The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Lord Midnight Madness said:

Ohh i'm  just getting ready to do some grocery shopping and stuff.

Better not be at Walmart, that's a department/big box store, NOT a grocery store, there's a difference ya know :catface:

And I work in a grocery store and trust me, after the amount of time I've spent there and seen the quality of service we have, Walmart doesn't even compare, Walmart compares better to a dump more than anything :proud:

Edited by King of Canterlot
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, King of Canterlot said:

Better not be at Walmart, that's a department/big box store, NOT a grocery store, there's a difference ya know :catface:

And I work in a grocery store and trust me, after the amount of time I've spent there and seen the quality of service we have, Walmart doesn't even compare, Walmart compares better to a dump more than anything :proud:

Walmart is absolutely awful. I do not like going there at all if I have to. Employees aren't helpful and the people there are pretty indecent.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, TheTaZe said:

Walmart is absolutely awful. I do not like going there at all if I have to. Employees aren't helpful and the people there are pretty indecent.

And it's dirty :eww:

The Walmart by my house is all ghetto and run-down, my mom doesn't even like going there and she's all for getting the cheapest best price. Cheap doesn't necessarily mean "Good" though, again, there is a massive difference in the quality of service from an actual grocery store to a place like Walmart.  

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

And it's dirty :eww:

The Walmart by my house is all ghetto and run-down, my mom doesn't even like going there and she's all for getting the cheapest best price. Cheap doesn't necessarily mean "Good" though, again, there is a massive difference in the quality of service from an actual grocery store to a place like Walmart.  

I have one near me, it really isn't all run down and such, they just have terrible customer service there. I worked there maybe a month or two and just quit because I couldn't handle the people and just employees. Not the funnest job.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, TheTaZe said:

I worked there maybe a month or two

That's a while to be a to a job you don't really like, the shortest time I ever spent at a job was two days :catface:

It was at this Subway, I hated every second of it and they didn't show me how to do anything or explain anything properly, yet they just magically expected me to know how to do everything like right off the bat, it was super stupid :dry:

So after two days on the job I just never went back, I missed all the other shifts they had me scheduled for and I called up the manager guy and told him it just wasn't a job for me, food industry jobs just aren't really for me :scoots:   

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

That's a while to be a to a job you don't really like, the shortest time I ever spent at a job was two days :catface:

It was at this Subway, I hated every second of it and they didn't show me how to do anything or explain anything properly, yet they just magically expected me to know how to do everything like right off the bat, it was super stupid :dry:

So after two days on the job I just never went back, I missed all the other shifts they had me scheduled for and I called up the manager guy and told him it just wasn't a job for me, food industry jobs just aren't really for me :scoots:   

All I can say is that probably for me is that I didn't want to disappoint my family soon after getting my first job, so that is why I stuck around for a bit. I'm with you with that though, I hate food service and retail with a passion.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, TheTaZe said:

All I can say is that probably for me is that I didn't want to disappoint my family soon after getting my first job, so that is why I stuck around for a bit. I'm with you with that though, I hate food service and retail with a passion.

I don't think I would be able to work in fast food...
might try somewhere that I don't need to work as fast as in McDonalds when I start working

Just now, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

I don't think I would be able to work in fast food...
might try somewhere that I don't need to work as fast as in McDonalds when I start working

The thing is, the only thing you're probably gonna get with a high school diploma education is working minimum wage. As sad as it is nowadays.

3 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

Ah I see, first job. Subway wasn't my first job though, it was my second, so my mom knew that if I quit a job it was because it was a crappy job, not cuz I didn't wanna work :fluttershy:

But I really like my job now at the grocery store, lots of fun people and decent hours. The customers are usually also very nice as well, and management actually trained me how to do my job, something Subway couldn't seem to do ^_^

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, King of Canterlot said:

Ah I see, first job. Subway wasn't my first job though, it was my second, so my mom knew that if I quit a job it was because it was a crappy job, not cuz I didn't wanna work :fluttershy:

But I really like my job now at the grocery store, lots of fun people and decent hours. The customers are usually also very nice as well, and management actually trained me how to do my job, something Subway couldn't seem to do ^_^

Fair enough, I won't tell you to not enjoy your job at all. :P

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, TheTaZe said:

The thing is, the only thing you're probably gonna get with a high school diploma education is working minimum wage. As sad as it is nowadays.

Yeah, I know that (and it's a pain here because minimum wage is so low compared to USA as anyone who lives in Scotland knows)

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I know that (and it's a pain here because minimum wage is so low compared to USA as anyone who lives in Scotland knows)

I myself am not working at minimum wage but my hours are a bit eh. That's expected though so I'm not really that too mad about it. Also, how bad is it for you? I make $12 an hour.

Just now, TheTaZe said:

I myself am not working at minimum wage but my hours are a bit eh. That's expected though so I'm not really that too mad about it. Also, how bad is it for you? I make $12 an hour.

16-18 year olds make about $5.50 an hour and 18-some time in your 20s make about $7.75 an hour here!

16-18 year olds make about $5.50 an hour and 18-some time in your 20s make about $7.75 an hour here!

I don't know how it is over there but that sounds... awful.

(edited)

My morning hasn't been too great. Woke up to my mom almost immediately telling me as I sit down to eat to watch more stupid Homeschool Buyers' Co-Op Visual Latin videos (which, by the way, comes with worksheets she's having me complete alongside them. DURING SUMMER BREAK!), when she could've waited until AFTER I was done eating to tell me. It gets annoying having that be her first priority. Then she got into a stressful mood, something about my stepdad not helping her pack (due to us moving at the end of September) and whenever she's like that, she becomes a bit bossy and rude. "If I catch you on any games before you finish your Latin worksheet, I'm taking your stuff." I wasn't even being distracted, I was focusing on Latin! 

Now I'm too afraid to shower because I'm worried she'll yell at me for it. (The other week she told me to quickly take a shower, and when I was in there, possibly for, like, five minutes, she was banging on the door, rushing me to get out. I'm sorry, but I was going as fast as I could!)

She also refused to get me 260 dollars' (or more) worth of new computer equipment (new gaming headset, gaming mouse, webcam, etc), and not because it was a lot of money. She agreed once before that she and my dad would combine their money to buy me a telescope. If she was willing to go that far, I figured I could cut down on money and get things I'd wanted more instead. She took one look at my list, said it was all 'gaming sh**', and that if she bought these, it'd 'solidify the reason for me to hibernate up in my room'. That is NOT what would happen, I'd still go on planned trips with her and such! And besides, I could use some upgrades! 

Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 ($55.49)

Lexar 1000x Micro SD 128 GB For GoPro (turns out SanDisk Pro Plus cards for GoPro actually suck) 

Patriot 128GB Supersonic Rage 2 Series USB 3.0 Flash Drive (it’s much better than the one I currently have) 

PICTEK Wireless Gaming Mouse [Silent Click] [2 Programmable Side Buttons] 2.4G Cordless Computer PC Gaming Mouse Laptop USB Gamer Mice, Advanced 2400 DPI Optical Sensor, 7-Button, Ergonomic Grips, Red 

Wireless Controller Gamepad Twin Shock for PS2 Playstation2 (Jet Black)

8 GB Ram Stick (since I already have one, it’ll make 16 gb) 

Skullcandy PLYR1 7.1 Surround Sound Wireless Gaming Headset, Black (SMPYFY-003)

The things in bold are for actual computer stuff, NOT gaming! It's not ALL gaming crap!

Why can't she just give me a chance..? She was like, 'You're not gonna get a job out of making videos! You could be going to college and doing stuff!' 

Like, WHEN did I say it was for a job? This was for my own enjoyment and entertainment! 

Again...not having the best week.

Edited by Loyal Defender

Just now, Rising Dusk said:

Good morning everypony.  How's it going?

Image result for mlp coffee

Good morning, rising! I'm doing great, just lurking like usual. :derp:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Rising Dusk said:

Lurkers be lurking! :squee:

Indeed, I'm just patrolling around the forum and the such. Making status updates, and the such. :wacko: