've said, as she walks across the plank she goes the slowest and looks down

And I believe things like this didn't help either. :Dmoke-baqituf-13-october-2017-3a5baa.jpg

:scots:: HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP

BTW i drew this (using a base but yeah) One is a file the other is on my dA (PandaisQued)

Beach sleeping AJ.png

beach_sleeping_aj_by_pandaisqued-dbr6ii8.png

It hasn't been shown enough for us to be sure. Though I wouldn't be surprised if she is a little, as she isn't one that would be familiar with heights, with her being more important on the ground. Due to her not being used to it perhaps, but I don't see any major evidence. 

In Sonic Rainboom for example she seemed fine even though they were quite high off the ground, same with Dragonshy. 

Edited by Foxy Socks

Definitely not a phobia, she seems pretty confident to me.

Friendship is Magic part 2 (after Twilight lets go), Applebuck Season (helping RD), Dragonshy, any number of times she has get on the hot air balloon, in The Return of Harmony 2 she even gets on top of the balloon (not the basket). There's no way anyone with acrophobia could manage to do such things.

If we're not talking about a phobia then, being afraid of heights in moments like falling or imminent falling is completely normal.

Edited by DonMaguz
  • Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, Foxy Socks said:

It hasn't been shown enough for us to be sure. Though I wouldn't be surprised if she is a little, as she isn't one that would be familiar with heights, with her being more important on the ground. Due to her not being used to it perhaps, but I don't see any major evidence. 

In Sonic Rainboom for example she seemed fine even though they were quite high off the ground, same with Dragonshy. 

But things in like Wonderbolt academy or in the movie might've caused it, fears CAN be developed

6 hours ago, DonMaguz said:

Definitely not a phobia, she seems pretty confident to me.

Friendship is Magic part 2 (after Twilight lets go), Applebuck Season (helping RD), Dragonshy, any number of times she has get on the hot air balloon, in The Return of Harmony 2 she even gets on top of the balloon (not the basket). There's no way anyone with acrophobia could manage to do such things.

If we're not talking about a phobia then, being afraid of heights in moments like falling or imminent falling is completely normal.

But things in like Wonderbolt academy or in the movie might've caused it, fears CAN be developed

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, PQster said:

Perhaps, but it seems like a stretch to put in the show. I could be wrong though.

8 minutes ago, PQster said:

(facehoof) Look, my point is in the movie and the comics she seems nervous when she's really high up, like for example in the movie she's the only one on the plank to nervously look down, Pinkie is an earth pony and she dont care, and in the MLP comic "Nightmare Rarity" she even says she's afraid of heights. I bid you a goodnight!

2 minutes ago, Foxy Socks said:

Perhaps, but it seems like a stretch to put in the show. I could be wrong though.

didn'tnotice this till after my last reply, sorry if I sounded rough or a little to brash

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, PQster said:

Yes, fears can be developed, but earlier in the movie she climbed a windmill with the rest of the mane 6 and then she boarded the parrot's airship by walking through a rope and even helped Rarity to do the same faster. Later she traveled on balloon once again and climbed mount Aeris (or whatever it's called) with the mane 6.

I'm not saying she isn't afraid of heights, I'm just saying that there's enough evidence to say that she's not irrationally afraid of heights.

• Brohoof 1

Well first off, don’t get annoyed if people don’t immediately agree with your headcanon. You can believe AJ is scared of heights even if others don’t.

Anywho, a phobia in particular is a fear taken to irrational levels. Being afraid of falling from a high place and hurting yourself is perfectly logical. It’s your survival instincts at work. Applejack may not be afflicted with acrophobia, but like most people, just doesn’t appreciate being on precarious ledges and structures. Like a human being, she’d have no way to save herself mid-fall.

That said, she seems to do fine in Twilight’s balloon and when she visited Cloudsdale. She bolted up a giant diving board with no hesitation to save Granny from diving off it. She had no problem helping Rainbow Dash with a stunt in season one where she had to jump off a platform to launch RD into the air. Didn’t freak out when she had to fly as a breezie (everything is a huge drop when you’re an inch tall). EDIT: And as @DonMaguz pointed out, she had no problem with climbing a windmill or with the pirate airship.

So if she has any kind of discomfort, it’s not enough to stop her from doing anything she needs or wants to do. I am fine with planes or being or tall structures, but the top of a seven foot wobbly ladder is no fun. Applejack definitely has even less problems with heights than me, and I don’t consider myself particularly scared of heights.

Also, for future reference, the creators have stated that anything in the comics is a separate canon unless it’s also stated in the show. If AJ said she was afraid of heights in the comics, but it never comes up in the show, then it only pertains to the comics.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

Signature_Forums.png.dd2a654d7faa42c09ea06c44865a3c2a.png

Check out my artwork any time: http://shadobabe.deviantart.com/
"OMG; You are such a troll. XD" - PathfinderCS

On 10/29/2017 at 10:17 AM, PQster said:

Is Applejack, aka the best pony in my opinion, afraid of heights? I mean in the MLPFiM comic known as "Nightmare Rarity" she seems to be very nervous while walking across the magical rope and even said she was afraid of heights. Plus in the movie while walking across a high up plank she nervously looks down. So what do y'all think. Is the vintage, Best shipped with spike (in my opinion), orange farm pony afraid of heights?

I think not. She’s brave, as well as strong and obviously honest. 

“And for that, you ain't seein' the boss just yet. We're gonna play a little game first!”

-King Dice

7 minutes ago, Chance said:

I think not. She’s brave, as well as strong and obviously honest. 

In the comic nightmare rarity Mrs.HONESTY ADMITS TO BEING AFRAID OF HEIGHTS. Plus fears can develop like in "Wonderbolts Academy" she got flung of a hot air baloon

17 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Well first off, don’t get annoyed if people don’t immediately agree with your headcanon. You can believe AJ is scared of heights even if others don’t.

Anywho, a phobia in particular is a fear taken to irrational levels. Being afraid of falling from a high place and hurting yourself is perfectly logical. It’s your survival instincts at work. Applejack may not be afflicted with acrophobia, but like most people, just doesn’t appreciate being on precarious ledges and structures. Like a human being, she’d have no way to save herself mid-fall.

That said, she seems to do fine in Twilight’s balloon and when she visited Cloudsdale. She bolted up a giant diving board with no hesitation to save Granny from diving off it. She had no problem helping Rainbow Dash with a stunt in season one where she had to jump off a platform to launch RD into the air. Didn’t freak out when she had to fly as a breezie (everything is a huge drop when you’re an inch tall). EDIT: And as @DonMaguz pointed out, she had no problem with climbing a windmill or with the pirate airship.

So if she has any kind of discomfort, it’s not enough to stop her from doing anything she needs or wants to do. I am fine with planes or being or tall structures, but the top of a seven foot wobbly ladder is no fun. Applejack definitely has even less problems with heights than me, and I don’t consider myself particularly scared of heights.

Also, for future reference, the creators have stated that anything in the comics is a separate canon unless it’s also stated in the show. If AJ said she was afraid of heights in the comics, but it never comes up in the show, then it only pertains to the comics.

Yes, but she's the kind of pony who will keep certain- know what fine, in my opinion she is but n yours she's not that's fine but I still like to make my point.

• Brohoof 1