The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

12 minutes ago, Vintjack Greasymane said:

Not much, just chilling and getting ready to go to bed. It's gonna be a pretty busy day tomorrow, the best thing I can do to get through it is to have some good sleep.

Welcome to the club! I will have an exam 3rd of Jan, back to all day studying.

• Brohoof 2

24 minutes ago, Vintjack Greasymane said:

Me too, I haven't been here for a very long time...eheheh, I still remember when this was the hot topic, almost every evening! :-D
Anyhow, how are you, pals? I was so missing being here...

When I first joined, the Lounge was the place to be. Now it’s a ghost town most of the time :sunny:  I’m not too bad. Not looking forward to it getting colder here. I had a good Christmas break. How about you? :pinkiehat:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Rixton said:

Welcome to the club! I will have an exam 3rd of Jan, back to all day studying.

Good luck with it! What are you currently studying, may I ask?

Just now, Twilight Luna said:

When I first joined, the Lounge was the place to be. Now it’s a ghost town most of the time :sunny:  I’m not too bad. Not looking forward to it getting colder here. I had a good Christmas break. How about you? :pinkiehat:

I know, right? I so hope it gets back to the days, even though I'm being pretty much of an hypocrite, since I've been getting more and more absent through time. 
I had a good Christmas, too. Luckily, there's still New Year's Eve to wait for, which is one of my favourite days...but heck...time's really flying!

You know, despite I already have a cold, I wish it gets colder 'round here, because it's not normal...we're turning into a tropical peninsula here...it's frightening...:sealed:

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Vintjack Greasymane said:

Good luck with it! What are you currently studying, may I ask?

This exam will be from Operating systems and networks course, I am an electrical engineer student.

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

When I first joined, the Lounge was the place to be...

I remember those times too, I joined later, however it was still a hot topic, I am not exactly sure why people left, maybe some of them continued on some alternative?

2 minutes ago, Vintjack Greasymane said:

Wow, that's very admirable! Again, good luck with it! :mlp_yeehaa:

Thank you! I will do my best!

10 minutes ago, Rixton said:

I remember those times too, I joined later, however it was still a hot topic, I am not exactly sure why people left, maybe some of them continued on some alternative?

Thank you! I will do my best!

We lost a lot of people during the summer, especially The Recherche. He got burned out and only comes on every once in a while now. For some reason, people stopped coming by when he left and it went down hill from there. Now people primarily use status updates to keep in touch.

• Brohoof 1

42 minutes ago, Vintjack Greasymane said:

Massively trolled? Why?

I assume the usual reason - it was the most active posting thread on the forum, and trolls just want an audience.

24 minutes ago, Vintjack Greasymane said:

I know, right? I so hope it gets back to the days, even though I'm being pretty much of an hypocrite, since I've been getting more and more absent through time. 

To be fair, there is a negative feedback loop there - if you post less on the forums because there aren't threads you want to contribute to, there is less posting overall, and everypony spends less time here because of it...

19 minutes ago, Rixton said:

This exam will be from Operating systems and networks course, I am an electrical engineer student.

Cool. Back when I was a student, it was either EE *or* computing, there was an airgap between them.

16 minutes ago, Rixton said:

No, I think they just stopped posting in general (although before the WPCC there was also Totally Lyra's boop thread, and the ban/jail games...)

Hmm. the banner changed again - that was sudden.

We lost a lot of people during the summer, especially The Recherche. He got burned out and only comes on every once in a while now. For some reason, people stopped coming by when he left and it went down hill from there. Now people primarily use status updates to keep in touch.

I don't think it's all strictly related to him...at least for me, being one of them who left during summer.
I guess it's just how things go. It wouldn't be the first time many people decide to leave the Forums and make everybody know they're still alive through status updates once in a while

He got burned out and only comes on every once in a while now

Wait...what? I didn't know that...is he OK?

Just now, CypherHoof said:

I assume the usual reason - it was the most active posting thread on the forum, and trolls just want an audience.

Fair enough.

To be fair, there is a negative feedback loop there - if you post less on the forums because there aren't threads you want to contribute to, there is less posting overall, and everypony spends less time here because of it...

I wouldn't say that, in my case: I've never actually been interested in threads, here. The only reason I came here on the Forums was because I found some friendly people I could be in touch with, from time to time. Threads were just some additional things I could take part in every once in a while, or whenever I felt like I wanted to train my written English.

But you're talking about the totality, so I guess you're 100% right

4 minutes ago, Vintjack Greasymane said:

I don't think it's all strictly related to him...at least for me, being one of them who left during summer.
I guess it's just how things go. It wouldn't be the first time many people decide to leave the Forums and make everybody know they're still alive through status updates once in a while

Wait...what? I didn't know that...is he OK?

Yeah, he’s fine. He just got tired of being on here every day for hours and hours at a time. After a while, you tired of it and it doesn’t hold the same excitement as it used to. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Vintjack Greasymane said:

I wouldn't say that, in my case: I've never actually been interested in threads, here. The only reason I came here on the Forums was because I found some friendly people I could be in touch with, from time to time. Threads were just some additional things I could take part in every once in a while, or whenever I felt like I wanted to train my written English.

But you're talking about the totality, so I guess you're 100% right

And yet these conversations seem to be "sticky" - you may well have wandered off onto another site by now, if you weren't talking here :)

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, he’s fine. He just got tired of being on here every day for hours and hours at a time. After a while, you tired of it and it doesn’t hold the same excitement as it used to. 

Oh, ok. I already knew that, then. Sorry, I thought something else happened.

Well, I can't say I blame him...being here every day for many hours can result in a big interest decreasement...as well as doing the same things that are supposed to be fun over and over every day.

I saw he's still frequentely around, though, therefore we can't really say he's a stranger now

And yet these conversations seem to be "sticky" - you may well have wandered off onto another site by now, if you weren't talking here :)

I won't deny I'm feeling like I'm in a desert while talking here, as of now.

That brings me to this awful question...in your opinion, are these Forums slowly fading away?

I just spent the last four days at my parent’s house for Christmas. Now, I am back to work. :mlp_gag:

Uh. At least you had fun at your parent's place :kindness:

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Lord Midnight Madness said:

Sorry @Vintjack Greasymane I fell asleep. It's been one of those days. I had bosses up my butt and everyone just seemed to be in a bad mood.

No offense taken, of course! :mlp_yeehaa:

Meh, what can I say? Those days, unfortunately, seem to still exist. The best thing one can do is to wait until they're over and keep the positivity as close to themselves as possible

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

I just spent the last four days at my parent’s house for Christmas. Now, I am back to work. :mlp_gag:

Work work.  Take some coffee with you! :wub:  Oh wait it's probably evening time... Tea! :love:

Image result for mlp work gif

• Brohoof 2