Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Sub-Culture on Sub-Cultures: Live-Action Role Players

Fire_Fly

Here's the second thread dedicated to my 'A Subculture on Subcultures' series, where everypony can express their views on some of my favorite subcultures, and suggest some of their own!

The subculture under the magnifying glass today: Live-Action Role Players!

For those out of the know, Live-Action Role Players (commonly called LARPers) are people united for the sake of entertainment, fantasy, and the pursuit of a friendly, like-minded community in the form of role playing. However, their style goes much further than the role playing we see here, or even board games like Dungeons & Dragons. As the name would suggest, LARP is done completely in live-action, with people dressing as their own unique OC's or characters, or sometimes even characters from popular media.

I don't personally belong to this subculture, but it does seem like a fun and interesting form of entertainment. Not only that, but the idea of unity through shared passions and pursuits is really prevalent in this subculture. Not only is LARP a great way to have fun, but it also provides an escape from the constantly-dulling reality and monotony of everyday life, as well as a way to make new friends who share your enthusiasm for fantasy and recreation.

Well, everypony, what say you? What's your reaction to the LARP subculture?