Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Possibility to continue g4 alongside g5?

ManaMinori

I know many fans are worried about the series eventually ending after season 9, if more seasons don't get the green light, and the concept art and movie for g5 is finalized. However, I think it may be possible for Hasbro to continue to run with g4 while g5 starts up. While the tv series nears its end, it may be possible to release g4 content of self contained g4 spinoff episodes/ movies under the name of "Equestria Encore", "FiM Fan Series" "Requestria", "the lost arc/ episodes", or something.  These could give us anything from the highly anticipated childhood of the royal sisters, to Sunset's permanent return to Equestria after graduation in the human world.  Surely, this would ease the transition to g5 and allow fans of g4 a bit more content of the old generation to chew on, while g5 is underway.

• Brohoof 2

it depends if Hasbro is willing to throw money into this sort of thing.

Hasbro is a toy company and i am sure as soon as g5 comes around, most of the g4 merch will be replaced with g5, because it's the "new hot toy in town."

I think the only reason Hasbro would continue g4 during g5, is if they think they can make as much money out of it, as they can make out of g5 and i personally don't see it.

And i think after almost 10 years we should close the book and go forward.

• Brohoof 2

If you ask me... no. This would just divide their resources, as well as confusing their target demographic; only hardcore fans (which is already a smaller group than it once was) would know the main difference between Gens 4 and 5. :pout:

• Brohoof 1