Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Name Help and Palette Critique

startrix

(edited)

Hey everyone! I was wondering if I could get some help with my pony OC. I've recently gotten back into mlp after being gone from the fandom for a couple years, so I decided to revamp my OC. I'm just struggling with a few things. 

1) I need help deciding on a name for her. Since her cutie mark has to do with the wilderness, I was originally thinking "Nature Walk", but I wasn't sure if that sounded like a "pony" name. I've also considered Wild Flower based on her cutie mark, and Lavender Honey based on her color palette.

2) Speaking of palette, I'm not sure if the green streaks in her hair should be removed. I originally decided I wanted a lavender coat with a light yellow mane, since I love the color combination. I also wanted to add something to allude to her nature-based talent, but I'm not sure if the green streaks really... go with the rest of her design. The last thing I want her to be is an eyesore. 

Her cutie mark is a paw-print and two flowers (made with the Hasbro cutie mark maker game, since I'm a terrible artist). I'm currently in school to become a wildlife ecologist, and wanted my pony OC to have a similar talent. If you have any comments/suggestions on her cutie mark, I'll gladly take those as well. 

Also, just a note, as of right now, she's only a recolor of a vector. Once I get her design finalized, I'll be commissioning a reference sheet for her, so I don't have to use someone else's hard work when showing her to people. 

Nature Walk OC.png

Edited by startrix
  • Brohoof 2

I like it. Normally yellow and green would make me think of a lemon lime soda, but I'm not getting that vibe from this one. I would however suggest you darken the lavender coat, because I thought that was grey initially. Maybe change the eyes slightly. I don't know how you should go about it, but they look really intense, almost as if they were flashing because she's secretly a changeling.

(edited)

I quite like the design and find it quite cute. On top of that Nature Walk is an interesting name and its unique two great things for any pony OC. I believe your OC's design and name are extremely well done.

Furthermore I can make you a cutie mark if you're interested.

Edited by Script Chime

I love the palette, though you could stand to darken the lavender and maybe lighten the green on the eyes. As for the name, I bloody love it. It's original and not falling on edgy, the two most important things. I would however lighten or darken the cutie mark, as to make sure it's not confused with the tail.

so yeah I love it

13 hours ago, SharpWit said:

I like it. Normally yellow and green would make me think of a lemon lime soda, but I'm not getting that vibe from this one. I would however suggest you darken the lavender coat, because I thought that was grey initially. Maybe change the eyes slightly. I don't know how you should go about it, but they look really intense, almost as if they were flashing because she's secretly a changeling.

Thank you so much! And I totally see what you're saying about the coat color and eyes. 

10 hours ago, Script Chime said:

I quite like the design and find it quite cute. On top of that Nature Walk is an interesting name and its unique two great things for any pony OC. I believe your OC's design and name are extremely well done.

Furthermore I can make you a cutie mark if you're interested.

Thank you!

Also, thank you so, so much for the offer to design a cutie mark! That would be awesome!!

10 hours ago, kaiser5578 said:

I love the palette, though you could stand to darken the lavender and maybe lighten the green on the eyes. As for the name, I bloody love it. It's original and not falling on edgy, the two most important things. I would however lighten or darken the cutie mark, as to make sure it's not confused with the tail.

so yeah I love it

Thank you for your input! I do plan on darkening the lavender and changing the eyes since they're very bright. I hadn't even noticed the cutie mark thing, thank you!

(edited)
1 hour ago, startrix said:

Thank you so much! And I totally see what you're saying about the coat color and eyes. 

Thank you!

Also, thank you so, so much for the offer to design a cutie mark! That would be awesome!!

Thank you for your input! I do plan on darkening the lavender and changing the eyes since they're very bright. I hadn't even noticed the cutie mark thing, thank you!

I'll get to work on it and I'll send it you to judge is there anything in particular you want implemented? For example any shape(s), color(s), or idea(s) and is she good at or skilled in anything else?

Edited by Script Chime

45 minutes ago, Script Chime said:

I'll get to work on it and I'll post it here for you to judge is there anything in particular you want implemented? For example any shape, color(s), or idea?

The only thing I really have in mind is something relating to plants and animals, but beyond that I'm open to anything. Thank you again!