The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

Just now, Rising Dusk said:

Yesh, and here I thought I was spending too much on my gaming headset. :blink:

I'm a self-proclaimed audiophile. I need to have the right headphones for the best enjoyment! This includes open-backed headphones for a wider soundstage, a neutral sound signature, and plenty of POWER!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
5 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

To be fair, a lot of it is entirely unnecessary. :fluttershy: There are really only a few Metal Subgenres worth worrying about; Thrash, Death, Black, Progressive, Power, Symphonic, and Core.

I don't remember if rock 'n roll has this many sub genres.

4 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

That's why we have headphones, my dude. :catface:

yelling.jpg

Edited by Twilight Luna
  • Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

I'm a self-proclaimed audiophile. I need to have the right headphones for the best enjoyment! This includes open-backed headphones for a wider soundstage, a neutral sound signature, and plenty of POWER!

Just don't abuse your eardrums like I did, and you'll be golden~! :grin:

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Twilight Luna said:

Metal itself is technically a sub-genre of Rock.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

Trust me; it didn't folks just started experimenting~! :grin:

2 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

yelling.jpg

You mean you have to shout over our headphones audio~? :pout:

• Brohoof 3

Just now, The Recherche said:

Just don't abuse your eardrums like I did, and you'll be golden~! :grin:

I know my limits. I am very very aware about turning something up too loud. :please:

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Twilight Luna said:

Only when we started to break it up by era, ie class rock and modern.  I'm sure in the genre overload it's been broken up further, but for me, there is only the two. :P

• Brohoof 1

I know my limits. I am very very aware about turning something up too loud. :please:

Tell that to adolescent me... :scoots:

Thankfully, I learned my lesson before it was too late.. but the damage has been done. :please:

• Brohoof 1

How do you guys feel about visual novels? Do you feel they qualify as games?

Tell that to adolescent me... :scoots:

Thankfully, I learned my lesson before it was too late.. but the damage has been done. :please:

Is that how you got tinnitus, just by turning it up too loud? :mlp_wat:

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Key Sharkz said:

Well, typically video games are defined as an interactive medium... so as a whole, visual novels can be considered games. It's worth nothing that even movies have an amount of interactivity on the menus, so I can see how this is a grey area. :grin:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Key Sharkz said:

Never really had an interest in visual novels. Just were never my thing.

• Brohoof 1

Is that how you got tinnitus, just by turning it up too loud? :mlp_wat:

Kinda; it was slightly too loud... and I listened to it like that for too long. If I only did this once, then it wouldn't be a problem... but I did it for too long. :pout:

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Rising Dusk said:

Only when we started to break it up by era, ie class rock and modern.  I'm sure in the genre overload it's been broken up further, but for me, there is only the two. :P

Right. It took a while for people to appreciate Van Halen.

• Brohoof 2

Like the anime ones or the Tell Tale games?

Are telltale games really classified as visual novels? I'm not entirely sure about that. :mlp_wat:

It's probably TaZe then; I listen to my music relatively quietly (volume 3 or so).:please:

Hey... I keep my music right at a volume before it would be considered too loud. If my ears ever start hurting or if I think it's too loud, I will not listen to it that loudly.

• Brohoof 2

Like the anime ones or the Tell Tale games?

Honestly I feel they are about the same, but the Tell Tale formula is like "the evolution" of the genre.

Just now, TheTaZe said:

Are telltale games really classified as visual novels? I'm not entirely sure about that. :mlp_wat:

Yeah they are, they are just Adventure-Visual Novels, essentially Visual Novel 2.0.

Hey... I keep my music right at a volume before it would be considered too loud. If my ears ever start hurting or if I think it's too loud, I will not listen to it that loudly.

That was the issue, though; it was just barely too loud.. and it slowly chipped away at my hearing. :please: I can hear about as well as i could before... but it's accompanied by a subtle ring.

That was the issue, though; it was just barely too loud.. and it slowly chipped away at my hearing. :please: I can hear about as well as i could before... but it's accompanied by a subtle ring.

Think at it this way, I've been listening to music intensely for the past let's say... 10 years or so. I have not noticed any degradation in my hearing.

3 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

I think we had 80's/90's and rock.  Rap (crap) wasn't until much later.

I was hearing rap in the mid-80s but mostly East Coast hip-hop styles.  Oldies was your parents' music (50s and 60s), 80s brought new wave and hair metal, 90s went techno.

• Brohoof 1

Think at it this way, I've been listening to music intense for the past let's say... 10 years or so. I have not noticed any degradation in my hearing.

Like i said; I can hear about as well as before, I just induced this ringing... :pout:

Whatever, though; if you make a mistake, you pay the price, even if it lasts a lifetime.

2 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

You and me both. :scoots:

• Brohoof 1