Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

6 minutes ago, Longhaul said:

I've been doing okay, dealing with health issues and other things.  

Alright. Health issues aren't fun - I have a lot myself. Hope you feel better. 

I've been doing alright myself. I'm spending the day playing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. 

• Brohoof 2

20 minutes ago, Cash In said:

I've been doing alright myself. I'm spending the day playing Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. 

Never really been into the fighting games - got bored with pokemon lets go though, so the Switch is back in its travel case until I find a new game for it.

41 minutes ago, Cash In said:

Alright. Health issues aren't fun - I have a lot myself. Hope you feel better. 

It's been nothing major, just the usual things that go with getting old.

I'm hoping this storm passes soon, it's wreaking havoc on my legs.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Rising Dusk said:

Work work.  Take some coffee with you! :wub:  Oh wait it's probably evening time... Tea! :love:

Image result for mlp work gif

Tea sounds wonderful. Singing tea bags?

BF2AD095-363A-4227-B26A-929A60CB1069.thumb.png.217b9fa336f2ace4c5c2ae6e3fa5aceb.png

1 hour ago, Cash In said:

Uh. At least you had fun at your parent's place :kindness:

Yeah, I always have a good time and good food.

11 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

Cool. Back when I was a student, it was either EE *or* computing, there was an airgap between them.

It is not that very useful course, rather than a "fill the gap" thing. Maybe it is better taught to IT students.

11 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

No, I think they just stopped posting in general (although before the WPCC there was also Totally Lyra's boop thread, and the ban/jail games...)
Hmm. the banner changed again - that was sudden.

So you say it was a temporary inflammation of the forum?

39 minutes ago, Rixton said:

It is not that very useful course, rather than a "fill the gap" thing. Maybe it is better taught to IT students.

Possibly a bit basic for them. But then, given IoT and other convergences, I don't think ANY technological field can escape having to learn about computers these days.

I did do a more "middle of the road" course though at college - focus was on industrial computing - electronic theory down to the jfet/mosfet level, practical circuit theory and design (we had to design and etch boards, then solder components to the pads), machine code programming and so forth. but we did do the high level coding too, and at the other end of the scale, turning components on a manual lathe or router station, then duplicating that in CNC.

39 minutes ago, Rixton said:

So you say it was a temporary inflammation of the forum?

Pretty much. I unfollowed it and started hanging in @Longhaul's bar instead, but that has always been quiet.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

Possibly a bit basic for them. But then, given IoT and other convergences, I don't think ANY technological field can escape having to learn about computers these days.

I did do a more "middle of the road" course though at college - focus was on industrial computing - electronic theory down to the jfet/mosfet level, practical circuit theory and design (we had to design and etch boards, then solder components to the pads), machine code programming and so forth. but we did do the high level coding too, and at the other end of the scale, turning components on a manual lathe or router station, then duplicating that in CNC.

That is pretty cool! I have some experience with bjts and mosfets, and middle to high level coding, however unfortunately many of my knowledge was acquired during playing with these stuffs at home, and not at school. I love to use arduino micro controllers, I also own a raspberry board too, that is currently is my NAS server, and soon will be given to monitoring purposes. My next target to learn is the stm32f103c8t6 chip, this is more powerful than the atmega328 one, and in parallel, going down to lower and lower level coding.

53 minutes ago, Rixton said:

That is pretty cool! I have some experience with bjts and mosfets, and middle to high level coding, however unfortunately many of my knowledge was acquired during playing with these stuffs at home, and not at school. I love to use arduino micro controllers, I also own a raspberry board too, that is currently is my NAS server, and soon will be given to monitoring purposes. My next target to learn is the stm32f103c8t6 chip, this is more powerful than the atmega328 one, and in parallel, going down to lower and lower level coding.

you probably have more recent hands-on than me then :)
I did buy a boxload of Digispark (ATTINY85) boards - and I mean a boxload, you get like 20 in a shipment :)

Keep meaning to pick up a FPGA board to try my hand at that, but I never seem to have the time to do stuff these days (too much MLPF I guess :D)

2 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

you probably have more recent hands-on than me then :)
I did buy a boxload of Digispark (ATTINY85) boards - and I mean a boxload, you get like 20 in a shipment :)

Keep meaning to pick up a FPGA board to try my hand at that, but I never seem to have the time to do stuff these days (too much MLPF I guess :D)

I have attiny85 chips. Their name is correct meaning "tiny", they are good for very small projects, carrying ~1-2 functions. On my 3D printer, the distance measurement between the nozzle and the print bed will be done with this chip.
My friend calls them toilet light controllers, since their small memory. :laugh:
About FPGAs...I am not at that level yet to work with them, but you should definitely learn using that family, they are ultra fast.

10 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

*makes a batch of muffins in the oven*

How is everypony today? :pinkiehat:

Hmm muffins!
I am studying currently, my papers are all over the table.
How are you?

15 minutes ago, Rixton said:

Hmm muffins!
I am studying currently, my papers are all over the table.
How are you?

Yes, muffins! :pinkie:

03732BB3-4AE9-45C6-9FBB-491FED31A3A1.jpeg.02e7797dfad15d6c81ca31eda0630bb0.jpeg

Ah, good luck with the studying. I’m alright. Currently at work with reports and orders covering my desk. :scoots:

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

Ah, good luck with the studying. I’m alright. Currently at work with reports and orders covering my desk. :scoots:

Endurance my friend! Weekend is now not that far.

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

Ok got a sudden urge to visit ASDA and buy some white chocolate and raspberry muffins (Assuming Derpy hasn't eaten them all)

• Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, Rixton said:

You know that she always have an emergency spare basket.
maxresdefault.jpg

Well ,yes, but those are HER muffins. I wouldn't deprive our Empress Derpy, wielder of the TwilyCane and grand muffin of the Order of the Muffin :)

• Brohoof 4

24 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

*makes a fresh pot of coffee in the hope it attracts @Alexshy with her attendant mane-dwelling @Fluttershy Friend and @Catpone Cerberus guests :)

Oh....uhm ....hmm..... Thanks.

I now.....: (like Starswirl The Boarded said someday: "One picture is worth much more than thousand of words"):^_^

reading_in_the_evening_by_bakud_dcu9bgy-fullview.thumb.png.7fbbd375615119c166bade6a8ef5435c.png

But thank you for your good coffee friend!

OMG! I CAN'T BELIEVE! THERE IS EXACTLY THE SAME HOUR HERE LIKE ON THE PICTURE!:blink::D

AMAZING!

Edited by Fluttershy Friend
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

OMG! I CAN'T BELIEVE! THERE IS EXACTLY THE SAME HOUR HERE!:blink:

It's good to know that we are not that separated. There will be two shifts here, one is the group talking now, and one the other is whose message is 8 hours old at morning. :laugh:

• Brohoof 1

52 minutes ago, Longhaul said:

For the record, it isn't "my" bar.  

And hello everyone.

And for the record, you self-appointed as the barkeep - therefore, it's your bar :)

if you are the barkeep, you get to keep the bar :D

• Brohoof 1